Is it wrong to enjoy or even revel in Arsenals humiliation?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s exactly it mate, lack of bottle and a losers mentality this club have adopted. This is why it pisses me off when Spurs fans put down the league cup. What right does any Spurs fan have to put down any cup competition, considering we win so little. If we would of won a league cup, I’m pretty sure with the team we had, we would of gone onto bigger success as the club would of got the monkey off their back and acquired an actual trophy. I am fed up of it.
Exactly this and also the disrespect of the Europa League like thats beneath us! Reaching the CL final by good luck and ignorance was not all it was cracked up to be in the long run it put us or some of us in a false sense of being something of greatness that we quite clearly ain’t. If Levy and the club had taken advantage and strengthened the squad in the aftermath then fine but no we/ they thought we’d arrived at the big time in truth we should have never been anywhere near that final. Man. City, United etc are all happy with participating and winning the league cup why the fuck are we not? We’ve nowt to be proud about in terms of what we think we are better than, next season the league cup I’d be delighted if we’d win it, F.A Cup fecking cock-a- hoop with that jaysus if the league organised a tiddlywinks competition I want that as well....

is there a tiddlywinks competition?

Last edited:
My uncle reminded me today that Woolwich went 17 seasons without winning a trophy between 1973-70. No need to panic, we'll only be up to 13 years by the time the trophies are up for handing out next, in 2021.

Exactly this and also the disrespect of the Europa League like thats beneath us! Reaching the CL final by good luck and ignorance was not all it was cracked up to be in the long run it put us or some of us in a false sense of being something of greatness that we quite clearly ain’t. If Levy and the club had taken advantage and strengthened the squad in the aftermath then fine but no we/ they thought we’d arrived at the big time in truth we should have never been anywhere near that final. Man. City, United etc are all happy with participating and winning the league cup why the fuck are we not? We’ve nowt to be proud about in terms of what we think we are better than, next season the league cup I’d be delighted if we’d win it, F.A Cup fecking cock-a- hoop with that jaysus if the league organised a tiddlywinks competition I want that as well....

We spent 160m on players in the year after the CL final in an attempt to improve (and entirley revamp our midfield!)... More than we've ever spent in a single year..... You're rambling, man.

We spent 160m on players in the year after the CL final in an attempt to improve (and entirley revamp our midfield!)... More than we've ever spent in a single year..... You're rambling, man.
Mm....in an ATTEMPT to improve..... :thumbup: worked a treat eh.

Mm....in an ATTEMPT to improve..... :thumbup: worked a treat eh.

Yeh, that's how things work generally..... No attempt = no outcome. You see a problem; you attempt to solve it.

Your post makes out we rested on our laurels having got to the CL final..... That's bollocks.

Last edited:
Thing is we had a chance to progress in the fa cup and we blew under this serial winner. Worth noting we struggled with two replies in the previous rounds. Only our own fault we could beat relegation fodder Norwich at home.

Thing is we had a chance to progress in the fa cup and we blew under this serial winner. Worth noting we struggled with two replies in the previous rounds. Only our own fault we could beat relegation fodder Norwich at home.
To be fair the serial winner had a squad left behind by a serial loser.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but...

I've only just found out that we could get kicked out of the Europa League if we can't arrange a neutral venue if a team we've drawn at home in the qualifying rounds is from a country where there are restrictions on travel to the UK.

We could also get kicked out if we draw a team at home and then travel restrictions to the UK are placed on that team's country AFTER the draw has been made!!

It's outlined here:

Just when I thought Woolwich had already had the last laugh...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

:mourfacepalm:

Last edited:
Yeh, that's how things work generally..... No attempt = no outcome. You see a problem; you attempt to solve it.

Your post makes out we rested on our laurels having got to the CL final..... That's bollocks.
Our net spend is like 400m lower than Woolwich and we have higher revenue and way higher profits

It really is unacceptable. Our wage bill is is only about 60 to 70 percent of Chelsea's and Arsenals as well.

Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere but...

I've only just found out that we could get kicked out of the Europa League if we can't arrange a neutral venue if a team we've drawn at home in the qualifying rounds is from a country where there are restrictions on travel to the UK.

We could also get kicked out if we draw a team at home and then travel restrictions to the UK are placed on that team's country AFTER the draw has been made!!

It's outlined here:

Just when I thought Woolwich had already had the last laugh...

FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!

:mourfacepalm:

So basically if a team isn’t allowed to fly to England and Spurs don’t arrange to play the game in a country they are allowed to fly to, we get kicked out?

Sounds legit

So basically if a team isn’t allowed to fly to England and Spurs don’t arrange to play the game in a country they are allowed to fly to, we get kicked out?

Sounds legit

That's right but if those restrictions are applied after the draw but before the match, we still get kicked out!

Real Madrid are playing in Manchester Friday and yet that city is in lockdown and Quarantine from Spain. As far as I am aware it is going ahead.

Manchester currently has additional restrictions but it isn't in lockdown.

Anyone returning to the UK from Spain has to self-isolate for 2 weeks when they return but I don't think the Spanish government has imposed restrictions on people returning to Spain from the UK.

Back
Top Bottom