If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
Realistically I think you have to negotiate extraordinary parachute payments to the clubs that are relegated, hand Liverpool the trophy and move on. There is no "good" solution. Any starting over, or running a combined season will unfairly rob some of the earned benefit of the matches they won this season. Just much easier and cleaner to call this one done and give the relegated clubs extra money not to make too much of a fuss.

Probably need to start wondering about next season, really.

There's no way you can have relegation without finishing the season - Villa even have a GIH that potentially puts them clear

14/20 majority rules in the PL and the best thing for the majority is to restart last season as if it never happened

There's no way you can have relegation without finishing the season - Villa even have a GIH that potentially puts them clear

14/20 majority rules in the PL and the best thing for the majority is to restart last season as if it never happened

Finish it or void it. The only two options there's ever been

Realistically I think you have to negotiate extraordinary parachute payments to the clubs that are relegated, hand Liverpool the trophy and move on. There is no "good" solution. Any starting over, or running a combined season will unfairly rob some of the earned benefit of the matches they won this season. Just much easier and cleaner to call this one done and give the relegated clubs extra money not to make too much of a fuss.

Probably need to start wondering about next season, really.

In my mind that’s not workable. Be in court forever. I see all European leagues declaring this season null and void.

For istance look when Leeds got relegated and look at them now. How many clubs get relegated and never return? You could use their loss of earning as a starting point for compensation. 15 years worth of premier league money please.

Anybody who gets relegated needs to have played 38 games.

This season is consigned to the history books as a non event. Even next season could be affected by this. I don’t think we can assume this disease will just disappear overnight. To start the new season in August seems unlikely based on what I hear.

This all should serve as a reminder there are things much more important than football. Fuck trophies or parachute payments.

This is the season that was(not).

2019/20 is done. It has to be. No overall winner in domestic leagues. Essentially void, non-runners. Restart at 2020/21 as it was for the beginning of 2019/20.

As for European competition that's a bit trickier in my opinion. It might not be as easy to get that going and in honesty I think it would be appropriate just to pick it all up from where it left off when they can; even if that means no group stage games for a year... and obviously means we do a year with no European football.

I think 20/21 will start on time but with restrictions in place, only under 50s allowed or those who test positive for anti-bodies.
I was reading today that the anti bodie test won’t be ready for 6 months. Hope they are wrong because that would be a game changer.

Edit: Was in the guardian article posted a page back.

Not the most important thing right now, but not sure if people get their money back from placing bets on the final outcome of the season. Plenty of variables on bets which open up a can of worms.
Left for another day to worry about though for those involved.
Nightmare time to be a bookie or a punter.
I tried to put a bet on with Paddy Power that the world would end in December and the buggers wouldn't accept it.

In my mind that’s not workable. Be in court forever. I see all European leagues declaring this season null and void.

For istance look when Leeds got relegated and look at them now. How many clubs get relegated and never return? You could use their loss of earning as a starting point for compensation. 15 years worth of premier league money please.

This season is consigned to the history books as a non event. Even next season could be affected by this. I don’t think we can assume this disease will just disappear overnight. To start the new season in August seems unlikely based on what I hear.

This all should serve as a reminder there are things much more important than football. Fuck trophies or parachute payments.

I wouldnt bet on next season starting on time..we may lose the league cup and possibly the FA cup next season to make the time up

Got to be honest, I’m glad Levy is in charge now. He will navigate this sort of financial clusterfuck with aplomb.

Players values have essentially halved. Liquidity will matter more than ever.

I doubt it, but you never know, maybe this might have some long-term positive effects like cheaper tickets for the average fan, cheaper Sky subscriptions, etc.

I still can't believe some people are talking about 'freezing' the season as it finished and starting again. Utterly absurd idea which is totally unworkable and the lawyers will, quite rightly, have a field day.

Only realistic option for me is to void the whole thing. It never existed. (I'd reluctantly say the same even if we were top). Start domestic football again whenever it's feasible. European football is a different matter. Maybe no European competitions at all next season? Finish off the remainder of this one next year? Or re-boot as was with Spurs back in the CL!

Must say though, that football is very much at the back of my mind. Any dippers who keep harping on about it really need to look in the mirror.

Agreed. I think they should give out the title as its almost 100% certain. And keep the status quo for rest of the things.

Only realistic option for me is to void the whole thing. It never existed. (I'd reluctantly say the same even if we were top).
Yea yea, we are 99.999% sure of winning the league with only 2 wins needed from 10 but yea go on and just void it. Thanks. Why lie to yourself.

All the ones who are crying out for voiding it would be suddenly crying out to get the title or finish the season.

Yea yea, we are 99.999% sure of winning the league with only 2 wins needed from 10 but yea go on and just void it. Thanks. Why lie to yourself.

All the ones who are crying out for voiding it would be suddenly crying out to get the title or finish the season.

Nope. We are spurs fans. We would all be like I knew this would happen. Man City in the cup. United in the league. Losing the league to Leicester fucking city.
Handball in the first minute of the CL final....... FFS.

SPURSY

meet your new friend.

SCOUSEY

Not me. Season is disrupted and tainted by death so quite frankly I wouldn't give a fuck if it meant Spurs being denied. Would be just typical I'd think. More important shit. And fuck just handing Liverpool anything. They haven't won shit mathematically and should not be given any special dispensation - nor would many dippers want it that way. 'And keep status quo for the rest'. You're talking utter bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom