In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We do not need to replace Kane with a world class striker. We already have one and are still terrible. We need to find an adequate striker who has potential and replace Kane by strengthening our many, many weak areas (creative midfield, defending, etc.)

Troy Deeney ?
Running Man Reaction GIF by moodman

The inevitable is now very much a reality following near criminal mismanagement by ENIC, Hitchen and co.

Below is a list of achievable transfers for a upper-midtable team of our stature now

- Andre Silva
- Vlahovic
- Watkins
- Belotti

Any other realistic options?
But who we gonna get to come and sit on the bench behind Ollie Watkins?

:harryhmm:

The inevitable is now very much a reality following near criminal mismanagement by ENIC, Hitchen and co.

Below is a list of achievable transfers for a upper-midtable team of our stature now

- Andre Silva
- Vlahovic
- Watkins
- Belotti

Any other realistic options?

ESPN has solved your problem.

:bergwijnconfused:

Ivan Toney for me. Bettering what Watkins did last year for Brentford, and a threat for us in the game we played v them in the semi of the League Cup.

When we are replacing Kane we absolutely have to. We cannot gamble on a flop from another team to replace the best striker in the world.

It's not like Jovic has just been disappointing, he has been a mega-flop. Totally crumbled under the expectations at Real and stepping into Kane's shoes will be just as tough.

arriving at Real Madrid and Spurs are two very different things. Im not saying Jovic is the answer but I’m sure he wouldn’t crumble under the pressure of playing for Spurs at the present moment.

I would rather we get some young talent in and start again , we already have the likes of Skipp and Sessengon, this squad has stagnated for to long now, I’m happy for a few seasons of mid table as long as we show we are building again for the future , get rid of the likes of winks , sissoko and Dier and Dele and give me 11 hungry players (queue Ndombele joke) who actually want to show some fight and put some effort in!

What we need is depth as far as strikers goes. If we had the following depth at the front, we would certainly be a feared force at home and away.

1.) Ings - 22Mn est
2.) Costa - Free Agent
3.) Son - Already Here
4.) Dele Alli - Deploy his as an advanced forward (The same way Woolwich changed Henry)
5) Kion Etete - Promote from youth.
6.) Dane Scarlett - Promote from youths.

Also worth considering:
Daniel Sturridge.
Ishan Pandita.

arriving at Real Madrid and Spurs are two very different things. Im not saying Jovic is the answer but I’m sure he wouldn’t crumble under the pressure of playing for Spurs at the present moment.
Jimmy Greaves would struggle to get into double figures with a midfield platform of Winks, Sissoko and PEH - shitcunts. If the kid can’t score goals at Real, he’s got no chance here

We do not need to replace Kane with a world class striker. We already have one and are still terrible. We need to find an adequate striker who has potential and replace Kane by strengthening our many, many weak areas (creative midfield, defending, etc.)
This. We won't be able to find a like for like replacement for Kane. It is smarter to just retool the entire team. New system, new setup. And a new attack that has the goals more evenly spread out among them.

Ivan Toney and Adam Armstrong are two Championship strikers to keep an eye on.

Toney has 31 goals for Brentford and Armstrong nettet 28 for Blackburn. Toney is 25 and Armstrong 24 so both have a lot of years ahead of them.

Realistically we cannot find a like for like replacement that does everything that Kane does. So it is probably smarter to instead of looking for one clear successor, try and put together a duo that can share the load. Or a trio even with a winger or am. Not ruling out that someone like Dele or Bergwijn steps it up under the new coach. Or that Son somehow stays.

EDIT: Armstrong also only has 1 year left on his deal. And is represented by the same agency that has Bale, Davies and Rodon on their books. We tend to have little issue doing business with them.

Back
Top Bottom