Is a league cup final worth it?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not worth it. We still have a lot to play for, and Jose is not the one to take us to the promised land. If we retain him, we are only headed for more pain.

Other 'big clubs' are investing a bit more than Levy does.

Some examples:
The £400m truth about Liverpool's Premier League title win and how Man City really compare

Pep Guardiola's transfer record at Man City with a net spend of £565m

Frank Lampard just got £200m this summer

The best managers are only able to compete if they get their desired players and budget.
Which desired players did our manager get this summer?
That's not even close to an overhaul.

Reguilon: £27.00m
Höjbjerg: £14.94m
Rodon, came from championship : £9.00m

As a result people expected him to win the Premier League, Europa League, EFL Cup and even the FA Cup, that happened just 2 months ago. Too high expectations will always hit a wall.

Who ever thinks that Jose will be sacked soon is delusional. He will get another transfer window to adjust the squad to his needs. It's a weird season with a spreading virus where clubs are trying to safe money (unless you have oil money).
The board will judge his performance on future results and sack him if it's necessary. Even tho some made it a running gag here, but there are still other 3 competitions to play. It's remarkable how ppl lost their head in this forum

God I hope you are wrong about Levy not firing Mourinho.

To be honest, I wouldn’t even give him the satisfaction of potentially winning a cup.
It’ll only be something for him to gloat about and use to try and paint his Spurs rain as a “success”.

God I hope you are wrong about Levy not firing Mourinho.
It demands more to fix the current problems. Finding another manager is not hard, but he needs to get some money to work with. Giving him peanuts and expecting trophies won't work out. We tried it with Pochettino already and now with Mourinho. Nothing will change.

To be honest, I wouldn’t even give him the satisfaction of potentially winning a cup.
It’ll only be something for him to gloat about and use to try and paint his Spurs rain as a “success”.
Exactly this! Actually disgusting to think about. He would probably find a way to lift the trophy himself.

Agreed. I want that cup. Sod spiting Mourinho. That's a waste of a wish. We've been served up gruel this past couple of months and a trophy or two will be exceptionally welcome and reinsert some belief. Right this moment we're looking flimsy and Narcissus is finally looking into the pond and seeing the reflection of an ageing arrogant tit who needs to start rubbing a lamp rather than himself. Win the league cup and the ripples will go some way to firing us up. Win the Europa and the psychological lift will be big.

I don't give a fuck about short-term Mourinho. I do give a shit about our club, our players, us. We need this.

Let's be honest, winning this year's league cup will be the least memorable in history. 4 games to win it. Jesus. Will take it as we've been starved of success but it's no open-top bus parade.

You seriously think we might win the FA Cup or the Europa League? How, given this slump?
Is it a slump or closer to our level now? It’s a little over a year ago since we’d accumulated 26 points from our previous 25 league games.

Agreed. I want that cup. Sod spiting Mourinho. That's a waste of a wish. We've been served up gruel this past couple of months and a trophy or two will be exceptionally welcome and reinsert some belief. Right this moment we're looking flimsy and Narcissus is finally looking into the pond and seeing the reflection of an ageing arrogant tit who needs to start rubbing a lamp rather than himself. Win the league cup and the ripples will go some way to firing us up. Win the Europa and the psychological lift will be big.

I don't give a fuck about short-term Mourinho. I do give a shit about our club, our players, us. We need this.
I agree it would be great but I only think about the cost.

Let's say we win it. End up 9th (for arguments sake) based on resting players for the almighty Cup Final.

Jose walks. "I always deliver". "I'm sad". "The club is in a better place"

I don't have too many years left so I'll take the fucking Spurs identity in glorious failure than this shit.

I'll take the league cup and him going at the end of the season. Regardless of where we finish in the league and what happens in the EL/FA Cup.

Because i can't face watching this man's style of football for another year.

I'll take the league cup and him going at the end of the season. Regardless of where we finish in the league and what happens in the EL/FA Cup.

Because i can't face watching this man's style of football for another year.

I probably agree with this, seen too many good players pass through this club without winning anything.

I need to see Kane, Son, Hugo, Toby, Lucas and hopefully Dele win something. Already gutted Jan left empty handed.

Tottenham Hotspur have won 3 of the last 12 league games
Manchester City have won 12 of the last 12 league games

Tottenham Hotspur have won 3 of the last 12 league games verses Manchester City

Tottenham Hotspur sacked manager Pochettino after a run of 3 wins in 12 league games

Are we really not gonna have a shot of beating MC if we don't retain Jose? I honestly can't see it making much of a difference...

Back
Top Bottom