If they had been fully backed

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If backed, who would have been most successful

• Redknapp

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • AVB

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Pochettino

Votes: 83 65.4%
  • Mourinho

Votes: 13 10.2%

• Total voters
for me I would say there was 2 occasions
Rednapp when levy got him saha & Nelson, if only Levy had got 2 top players who knows where we would be now, there wasn't the money in the game then, we cpuld have gained a big match on City & Liverpool
and the Leicester season, If levy had got Charlie Austin in Jan window a few goals from him & resting or having extra striker could have won us the league

if pushed i would say the rednapp season was the one when everything could have changed and pushed us forward earlier

for me I would say there was 2 occasions
Rednapp when levy got him saha & Nelson, if only Levy had got 2 top players who knows where we would be now, there wasn't the money in the game then, we cpuld have gained a big match on City & Liverpool
and the Leicester season, If levy had got Charlie Austin in Jan window a few goals from him & resting or having extra striker could have won us the league

if pushed i would say the rednapp season was the one when everything could have changed and pushed us forward earlier

: ostrich:

I voted for Poch as I feel that he has been the best Spurs manager in my lifetime (although I expect Conte to overtake him).

But then I read the OP again which said "each of these managers had said 'we need these specific players'" and remembered Lo Celso, Ndombele which are some of our record signings that apparently Poch really wanted (and our general transfer record under Poch) and thought that for all of Poch's strengths that make him an great manager, I don't have faith in him picking the right signings. This might be unfair on Poch but it is the impression I have of him.

So for that reason, I changed my vote to my 2nd choice of Redknapp, as AVB and Mourinho don't even come close to him with what they did with Spurs. Redknapp was good in the market and had a very good team, and this was during a period where the top of the PL was closer.

Last edited:
After the 5-1 v Newcastle under Redknapp.

Then when we went 2-1 up with the Harry Kane mask screamer v Woolwich.

Man, at both those times I actually let myself believe we could win the league.

Back
Top Bottom