If they had been fully backed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If backed, who would have been most successful

• Redknapp

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • AVB

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pochettino

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters
Poch or Redknapp. Both have similar themes where they created a proper solid well oiled machine but didnt get the transfer backing to push on when it mattered. Levy was happy to squeeze the squad and settle for a CL spot. Both Redknapp and Poch could have won a title as we were playing the best football in the country at times but didnt have the squad depth.

Levy fanboy weirdos will say different and will try to change the history books with their perverse propaganda but we all know whats up

Mourinho.

Redknapp was brilliant, but he wasn't a tactical manager. He was the kind of coach that would say "go out there and do your best".

Poch on the other hand, was very tactically crafted, however his transfer were 90% of the time a disaster. If he were backed, it might've worked for us, or it would've been our downfall financially.

AVB. LOL.
Out of the 27 signings for Poch:

Signings:
Great = Son, Toby
Decent=Dier, Moura, Davies, Sess, Llorente, Davies, Dele (Under Poch was good)
Bad = 18 others.

So its actually 66.6667 % were bad

Out of the 27 signings for Poch:

Signings:
Great = Son, Toby
Decent=Dier, Moura, Davies, Sess, Llorente, Davies, Dele (Under Poch was good)
Bad = 18 others.

So its actually 66.6667 % were bad
Most of those were done by Paul Mitchell. When he left our transfer business went to shit until Paratici came in.

Ah it’s gotta be Poch. We reached peak in 16/17 where we had an extremely good starting 11. I believe we were after Mane and Wijnaldum the summer before which could have made a big difference. He was clearly given a budget and because of that, his signings were hit or miss. Needed to strengthen and kick on but it never happened. Lo Celso and Ndombele were signed too late when wholesale changes were required.

Most of those were done by Paul Mitchell. When he left our transfer business went to shit until Paratici came in.
Sonny was Poch's signing though. He also tried to get him when he was with Southampton but Son refused. Finally got him after he came to Spurs. Which turned out great.

Harry deserves way more credit than he gets for tactics. Examples… the 2-1 win over Chavs at home is the most complete performance I’ve ever seen from a Spurs team. ‘The’ game at City we slowly strangled them. The whole tie against Milan was tactical genius. He also kept things clear and simple and played to players’ strengths. A good rule for any line of leadership and work. The football before the FA and court case fucked him around was just stunning. Fuck the hypothetical shit bollocks debate - that team was utter class.

Edit: anyone voting for Mourinho with any vague degree of seriousness is an utter moron. Hoofing high balls to the big fella lone striker Lucas Moura? Cancel the creativity and flair of Dele? Egotistical moronic dictator. Jerking off over Winks at breakfast with Levy. Fuck off.

Last edited:
I don't undestand what you are struggling with tbh - Poch had his transfer targets, Mane & Wijnaldum- we didn't back him to get them in. It's literally the perfect example of what the thread is asking

I'm not struggling with anything i simply don't remember things happening like that. I remember us offering Mane a deal he chose Liverpool cause they offered him more cash.

We then fucked about all window and panicked and bought Sissoko no idea his wages where anywhere near what Mane wanted if that's true, I just know the at the time record fee off 30 million we paid was shocking, but he had just had a great tournament with France and looked there best player at times

Awful buisness either way

Levy fanboy weirdos will say different and will try to change the history books with their perverse propaganda but we all know whats up

Boo that man!! Heathen!!!

bush.gif

stevee stevee ?

Redknapp was not great when given cash, we spunked so much bringing defoe, Keane and crouch, the best of whom was arguably Defoe who would turn up once every 5 games to bully a relegation side but was completely anonymous against anyone decent. Keanes head was gone after he flopped at Pool and Crouch was just pure dogshit, something like 12 goals in 73 league games and his supposed "link up play" was a myth, so often he would be used by defenders to draw a foul when we lumped it up to him.
Poch for me, most of the recruitment at the time was done seemingly without much input from him and if we were signing better squad players than the likes of N'jie, N'koudou, Janssen, etc we might have had the depth not to fall apart at the end like we did in pretty much every poch season due to lack of rotation.

Another thing to remember is that Levy and Hitchen were always in charge (or another shit mix) and so maybe the question should be if Poch was backed with Paratici could they have done more? I think we would have potentialy made better signings.

I've gone for Mourinho. Sit down at the back!!

I wouldn't trust AVB, Redknapp or Poch to use the money well.
Redknapp would just sign a few mates he knows.
AVB would have fucked it up. He just did. Even if he got good players he was a fake football manager.
Poch didn't/doesn't understand squad football. He'd have had a great starting 11 and a rubbish bench.

Wouldn't be Poch, his best work was with the likes of Dier (£3m?), Rose (failed champo left winger, Walker (£3m?) Davies £?m). The more money he spent the worse it got. Dom Belly, Lo Celso, that French winger, Sanchez jury still out.

Has to be Redknapp. Backed at Pompey he won the FA cup, kept Spam up when really bad and then got them to 5th in PL.

That Jan window when he got Wilson our form went from relegation candidates to top 4 immediately. No surprise that we got top 4 next season for the first time.

Very good eye for a player, very few failures where he'd splashed the cash. Even Fergie had some expensive failures, Whinger too thankfully.

Another thing to remember is that Levy and Hitchen were always in charge (or another shit mix) and so maybe the question should be if Poch was backed with Paratici could they have done more? I think we would have potentialy made better signings.

Poch didn't want a DoF and was quite clear on that.

Back
Top Bottom