Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Now, Mourinho wouldn’t say that, he’s already said he wants to win every competition we are in. (I’m sure privately he prefers to win the league but he’s not going to come out and say that). That should be the
So why park the bus again relegation fodder ? our performance against Norwich was awful .Easy to talk about winning every competition we are in , but fact is we were knocked out of the fa cup by an awful Norwich side, all due to Mourinho's negative tactics . A mediocre mid table side have just won the fa cup , so the chance for a trophy was there .

Didn't we break our trf record in 17/18 too..... ?

....Add to him Serge, Lucas, Llorente, Foyth, Gazzaniga = 100m+

"Utter neglect".... Drama queen.

You were told we'd spend less whilst the stadium was being built..... No-one lied to you. Get over it.
Prices have risen dramatically since 2016 most clubs have broken their transfer record over the last few years. Just happened that was the summer we sold Walker for £50m. Oh and Its not difficult to find a quote from Levy saying the stadium build would not affect transfer budget.

Last edited:
Being self sufficient whilst bringing in 100m worth of players and funding a new stadium isn't "utter neglect"....

You're changing your argument and avoiding the question.

If there is no secret pot of money; then what money should we have been spending?

....Ought to be pretty visible in the company accounts yet not one person who shares your outlook is prepared to quantify their claims from our publicity available accounts. Can't imagine why, can you?
Look at other clubs accounts and you could say the same thing. I' m sticking with utter neglect thanks, we had 4 years of champions league football and bottled it. Why do Levy cultists always think this means spending £100m on a player? I'm talking having a football set up that can identify players and acting early and decisevely in the market. Levy made himself the highest earning CEO in the league, we need to see why.

Bottom of the prem NET spend over 5 years weren't we ? I guess that means we earnt less money than Bournemouth and Burnley.

Not any more, no we're not....

But still, where's that money not spent gone? ......Yachts or Stadium? :kanehand:

Anyway, you be envious of B'muff and Burnley if it suits your narrative.

I'm out.

How much were we spending circa 2016 > 2018 compared to before? We were pretty much consistent in our spending until the fabled 'year off. We then had a spend up the first season we got home.

....I'm sorry, i see little to be aggrieved over; but as I've always said - Show me cash being horded or taken out of the club and I'll join the riots
Don't change your argument now. You said no one ever said that the budget will be affected. Admit you were wrong please.

" “Daniel Levy said no. The fact that stadium costs had risen does not impact that number. Levy said that with a debt of £637m, subject to reasonable assumption on interest rates, the net spend on players would not be affected. There is a certain amount the club wants to invest in the team. If players are sold, that amount increases.” - 2019

Transfers safe despite rebuilding, Levy tells fans -2016

Be honest.
Levy says a lot of things I wouldn't believe most of it, this fella doesn't want to match the ambition of others simple as that.

Last edited:
Yeah just checked the match report Hazard was brought off the bench later on although he did score against us.

Yeh, Hazard, Costa & Fabrecunt off the bench....

2 world class goals in 5 mins....

That Matic goal left me utterly broken.....

Last edited:
Tell them in a sincere voice.

'you know, the thing is you're not really our rivals anymore we sort of outgrown you'

That shit use to drive me to shite.

I usually go with this.

"You know how you used to say we're not your rivals and you'd look at us like a price of dog shit on your shoe?"

*Cue gurning Gooner* "Yeah I do!"

"That's you to us now..."

The look of pain on their face is delicious.

Always ask them on a Tuesday or Wednesday when it's a European week who they are playing tonight.
The utter humiliation for them. The fact that it's not even out of the ordinary anymore makes it funnier.

This thread reflects the mentality of the club overall. We think we’ve made it when we haven’t and we celebrate before we’ve won anything. We should have completely overtaken Woolwich but keep stuttering and forgetting our lines. Now they’re still very close behind. It’s pathetic. We’re shit right now. And our trophy record in the PL era shows something too.

I was so proud when we won in 91 to take the record of most FACup wins but now it seems light years away before we can get near reclaiming that title. Think we should retire this thread now.

Back
Top Bottom