Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I still can't get my head around how we lost
Although Poch playing Son at left back against a peak Eden Hazard probably didn't help...

Yep. That decision fucked it for us. Nobody understood it and it was the first moment where my doubts over Poch’s management in big games crept in. Utterly bizarre and probably lost us the game.

Yep. That decision fucked it for us. Nobody understood it and it was the first moment where my doubts over Poch’s management in big games crept in. Utterly bizarre and probably lost us the game.

I love Poch but the decision to drop Lucas for the CL final was his downfall and I reckon the team turned on him from there. Who knows, we probably would of lost anyway being the bottle jobs that we are, but who in their right mind drops the player that scored a hatrick to get you to the final. I just don’t understand Pochettino’s reasoning. Surely he could of played both Harry and Lucas.

I used to think it was bad form to laugh at gooner supporters whenever anything bad happened to them....... So always took the high road in the belief that they'd recognise this restraint and reciprocate..

But they are so socially unaware of the restraint showed to them that whenever we have a bad result they give it large, oblivious to the fact that they support a shite team who are even worse.

So sod them and give them both barrels..... Make hay while the sun shines I say!

Seeing this again hacks me off rotten. My patience with Levy is non existant. Another shit summer and i suspect only a few of the Stockholm syndrome boys will be left lauding him, shouting 'thankyou sir may i have another' as he boots them in the balls yet again.

We couldn’t see it out against a Norwich side at home that finished bottom of the table with 21 points. Going off on a tangent ranting about Levy is a sideshow.

The FA Cup and League Cup are not that hard to win anymore. Unless it’s our lot and you’re up against Norwich and Colchester. Everybody pretty much fields reserve teams up to the semi final. Woolwich have won the blasted thing 4 times in the last 6 years in an era where they’ve been a shambles. We had possibly our best collection of players in over half a century and we still couldn’t win a raffle.

Irrelevant. I'd be worried that we've gone backwards and that we have gaps all over the squad with Levy presiding over another last minute trolley dash of a window.
It’s not irrelevant at all.
It’s the reason we haven’t won anything. The squad was good enough between 2016-2018 but the manager wasn’t.
The squad was also good enough to get to a CL final but the manager didn’t have a clue.

Levy has made no secret of top 4 being the priority over the years. He dressed down Jol when he said we would struggle to do better than 5th, was the beginning if the end for him. Its getting boring talking about Poch. He was sacked.
1 trophy under ENIC in 19? Years I think. They have failed massively on that front. Doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Especially with the season only just finishing.
How many have Woolwich won in that time? Time to let some other owners have a crack at it. These lot clearly aren't up to it.

1 trophy under ENIC in 19? Years I think. They have failed massively on that front. Doesn't look like changing anytime soon. Especially with the season only just finishing.
How many have Woolwich won in that time? Time to let some other owners have a crack at it. These lot clearly aren't up to it.
I knew you'd pipe up. Please explain to me why the man that put the cones out for guardiola can win a cup but your god poch could not tactically win when it mattered? How much money was needed for poch to not play vorm or son left wing back
Jesus look at that team today and they won and you think poch needed another 500 million from Enic to win a trophy

I think Poch was simply conveying the instructions from ENIC at the beginning of the season - focus on competitions that maximize our profits - CL and PL

However - we still had more than enough talent to win either domestic cup at least once - its unforgivable

I agree, he might of, but don’t come out and say it publicly. That wasn’t clever as it just gives the press and fans something to throw at you when you don’t win anything and your rivals do.

But we had our most successful season ever by getting to the CL final, not signing any players was irrelevant as it was such a successful season
Who said it was our most successful season ever? We were a knackered, injury prone, ageing side that lucked out a lot in pretty much every champions league game bar Dortmund. Not signing any players almost cost us top 4 in 18/19 and not signing a right back and forward last summer did cost us top 4 in 19/20. We're still playing catch up now and thats why we need 5 players at least.

Back
Top Bottom