If the season isn’t completed........(Now with Poll)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If the season isn’t completed.........

• Declare the season null and void

Votes: 131 65.8%
  • Finish the season no matter how

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • End the season in the current positions

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • Award the league and champions league to Spurs.

Votes: 34 17.1%
  • Stop Liverpool being crowned champions just for a laugh.

Votes: 49 24.6%
  • Give all the prize money to Billy.

Votes: 7 3.5%

• Total voters
From Martin Samuel - Wycombe take Peterborough’s place in L1 play offs because they get awarded 1.73 points for their game in hand away to leaders Coventry. Yet Coventry get 1.97 points from the same fixture - making a total of 3.7 points awarded in one match !!!!!! Eh ?

From Martin Samuel - Wycombe take Peterborough’s place in L1 play offs because they get awarded 1.73 points for their game in hand away to leaders Coventry. Yet Coventry get 1.97 points from the same fixture - making a total of 3.7 points awarded in one match !!!!!! Eh ?
If they don't weight the points averages for home and away then it's utter bollocks and clubs like Peterborough (who would rightly be in the playoffs) should sue the arses off those making such idiotic decisions.

Good. Anything that pisses off the big mouth bully McAnthony is great with me.

Voiding the season is the only fair thing to do, IMO.
Football by its very nature is unpredictable, and we all know that any team can go on a run of three or four games which changes their league position quite dramatically. As experienced from previous seasons, all the relegation places are very rarely confirmed with nine games to go, same with European qualification.
Let's just start afresh from next season.

Voiding the season is the only fair thing to do, IMO.
Football by its very nature is unpredictable, and we all know that any team can go on a run of three or four games which changes their league position quite dramatically. As experienced from previous seasons, all the relegation places are very rarely confirmed with nine games to go, same with European qualification.
Let's just start afresh from next season.
A season is games home and away in similar circumstances over the course of about a year anything else is not a season.... Give Liverpool the league if they want it (they won it really) and start a new season with the reality of Covid.

The fact people are saying "finish the season" is laughable.. Its so different from the first 2/3s.

A season is games home and away in similar circumstances over the course of about a year anything else is not a season.... Give Liverpool the league if they want it (they won it really) and start a new season with the reality of Covid.

The fact people are saying "finish the season" is laughable.. Its so different from the first 2/3s.
Although I can't stand the Scousers and their arrogance and self-entitlement, they are that far ahead that it was only going to take a pandemic to stop them!

...Makes you wonder if Belgium, France & Netherlands would have held out a little longer if they knew that in truth it was hollow posturing.

The Premier League is looking at ways of taking fans to grounds digitally when the season resumes behind closed doors, including the potential use of the LED advertising boards and screens. (Express)

The Premier League is looking at ways of taking fans to grounds digitally when the season resumes behind closed doors, including the potential use of the LED advertising boards and screens. (Express)

Reads something about this in the WSpam thread... That scale of screens all around a stadium would cost an absolute fortune. Then multiply that x 20.... I 'thought' football was in danger of going skint?

Reads something about this in the WSpam thread... That scale of screens all around a stadium would cost an absolute fortune. Then multiply that x 20.... I 'thought' football was in danger of going skint?
Agree, I don't think it will happen.

I do think Levy might do this though...

Agree, I don't think it will happen.

I do think Levy might do this though...

Personally, can't see any point (not once in all the games I've attended have I seen my face on TV!), but at least it allows big time fans some form of engagement with the club without someone else footing the bill.

Personally, can't see any point (not once in all the games I've attended have I seen my face on TV!), but at least it allows big time fans some form of engagement with the club without someone else footing the bill.
I thought it was a very cheesy and dumb idea but I was watching Gladbach this weekend and it actually looked pretty cool.

No real harm in doing it.

Back
Top Bottom