In search of Mourinho's successor.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We need a new chairman with a fresh vision for the club.

Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, Poch, Mourinho. Honestly the chairman hasn't got a fucking clue about football

If we get a DoF in I'd be more than willing to give Mou another year, the challenge is trying to find players this summer.
Agree. But I also think we’ll struggle to get a better manager right now. Jose has had a chance to learn a lot now about the squad. He has to push for signings and we have to start next season strongly, or he’s sadly another one gone.

First things first, lets get the DOF sorted and I would go balls in to get Rangnick.

Get him to implement an over arching progressive strategy/philosophy - bring in a proper recruitment team, new analytics dept - recruit a head coach that fits that strategy/philosophy/identity - recruit players that fit that strategy.

If the head coach doesn't work out, recruit another that fits the strategy. And Rangnick can also double up as head coach too when needed.

He's overseen the playing strategy at RB, overseen the recruitment and head coach recruitment (inc Hassenhutl, Nagelsmann). And he spent time in England studying and has said he's like to work here.
If it doesn't work out then the DOF will be gone also. see Comoli.

We need a new chairman with a fresh vision for the club.

Hoddle, Santini, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, AVB, Sherwood, Poch, Mourinho. Honestly the chairman hasn't got a fucking clue about football
The chairman doesn't need to know about football, he just needs to fund the team and employ staff that are capable of supporting a competent manager.

Oh, and not interfere with the squad or tolerate weaknesses and constant poor decisions.

If we get a DoF in I'd be more than willing to give Mou another year, the challenge is trying to find players this summer.
Thing is, the DOF we're talking about has had success, but in a totally different country with a different style and pace of play. Realistically we need an ex EPL director of football, versed in what's needed to succeed in the EPL

If we are to change the manager the one thing we have to do is keep Kane at all costs it will be a challenge judging by what’s left of this season and what’s on offer next but if we have to replace Mourinho we’ve a better chance of a decent replacement with Kane still with us.

Thing is, the DOF we're talking about has had success, but in a totally different country with a different style and pace of play. Realistically we need an ex EPL director of football, versed in what's needed to succeed in the EPL
I think DoF is more transferable between leagues than players and managers to be honest.

No chance it’s happening, not with the size of his wage vs his salary, and after just paying Poch off.

If we were to then we need to go all out to get someone like Narglesman, Ten Hag or Nuno Santos.

Back
Top Bottom