In Search of Kane's Replacement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are you living in the same world like me or in the fifa world?
Van Dijk and Dias solid???
Every player which you mentioned is world class not solid

No player on earth which has the class of them will join us šŸ˜‚
Also we don't spend such big fees
You are right, my apologies if my choice of word downplayed the quality of players. But Southampton was able to pick up Van Dijk before he was what he is now and Dias was not considered world class before this season. If Leicester can pick up all these talents for cheap as shown in recent years, so can we under a proper scouting system. We did spend big fees on Sanchez and Ndombele btw, we just have to spend the money on the right players (of course itā€™s easier said than done).

What?

We are gonna replace beat striker in the world with Championship player? Really?

Or even the likes of Adams, Bamford or Armstrong....

Belloti past his prime. I would rather take Vlahovic.

Watkins is good player, but we need vocal point, he's not the level of Spurs yet.

If Kane ia sold, I would buy Vlahovic/Daka/Ings and GREALISH. Put that 100M and Villa will accept.
At 27?

You are right, my apologies if my choice of word downplayed the quality of players. But Southampton was able to pick up Van Dijk before he was what he is now and Dias was not considered world class before this season. If Leicester can pick up all these talents for cheap as shown in recent years, so can we under a proper scouting system. We did spend big fees on Sanchez and Ndombele btw, we just have to spend the money on the right players (of course itā€™s easier said than done).
Ok so I agree with you šŸ‘

Bring in weghorst on a reasonable deal. Play him up top with Son.

spend all the other Kane money on the midfield, cb and a rb.
Weghorst loves Wolfsburg and next season he can play in the championsleague
So i guess no chance
And i don't know if he is the right type of player
Vini and Jannsen are similiar and they did not worked well

Time to bring proven PL players, can't take so much risks now or we can't finish even lower. Only risk we should take should be a striker, as It would be very hard to get one good from PL for a reasonable price. I would go for Vlahovic or Daka, maybe both, for the right price, as Daka can play in other positions upfront.

34 Premier League goals in just over 60 games over the last couple of seasons for an average Southampton side. He's not even much older than Kane.

Hardly mental... Unless you're expecting completely unrealistic signings.

It is impossible to say without knowing how much he will cost but if there is any English tax or valuation based on last year then he will not be close to worth what they are asking.

He is 28 with major knees issues in the past. He isn't one dimensional but does little else other than score.

I just don't see the fit unless we are bringing in a guy like Daka or Vlahovic and Ings is the back-up option in case they can't adjust. And even in that case I can't see how we can afford that with all the holes we have.

As a first choice option he has maybe 2 years left being at that level is likely a band aid trying to get us back to top 6. I can't see a viable line-up where he is the first choice striker and we are making top 4. He made a ton of sense when we had Kane, but to me makes no sense with him gone.

It is impossible to say without knowing how much he will cost but if there is any English tax or valuation based on last year then he will not be close to worth what they are asking.

He is 28 with major knees issues in the past. He isn't one dimensional but does little else other than score.

I just don't see the fit unless we are bringing in a guy like Daka or Vlahovic and Ings is the back-up option in case they can't adjust. And even in that case I can't see how we can afford that with all the holes we have.

As a first choice option he has maybe 2 years left being at that level is likely a band aid trying to get us back to top 6. I can't see a viable line-up where he is the first choice striker and we are making top 4. He made a ton of sense when we had Kane, but to me makes no sense with him gone.

He's had some niggles for Southampton but since leaving Liverpool he's played as much as Kane. I'm pretty sure he's soon out of contract too so unless he signs a new contract, he won't cost anything like as much as they would have otherwise asked for. Personally I'd take him all day long for the right price. He's a proven Premier League goalscorer at the end of the day, and has a great attitude. The likes of Edouard and Daka that have been mentioned are only proven yet in really poor leagues. (Scotland and Austria)

I'd also consider Chris Wood. Though he wouldn't be a long-term option. But these are the kind of players a Kane and Champions League-less Spurs are going to have to consider.

Back
Top Bottom