If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
No I am arguing that this whole 'oh if it were spurs I'd want it all voided because its been tainted by death' nonsense is just a lie. It is being spiteful and I dont mind it. If the title gets given or not given doesnt make a difference to me and shouldnt make a difference at all to anyone else since none of the clubs were in the race. What I found low was people trying to hide their spitefulness behind 'look at the lives being lost'.

Okay we've got the message;
It started as a joke on the entitled,boring Dippers but now unfortunately it's just an irrelevance.

No I am arguing that this whole 'oh if it were spurs I'd want it all voided because its been tainted by death' nonsense is just a lie. It is being spiteful and I dont mind it. If the title gets given or not given doesnt make a difference to me and shouldnt make a difference at all to anyone else since none of the clubs were in the race. What I found low was people trying to hide their spitefulness behind 'look at the lives being lost'.

Not going to comment on any other posts, but I’d 100% love to see the season voided out of purely being spiteful. It would be fucking hilarious.

It’s still the right thing to do for various other public safety reasons, but for me the main reason would be the amusement factor.

Not going to comment on any other posts, but I’d 100% love to see the season voided out of purely being spiteful. It would be fucking hilarious.

It’s still the right thing to do for various other public safety reasons, but for me the main reason would be the amusement factor.
Im on board with that. I think it would be hillarious too.

Blah blah blah. Go give Salah a kiss while you are at it.

Good. Do your part, sir. I, for one, stay as a far away as possible from anyone associated with Liverpool regardless of current pandemic status.

One of the best things to avoid spreading the virus is voiding the season. The number of plastic dippers which would have come out of the woodwork when they won would have been excruciating.

And I'm not referring to the coronavirus. This would have been much worse.

One of the best things to avoid spreading the virus is voiding the season. The number of plastic dippers which would have come out of the woodwork when they won would have been excruciating.

And I'm not referring to the coronavirus. This would have been much worse.
Can you imagine the Scousers outside Anfield. Must be avoided.

Best thing would be to finish the season obviously if possible.
But if some want to void the league due to 'humanity' , giving out the title means absolutely nothing to any other team's position and shouldnt matter to anyone. The only reason someone would be against giving out the title is to be spiteful. And theres no need to hide it under the guise of 'humanity'. Its transparent to see.

No, you can't just give Liverpool the title, it opens up a can of worms whereby teams who felt they were going to achieve certain things can make demands to be given credit for them. Finishing the season or voiding the season treats everyone equally, half measures or special dispensations can't be allowed.

No, you can't just give Liverpool the title, it opens up a can of worms whereby teams who felt they were going to achieve certain things can make demands to be given credit for them. Finishing the season or voiding the season treats everyone equally, half measures or special dispensations can't be allowed.
For example. If Liverpool are handed the league on a technicality what is going to stop any of the clubs that might miss out on CL football next season but were in the mix from taking it to court?

May as well blow full time in any game after 74 mins and award 3 points to the team in front at that point.

Would be a complete farce if it were to happen. But the again, after seeing them get preferential decisions on and off the field week after week , nothing would surprise me.

May as well blow full time in any game after 74 mins and award 3 points to the team in front at that point.

Would be a complete farce if it were to happen. But the again, after seeing them get preferential decisions on and off the field week after week , nothing would surprise me.
If its 25-0 at 74 minutes, I think the losing teams would probably appreciate it.

Its would be the equivalent of one team being up by 25 goals, all the referees getting hurt and the game cant be continued. Now does the losing team say oh we still had a chance!!! Or the result decided as the team winning by 25 goals declared the winner?

Last edited:
If its 25-0 at 74 minutes, I think the losing teams would probably appreciate it.

Its would be the equivalent of one team being up by 25 goals, all the referees getting hurt and the game cant be continued. Now does the losing team say oh we still had a chance!!! Or the result decided as the team winning by 25 goals declared the winner?

How are the referees getting hurt??

Is Joey Barton the manger of one of these teams?

Back
Top Bottom