In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You've just made those numbers up. Be honest, you're winding yourself up and making things up to make your point.

All the money in the world doesn't make a manager walk away from a job he's happy in. That is Rogers and Julian N right now. They are out of bounds. Get over it.
Get over what? I'm not wound up in the slightest.

Mourinho is on £15m per year + the salaries of 5 backroom staff (an increase of two personnel) (x4 yr deal =£60m + ??£10m backroom?? = £70m. + £20m to get rid of Poch and his staff = £90m), so not "making it up" fella.

Multiple sources (including the ones that broke Poch being sacked before anyone else) all stated that we had at least two other choices ahead of Mourinho. All I'm saying is if you are going to drop nearly £100m in making a change, then just pay the Club the compensation of your first choice.

I have started a proper Jose Mourinho thread. I hope you all support it by expressing your greetings to our new gaffer. COYS

And I have inasmuch as it will be interesting.

I am not maligning Mourinho at all but recognising the human being and his natural path.

In Levy's 5 year plan from today I can assure you the manager"s initials are not JM.

Not a big deal unless this is a forum for babies.

No one is panicking.

Guarantee you it's touched on in the papers or the radio phone-ins.

Like many you probably never wanted talk of Pochettino leaving.

Honestly adult forum???
I know nobody is panicking, it was a joke. (Taking the piss?)

Levy 100% should already be planning for Mourinho's successor, it's his job, and I'm sure he's doing it.

My only point was, it's been less than 24 hours since Mourinho has been in. It's a bit premature for us to be discussing it. I'm not casting bin votes, don't read into my post more than what I wrote. I never wanted Poch to leave, but I never said people can't or shouldn't talk about it. Same here.

I know nobody is panicking, it was a joke. (Taking the piss?)

Levy 100% should already be planning for Mourinho's successor, it's his job, and I'm sure he's doing it.

My only point was, it's been less than 24 hours since Mourinho has been in. It's a bit premature for us to be discussing it. I'm not casting bin votes, don't read into my post more than what I wrote. I never wanted Poch to leave, but I never said people can't or shouldn't talk about it. Same here.

Apologies.

And I mean it.

This is an appointment Levy had hoped he would not have had to consider.

There will be and is much talk already about Pochettino having been let down, shafted or whatever. I think some of that is right, especially in that nonsense of no transfers the season before last.

In saying that Pochettino was then backed to a large degree this summer and we have been shambolic.

Hence the early call to Mourinho, first to steady and give us some discipline and pride (here comes the rollercoaster) and then to see what he can do as he approaches his 60th year.

Beyond that and remember the man Mourinho is he will move on. This is 2/3 years maximum.

So Levy's biggest job is actually identifying who comes next and what he has bought himself is time in which to do that.

From Pochettino it had to be a proven winner. The next appointment will cast a wider net.
Obviously Ole Gunner is the natural successor right?🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom