Ilaix Moriba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah the salary figures are a bit scary and if true will cause problems in the dressing room with more experienced players on much less.

I think the agent's plan was for him to sit out entirely - no football at all at any team for a year - so he can go to Leipzig next season on a free.

That seems...not ideal for an 18 y.o.'s development.
An agency isn't particularly invested in Moriba's earnings 5 or 6 years down the road, but Moriba should be. If RB Leipzig were an option on the table this year, that's a better option than Tottenham given that they're in the Champions League (and playing PSG & Man City) but sitting around and not even getting B squad minutes would be a giant disaster for his development.

As much as many people were shitting on the Conference League, Tottenham's qualification is pretty critical to being able to offer guys like Moriba, Gil, Sess etc a pathway to some consistent playing time. It's a sweet spot of having an opportunity for development minutes (cups + whatever Europe) while not having to worry about a relegation battle like Woolwich.

Yeah the salary figures are a bit scary and if true will cause problems in the dressing room with more experienced players on much less.
I don't trust or believe those figures though. Paratici is experienced enough to know the impact on the dressing-room of bringing in a lad on higher wages than some first-teamers.

Mind you he did give Ramsay about 400K (allegedly) a week so maybe he isn't.

Fabio has taken over as head coach? :nunoshock::nunoeyes:

AI's running things now innit.

Face it, we're in a weird silent apocalyptic dystopian world, everything is weird and strange, we might just Win the Prem!

(But, yeah recipe for disaster, if Nuno isn't onboard he's first 11 ready and Fabio's away promising him the world to get him here)

No it's isn't.....

€8m = £130kpw.
€10m = £163kpw

(Ndombele = £200kpw)

Leipzig aren't paying that, Barca aren't paying that; thus we don't need to pay it either.

Differing Tax laws? Mean how do they play into differing demands, country to country. No idea, but suspect we have to pay higher as harder for accountants to smuggle a much out here as elsewhere?

I've watched some vids and tbh I don't see why we need him especially as we have just signed s similar type in Mate Sarr. There is nothing outstanding about Moriba, just a young kid that does a bit of everything. Seems like Paratici has a long held obsession after watching the lad for years and wants to get a deal done at all costs. Strange one this.

Good post mate thanks.

Because it's a "new" season maybe the number of games he's played last season doesn't carry over for this? (I've no clue if this is the case just throwing it out there as maybe a possibility).
There always used to be a similar rule here between junior and senior football. It could affect players who were usually in reserve teams. Where if they got taken with the 1st team in senior football for a certain number of games in a season they then weren't allowed to play junior football again that year. But the slate would be wiped clean at the end of each year.

I don't know if that ruling is still in force.

Ndombele signed for Spurs as his advisors/agent liked big fees, his wages etc. Within days/weeks of arriving at Spurs the fact Ndombele found he needed to train hard and watch his diet caused him to try to get out of his contract.

So the similarity is the agent/advisors poor advice to player on difference between French league and PL which Ndombele clearly didn't understand or want.
So the similarity is that they both like getting payed? This is meaningless. His agents DON'T want him to sign for us, they want him to wait a year without playing to go on a free to Leipzig (which is fucking insane).

So I went through that Athletic article, and the reason it gave for him staying one more year was this:

The issue seems to be that he's already on really high wages for a youth player, and he expects to be in the first team (and to have a new contract that reflects that). This would likely be an issue for Spurs as well, unless he's going to become a first team player right now.

I didn't see anything about a special deal with Leipzig that would get agents more money. He would have way more options to go anywhere if the market recovers and he's a free transfer though.

He is already a first team player for Barcelona. He started or played in the last 14 games last season. He isn’t “expecting” to be a first team player at Spurs. He will be a first team player.

Back
Top Bottom