Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Football is no longer just about what happens on the pitch. It stopped being that way a long time ago. Not everyone has to have an opinion of what goes on with ENIC but some people do. Granted they could stop being wankers and arguing like children about it but there's nothing to stop them from talking about what they want to talk about.

So ultimately, if you want to talk about football, talk about football. If you want to talk about the management of the club, then talk about the management of the club. If you want to pick dasies and play with your knob, guess what? You can do that too.
This place used to be fun but these days its full of boring cunts debating pointless shit. We're tottenham fans, not enic fans. Im yet to understand the merit in any argument that presumes the people in charge of the club, don't want us to win every game. Every single point of view that is anything close to suggesting Levy doesnt want us to win as many games as possible should result in that person being banned from the internet for a good few months to think about what they're doing with their lives.

Is there something seriously wrong at the club? Something must be going on behind the scenes. There is absolutely no way anybody from the board would be able to justify any of the shocking decisions made in the recent past.

Our lack of spending not just now but for a few years despite the game completely changing especially with respect to the money involved with the TV deals.
Our delay in getting our transfers done early thus leaving us unprepared for for the start of our season.
Our shocking decision in having a friendly tournament 3 days before the league kicked off.
Our decision to literally have nobody to call upon when chasing a game attacking wise.

How are the fans ok with this? This looks like a sabotage job trying to make sure we do not succeed. Add plans to somehow injure our main players long term and it would look like an Woolwich fan is making the decisions at Spurs. I understand that Spurs have gone private but Is there no way anybody can question some of these ridiculous decisions made by the club?

The worst part if what has happened to the fanbase! Most people are like, well it was United, so I am glad it was not a 3-0 including me. Where is the ambition among the fans?
I think you're onto something. Maybe this whole building a stadium is a big con as well and they are really going to use it for the Woolwich ladies

:pocheyes:

200.gif

Here is gif of Kate Upton to calm some of the posters who might take offense at my post. But again, I repeat, this is question irrespective of the result.

It is kind of hypnotic.

Yes it is. But we shouldn't restrict our ambition just because we have been doing well compared to the past. If constantly bad decisions are being made at what is clearly board level, someone has to raise a concern.
And you are certainly the first to make this point.
Post more gifs and less football mate.

OP, the board wants to make as much profit as possible. That's the first thing to bear in mind. The odd sheikh or oligarch might treat football like a vanity project, happily losing money on it if needs be, but most owners are treating it as a business. So stuff like cheap buys and games against big foreign clubs just before the season all make perfect sense.

As for the timing of your post, surely you can see why people will laugh at it for melting. We were unlucky today.

If David Dein wasn't responsible for Lasagne-gate, then Levy was... (for reasons best known to himself) everything since then has been a product of that conspiracy... don't say I didn't warn you... we haven't quite been the same since 2005/06 ...say it isn't so!
Today was back to the norm... Mendes' "goal" was where it all rally started to go wrong up there...

Last edited:
Does this not justify the points he`s making though. Had Levy not once again fucked us over and left his manager short we probably would have picked up 3 points. Do people really believe the twat has champions league aspirations. Really

Yep, I'm not disagreeing with the point. Just observing that he might as well come to terms with it.

This entire line of thinking is based solely on needing someone to blame.

What would you do if you found out that Pochettino told Levy that he didn't want to bring in a striker unless it was the correct player for his system? Levy said about two months back that most singings weren't going to even come in until the end of the summer, SO you knew this was going to happen and had plenty of time to prep for it. If the window closes and we don't bring anyone else in you'll have a very real reason to get angry. Otherwise, it's literally panning out the exact way that management announced that it would.

We are at a point that the only option other than ENIC is going to be a hell of a lot worse than what we have now, but I guess the grass is always greener...

Interesting point although I would be very surprised if Poch would accept no back up for Kane even if he didn't fit due to the potential for Kane to be injured. Although yeh we could have worse than ENIC.

We do sack too many managers and the one we have will surely follow the trend. The tactics are awful, no pace, no width and 2 holding midfielders home and away whatever the opposition. I have just watched Swanse play and they have pace all over the pitch, so much more enjoyable to watch. Today was how we have played since this idiot was employed and it isn't going to change unfortunately. Mark my words, rightly or wrongly, he will be gone by Christmas

Soldado played in our closed door friendlies, didn't he?

The announcement of his back being hurt came pretty late, but I imagine an injury played a part too.
Good point. I didn't realize Soldado played in those. Is it believed he got injured prior to the US trip? If so, that would do a lot to put my mind at ease as to what is going on this summer.

We do sack too many managers and the one we have will surely follow the trend. The tactics are awful, no pace, no width and 2 holding midfielders home and away whatever the opposition. I have just watched Swanse play and they have pace all over the pitch, so much more enjoyable to watch. Today was how we have played since this idiot was employed and it isn't going to change unfortunately. Mark my words, rightly or wrongly, he will be gone by Christmas
Seeing as you think Poch is an "idiot," I get the impression you think his shit canning by Christmas would be rightly.
:pochserious2:

Seeing as you think Poch is an "idiot," I get the impression you think his shit canning by Christmas would be rightly.
:pochserious2:
Unfortunately yes, certainly if things don't improve. Have we got better since he arrived, no we haven't. We will get the normal, it's not his players bullshit etc, but it's his tactics and they aren't good.

You say that we've won twice in 25 years. I took that to mean that a win at OT is an unlikely outcome, and our expectations are unreasonable. If you didn't mean that I apologise.

I pointed out that until today we had won 2 out of our last 3 fixtures there. I think that recent history is more relevant. Both our statements are true, but the inference is quite different.
You can never know can you? We had our goalie carried off up there once and won with Hoddle in goal. We went there with Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart in the team and lost.

I am not looking for an argument, but I don't think any specific result has much to do with Levy. When we won 3-2 Bale, Vertonghen and Dembele had blinders, I don't remember Daniel running about out there. At least be consistent though. If it is his fault when we lose why isn't it to his credit when we win?

You can never know can you? We had our goalie carried off up there once and won with Hoddle in goal. We went there with Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart in the team and lost.

I am not looking for an argument, but I don't think any specific result has much to do with Levy. When we won 3-2 Bale, Vertonghen and Dembele had blinders, I don't remember Daniel running about out there. At least be consistent though. If it is his fault when we lose why isn't it to his credit when we win?
I'm not looking for an argument either - I didn't know this was about Levy ha. I've obviously barged in to the middle of something - sorry. All I was trying to say was that we had an excellent chance of a win there today, but now you mention Levy, it was a bloody silly idea to play in the Audi thing.

If there ever was a time to take points from OT, it was today. That United team was bang fucking average, how anybody can be satisfied with today's result is beyond me.
"satisfied" ... what the fuck are you on about? The result is the result, whether I am "satisfied" or not. I am not satisfied ... there, did we win now? I am going to have a cry on the internet ... did we win now? Jesus Christ, are you simple?

"satisfied" ... what the fuck are you on about? The result is the result, whether I am "satisfied" or not. I am not satisfied ... there, did we win now? I am going to have a cry on the internet ... did we win now? Jesus Christ, are you simple?
You seem to be upset mate - why the angst? Is it because we lost, or is it another reason?

I'm not satisfied with the result, but we were by far the better team, aside from one Nabil Bentaleb back pass. United spent £89 million on their midfield. We had a centreback playing DM. And we shut them down. We didn't have a healthy Lamela, so were stuck with Dembele and Chadli not creating enough. But we were still the better team. The result was not fair to the performance of the team.

There is nothing to panic about on the pitch.

See this is what I mean " we had a centre back in midfield"..... Well who's fault is that then? Surely if levy and the Spurs board did all our bussiness early for once we wouldn't be in this position where Eric Dier has to be defensive mid. We would have the required players for poch to work on. They were there for the taking today United and we had no plan B as kane was not on his game. This is down to one person..... Daniel levy

Everyone agrees with the back Pochettino sentiment but none of us no what Pochettino wants. For all we know Levy could be offering him Berahino, Austin or Werner and Poch is saying "they're not great, lets wait a few weeks and see if anyone else becomes available."

Pochettino had 5 central midfielders in the squad today that would have done a better job in central midfield than Dier did but Poch picked Dier. None of us would have predicted that a month ago. Its easy to blame Levy but Levy supplied him with Mason, Dembele, Alli, Carroll and Eriksen but Pochettino uses Dier. How can Levy forsee that.

Back
Top Bottom