Ilaix Moriba

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely not fuzzed about if we don't get him.
I don't know much about him, but I believe he is talented player.

But at that he is 18yo talented player who has not even completed as much as 8 full games in adult football, yet he demands very high salary.
What he will feel entitled to after first MoM award?!?! 300 k per week?

And other thing is that I feel his progress and talent has got to his head. Many players who are young and talented will let game and money go to their head and with him I really feel that happening.

Last time I had shitty feeling about a player purchase was when we signed Aurier. Who all in all has been dissappointment. Though once more - he has talent and ability. But no consistency, constant trouble and now seems to be aiming to run down his contract.

So yea lot of questions and risks. Despite reasonable transfer fee, he will not come cheap at all (high salaries and long contract + agent fees). And I don't think this would end well for us.

Once I saw the agent demands I knew that Levy would never go for it...I can see why Parartici gave it a punt...he probably never gave their demands a second thought, as it was probably par for the course at Juve...

And other thing is that I feel his progress and talent has got to his head. Many players who are young and talented will let game and money go to their head and with him I really feel that happening.

U5HD2Qy.png

Good to see we were targeting this kind of player.

Kid has a ton of red flags. Hope he can finally focus on his football now.

It's hard to believe a young boy making it at Barca wouldn't want to continue there. So if this is about his Dad/agents cashing in early on his promise, that's pretty sad.

I hope he isn't too crushed by this, and having 'paid his debt' to his family / sorted them out for life, can move on with his own football dreams.

Last edited:
Had an odd feeling about this one. Always makes you pause when those around the player hold that much sway. Even more so with the way they’ve seemed to gone about this.

According to Der Bild - which is as bad as The Sun - claims that Leipzig wants to sell Moriba... Maybe not getting him was a bullet dodged by Spurs...

RB Leipzig 'want to get rid of Ilaix Moriba', Bild report.
The Bundesliga side are unhappy with the midfielder's performances and would like to part ways with him after just 3 months.
Moriba has made just 6 appearances for the Red Bulls so far, recording no goal contributions.
The 18-year-old left Barcelona for €16m on the transfer deadline day.
In case of a resale, Barca will receive 10% of the transfer fee.

According to Der Bild - which is as bad as The Sun - claims that Leipzig wants to sell Moriba... Maybe not getting him was a bullet dodged by Spurs...

RB Leipzig 'want to get rid of Ilaix Moriba', Bild report.
The Bundesliga side are unhappy with the midfielder's performances and would like to part ways with him after just 3 months.
Moriba has made just 6 appearances for the Red Bulls so far, recording no goal contributions.
The 18-year-old left Barcelona for €16m on the transfer deadline day.
In case of a resale, Barca will receive 10% of the transfer fee.
Bullet dodged too much too soon.

So some people were losing their shit when we did not sign "I am too good not to be starting every game" Moriba...

Lad only got 100 minutes of playing time in RB Leipzig and is now already loaned out to Valencia until the end of the season...

Back
Top Bottom