If you could sell all our players this month and start again, would you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With respect it's a daft question I get that people are hacked off and that it feels bad but it isn't as bad as it looks.

We need a few new players and some of our current crop to do better and for a few to be sold.

The key is the right manager alongside the right recruitment at the same time and for it to be part of a 3 year cycle.

The level we're aiming for is top 4 really. Of our squad, who is honestly of that standard? Players top 4 sides would take?

Lloris, Romero, Son, Kane..

Then maybe there's a case for a bunch of players being worth having in the squad like;

Dier, Reguilon, Skipp, Lucas..

Then there's the list of players that probably just aren't up to it and never will be;

Gollini, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon, Davies, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Bergwijn, Gill, Dele..

For me that's 15 players, over half our squad, that aren't at the required standard we want to be at.

The only thing we have going in our favour is how shit United have been, and that Woolwich, West Ham and Leicester are equally unconvincing.

I’d keep Lloris, Romero, Son and Kane. Everyone else can go. I feel like we have a lot of players who are square heads in round holes and are a class below where we need.

Then there's the list of players that probably just aren't up to it and never will be;

Gollini, Emerson, Doherty, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Tanganga, Rodon, Davies, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Bergwijn, Gill, Dele..

For me that's 15 players, over half our squad, that aren't at the required standard we want to be at.
Thats a depressingly long list but I pretty much agree with all of them for one reason or another (injury proneness, form, suitability to the Conte system, mentality, fitness) except perhaps Gil as hes barely had a chance to show anything. As much as I like Tanganga and Rodon they seem to have gone backwards. Davies is OK but isnt the future, and the rest have all shown they cannot be relied on after multiple chances to do so

Last edited:
Pot full of money ain't much good without the right person spending it.

Is Fab gonna be that guy?

........Our immediate future is depending on him.

Thats a depressingly long list but I pretty much agree with all of them for one reason or another (injury proneness, form, suitability to the Conte system, mentality, fitness) except perhaps Gil as hes barely had a chance to show anything. As much as I like Tanganga and Rodon they seem to have gone backwards

I would say Gil is of the level, age and potential that a top side would loan out.. we are bringing him on hoping he will make an impact.
Currently not near good enough for me. Lamela was more useful in our squad when available.

As for Davies - the best thing he has going for him is that he's left footed.

The level we're aiming for is top 4 really. Of our squad, who is honestly of that standard? Players top 4 sides would take?

Lloris, Romero, Son, Kane..

Then maybe there's a case for a bunch of players being worth having in the squad like;

Dier, Reguilon, Skipp, Lucas..

The only thing we have going in our favour is how shit United have been, and that Woolwich, West Ham and Leicester are equally unconvincing.
Seeing that list of shit players ids devastating. It’s spot on sadly.

Back
Top Bottom