Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Obviously in rea life you can say what you want.

How do you guys treat the office? We have a couple of Woolwich fans, so far Ive taken the humble route of saying I feel sorry for Woolwich fans.

Of course inside im loving every second of their stupid pantomine. Thanking the lord every day for Stan Kronke.

Am I allowed to let my true feelings be known? Or will it end in trouble. Im new, and the gooners have been there for a while.

Bide your time, settle in, pick your moment; then open the gates of hate.

Everyone carries portion of the blame but the main thing for me is the lack of a winning mentality and no transfer window can buy you that

Even Chiellini in his broken English said it once - our history is that of bottlers. A just-about team. Perennial losers.

Until we instill a culture of winning (which ironically comes from sustained success) - nothing will change. As domestic cups is the easiest place to start - but would Levy agree?

I can’t see why he wouldn’t, everything we win (if we could) reflects well on the club. Trouble is, if you have a manager who publicly says the cups don’t matter that much then it’s not going to rub off well on the players or fans. Look at Liverpool, it’s obvious klopp doesn’t rate cup competitions but he hasn’t said so in public as far as I’m aware. Now, Mourinho wouldn’t say that, he’s already said he wants to win every competition we are in. (I’m sure privately he prefers to win the league but he’s not going to come out and say that). That should be the mindset.

Anyway, it’s an annual embarrassment that we haven’t won the cup since 1991. 1991 FFS!

That's it in a nutshell. Until we win a trophy, we will be and deserve to be at the butt of every joke. We had a crop of players for a few years that were good enough to win multiple trophies but didn't win anything. Its hard to put that down to anything other than lack of character and bottle in those players and managerial shortcomings.

That’s exactly it mate, lack of bottle and a losers mentality this club have adopted. This is why it pisses me off when Spurs fans put down the league cup. What right does any Spurs fan have to put down any cup competition, considering we win so little. If we would of won a league cup, I’m pretty sure with the team we had, we would of gone onto bigger success as the club would of got the monkey off their back and acquired an actual trophy. I am fed up of it.

None....of course, like all the worshippers, beating Chelsea in three straight matches meant we didn’t have the squad to beat them in the cup second leg (despite beating them in the first leg).

And beating Utd 2-0 and 3-0 meant that we didn’t have the squad to beat them in the cup even though the cup loss was slap bang in the middle of our two wins over them.

Also knocking City, the PL champions out the CL over two legs meant we didnt have the squad to beat Liverpool in the final.
Everyone carries portion of the blame but the main thing for me is the lack of a winning mentality and no transfer window can buy you that

Even Chiellini in his broken English said it once - our history is that of bottlers. A just-about team. Perennial losers.

Until we instill a culture of winning (which ironically comes from sustained success) - nothing will change. And domestic cups is the easiest place to start - but would Levy agree?

Last edited:
I can’t see why he wouldn’t, everything we win (if we could) reflects well on the club. Trouble is, if you have a manager who publicly says the cups don’t matter that much then it’s not going to rub off well on the players or fans. Look at Liverpool, it’s obvious klopp doesn’t rate cup competitions but he hasn’t said so in public as far as I’m aware. Now, Mourinho wouldn’t say that, he’s already said he wants to win every competition we are in. (I’m sure privately he prefers to win the league but he’s not going to come out and say that). That should be the mindset.

Anyway, it’s an annual embarrassment that we haven’t won the cup since 1991. 1991 FFS!
I think Poch was simply conveying the instructions from ENIC at the beginning of the season - focus on competitions that maximize our profits - CL and PL

However - we still had more than enough talent to win either domestic cup at least once - its unforgivable

Work out first how committed they are. I gave it to an Woolwich fan so much over Wenger Out that he stopped following football. Properly not a fan anymore, didnt even get interested again once Wenger was gone. So I can’t get a rise out of him. I destroyed him totally and in doing so I destroyed my own future fun. Should have gone in less hard.

Wigan won it a few years ago, the comp is not taken seriously anymore..only by Woolwich

And you are taking the piss out of them for that ? I’m happy to rip into Woolwich any day of the week, but ripping into them winning the Fa cup is ridiculous mate. They have completely torpedoed over our 8 time’s Fa cup record we once proudly held because they win the bloody thing so much in recent times. It’s sickening that despite being better than Woolwich, they always seem to have one over on us. We can say “well we finished above you “, they can come right back at us with “we won a trophy”, it’s sickening it really is.

What blame do you apportion to Poch for the semis and finals he lost?

Starting Son as some sort of a full back against the Chavs in 2017 FA Cup semi final, not recalling Hugo to start instead of Vorm in 2018 FA Cup semi final against Man U and selecting a crocked Harry in 2019 European Cup were three very poor selections, which went a long way towards losing all three of those games.

Last edited:
Wow what a shit day. I find it frankly amazing that these guys have won the FA Cup and it just goes to show how unlucky we’ve been. They’ve won it more time’s in the last 6 years then we have in 50, despite us having a better team during that period. Let that sink in. So who’s had a better season then? Easy, Woolwich. They win a cup and straight into the group stages of the Europa next season.

Get us a trophy Jose, it’s beyond ridiculous at this point.

Serious question. What season would you prefer ?

Spurs - we finished 6th - got Europa cup place but have to play and win in the long winded qualifying stages before we enter it proper

Woolwich - finished 8th, but won the Fa cup meaning they get a Europa cup spot proper and a trophy to their name

Give me Arsenals season any day of the week. Only person it benefits is Daniel Levy. 6th means jack shit now. Would much rather of finished 10th and won the FA cup

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom