In the end it’s not a bad year!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We spent 3 months chasing managers who weren’t interested in us, or managers we as fans weren’t interested in.

We appointed the least Tottenham like manager possible. He somehow got us to top of the league whilst our best ever played wanted to leave, before losing every game 3-0.

Our best centre back was arrested on the pitch in Brazil, then injured for what seemed like forever.

Up steps Don Conte, Paratici cooking in January and some of the freeloaders shipped out.

I will never forget the Leicester and City away wins. They’ve proven what Conte can do with this club, and the reason we are back in the champions league.

This summer is massive, but I think it’ll deliver. COYS

(Gatsby match threads are available for 2022/23 if required)

Not ONE single solitary vote for us to finish 4th.... Out of TWENTY 'experts'???

GOOD! Makes it even more Fucking hilariously sweet!
To be fair, even I wouldn't have predicted us to finish 4th with Nuno.

thank god that other guy was sacked, Conte has done a good job Levy now needs to support him with transfers both in/out
but can't help but think 4th could/should have been easier the slip up against the 3 B's (Burnley, BHA, & Brentford)
hope maybe the slip ups will get the players on board with the need to be on it eavry game, not just the big matches

To be fair, I wouldn't have predicted us to finish 4th with Nuno.

We wouldn’t have finished fourth with Nuno. The team was beginning to fall apart, our chance creation and shots was 18-20th in the league, we where looking at a 7-12th placed finish and only that because of Kane and Son.

We went from arguably the worst manager in the league Nuno to one of the top 3 managers in the world in Conte. The squad was probably 4-6th best in the league but Conte had to fix it all up tactically and mentally starting a 3rd of the way in while having more games to play than Woolwich. Incredible managerial performance.

We spent 3 months chasing managers who weren’t interested in us, or managers we as fans weren’t interested in.

We appointed the least Tottenham like manager possible. He somehow got us to top of the league whilst our best ever played wanted to leave, before losing every game 3-0.

Our best centre back was arrested on the pitch in Brazil, then injured for what seemed like forever.

Up steps Don Conte, Paratici cooking in January and some of the freeloaders shipped out.

I will never forget the Leicester and City away wins. They’ve proven what Conte can do with this club, and the reason we are back in the champions league.

This summer is massive, but I think it’ll deliver. COYS

(Gatsby match threads are available for 2022/23 if required)
Did you just call Kane our best ever player?

After 24/25 games!!!!
THAT'S why I hate using that phrase.... Hope to fuck we don't use it again next season

(I vaguely seem to remember it getting a brief airing in September after our3 games/9 points start, but quickly got banished!)

Btw... Is that Matt Lucas dressed up in a WHU top, Flat Cap and wig??
Honest question... Cos it looks like him, sounds like him, and he's the sort of cunt who would dress up in another clubs colours just to DO that to us!

I can't wait for next season to start!

So Excited Reaction GIF

My thoughts pretty much echo the majority of posts on this thread. Amazing achievement considering the difficult position the club was in last summer and the start of the season. Credit to the players for stepping up when a lot of us had written some of them off, credit to the board for keeping hold of Kane, appointing Conte, getting a lot of bad eggs out of the dressing room in January and signing two great players which is very unlike us in January. The biggest credit though has to go to Conte, he's been unbelievable. The work he has done in 7 months is nothing short of incredible and I really hope the club get behind him because he has the ability to be an unreal coach for us. I'm looking forward to next season, a great coach, some great players, strengthen over the summer with a few quality additions and some extra squad players but also the buzz of playing Champions League football under the lights at WHL. COYS!

Thank you.

Who you believe is Spur's best ever player is fine, that is your opinion.
In my OCD preparations before yesterday's game, I watched the 1973 League Cup Final which was against Norwich City and the last trophy winning Bill Nicholson team. I thought about the players in that team which would fit into Conte's 3-4-3 and I was unable to find first 11 places for either Chivers, Gilzean or Peters (although Chiv and Gilly would certainly be more than capable backups for Kane and Peters would be a useful impact player as either a false 9 or in the midfield).

Jennings would be a bit more consistent than Lloris, Kinnear and Knowles would solve our wing back problems, Mike England would add a bit of Romero to the left hand side of the back three and Perryman would add a bit more bite into our midfield (I'd also give him the captaincy in the absence of Lloris).

It's safe to say that our current forward line is not only one of the best in the Premier League but one of the best in the club's history.

If only we were able to raid our teams of yesteryear to improve our current playing squad. Daniel Levy would like that.

Not ONE single solitary vote for us to finish 4th.... Out of TWENTY 'experts'???

GOOD! Makes it even more Fucking hilariously sweet!
To be fair even I and I'm sure many other spurs fans wouldnt have thought the season would go the way it did. With no major upgrades in the summer and Kane looking on his way out, it was unlikely wed jump from 7th to 4th.

Back
Top Bottom