In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The truth is mate, the only people that think Levy is doing a good job at this point are our own supporters who are blinded by the stadium and infrastructure.

Everyone outside of the club thinks ENIC are good from a business perspective and making a profit but utterly turgid when it comes to the football side of things.

One league cup in 20 years is undeniable evidence of that as well.

Sure other top six club supporters moan about their owners as well but that moaning comes from a place of entitlement because they have all actually seen their teams win some sort of silverware in the last decade, the other top six clubs would not take ENIC as their owners based on the trophy haul we have had under them, we act like other clubs are envyous of us in the top six because of our infrastructure, guarantee supporters of other clubs would take trophies over stadiums .

We have a genuine reason to complain because we haven't seen success in 20+ years under the same ownership, this is why our complaints differ from the entitlement other clubs in the top six have.

This is why I keep saying, nothing is going to change under these owners, doesn't matter who comes in to manage us, unless the transfer policy dramatically changes and the focus is on the football and success on the pitch we will remain the way we are, failures.
18/19 Final of CL - Lost
18/19 Semi-finals EFL cup - Lost
17/18 Semi-finals FA Cup - Lost
16/17 Semi-finals FA Cup - Lost
14/15 Final of EFL Cup - Lost
12/13 Quarter-finals Europa - Lost
11/12 Semi-finals FA Cup - Lost
10/11 Quarter-finals CL - Lost
9/10 Semi-finals of FA Cup - Lost

Are all these 'near misses' due to ENIC or the manager at the time? I've said before that ENIC/Levy gave the managers the tools, they failed to use them correctly when it really mattered.

The truth is mate, the only people that think Levy is doing a good job at this point are our own supporters who are blinded by the stadium and infrastructure.

Everyone outside of the club thinks ENIC are good from a business perspective and making a profit but utterly turgid when it comes to the football side of things.

One league cup in 20 years is undeniable evidence of that as well.

Sure other top six club supporters moan about their owners as well but that moaning comes from a place of entitlement because they have all actually seen their teams win some sort of silverware in the last decade, the other top six clubs would not take ENIC as their owners based on the trophy haul we have had under them, we act like other clubs are envyous of us in the top six because of our infrastructure, guarantee supporters of other clubs would take trophies over stadiums .

We have a genuine reason to complain because we haven't seen success in 20+ years under the same ownership, this is why our complaints differ from the entitlement other clubs in the top six have.

This is why I keep saying, nothing is going to change under these owners, doesn't matter who comes in to manage us, unless the transfer policy dramatically changes and the focus is on the football and success on the pitch we will remain the way we are, failures.
I think Levy sees succeed as lots of money in the bank,best stadium in Europe,near capacity crowds, best training ground. Multi purpose venue, reasonably good team ( sometimes!) massive corporate facilities etc etc,

I think Levy sees succeed as lots of money in the bank,best stadium in Europe,near capacity crowds, best training ground. Multi purpose venue, reasonably good team ( sometimes!) massive corporate facilities etc etc,
Running a club on Premier level without constant injection of cash like City, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Do you want proof? Give me 48 hours
Its all there but i'm not a investigate journo. I won't turn my adblock off

Last edited:
18/19 Final of CL - Lost
18/19 Semi-finals EFL cup - Lost
17/18 Semi-finals FA Cup - Lost
16/17 Semi-finals FA Cup - Lost
14/15 Final of EFL Cup - Lost
12/13 Quarter-finals Europa - Lost
11/12 Semi-finals FA Cup - Lost
10/11 Quarter-finals CL - Lost
9/10 Semi-finals of FA Cup - Lost

Are all these 'near misses' due to ENIC or the manager at the time? I've said before that ENIC/Levy gave the managers the tools, they failed to use them correctly when it really mattered.
Not sure how old you are but I supported a club between 1961-1991 who tended to win the big matches. In 1991 from memory we were not the best team around. We relied heavily on Gazza who was injured a lot and seemed be patched up to play the cup matches. He got us to the final. Then got himself sent off and despite being down to 10 men and being a goal down we somehow managed to win. Now that was a different era but that is why I struggle to understand why we keep failing at the key finals. I cannot see how it is influenced by ENIC and it has to be to do with the players and Manager. Poch consistently gave out the wrong message regarding the domestic cups.

Not sure how old you are but I supported a club between 1961-1991 who tended to win the big matches. In 1991 from memory we were not the best team around. We relied heavily on Gazza who was injured a lot and seemed be patched up to play the cup matches. He got us to the final. Then got himself sent off and despite being down to 10 men and being a goal down we somehow managed to win. Now that was a different era but that is why I struggle to understand why we keep failing at the key finals. I cannot see how it is influenced by ENIC and it has to be to do with the players and Manager. Poch consistently gave out the wrong message regarding the domestic cups.
Born in '71, first game at WHL was late 70s.

Good post.

We aslso had Lineker

Reassuring to know that Eddie Howe is available now if we make a bad start to next season and need to press the panic button.

Back
Top Bottom