Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is there something seriously wrong at the club? Something must be going on behind the scenes. There is absolutely no way anybody from the board would be able to justify any of the shocking decisions made in the recent past.

Our lack of spending not just now but for a few years despite the game completely changing especially with respect to the money involved with the TV deals.
Our delay in getting our transfers done early thus leaving us unprepared for for the start of our season.
Our shocking decision in having a friendly tournament 3 days before the league kicked off.
Our decision to literally have nobody to call upon when chasing a game attacking wise.

How are the fans ok with this? This looks like a sabotage job trying to make sure we do not succeed. Add plans to somehow injure our main players long term and it would look like an Woolwich fan is making the decisions at Spurs. I understand that Spurs have gone private but Is there no way anybody can question some of these ridiculous decisions made by the club?

The worst part if what has happened to the fanbase! Most people are like, well it was United, so I am glad it was not a 3-0 including me. Where is the ambition among the fans?

Is there something seriously wrong at the club? Something must be going on behind the scenes. There is absolutely no way anybody from the board would be able to justify any of the shocking decisions made in the recent past.

Our lack of spending not just now but for a few years despite the game completely changing especially with respect to the money involved with the TV deals.
Our delay in getting our transfers done early thus leaving us unprepared for for the start of our season.
Our shocking decision in having a friendly tournament 3 days before the league kicked off.
Our decision to literally have nobody to call upon when chasing a game attacking wise.

How are the fans ok with this? This looks like a sabotage job trying to make sure we do not succeed. Add plans to somehow injure our main players long term and it would look like an Woolwich fan is making the decisions at Spurs. I understand that Spurs have gone private but Is there no way anybody can question some of these ridiculous decisions made by the club?

The worst part if what has happened to the fanbase! Most people are like, well it was United, so I am glad it was not a 3-0 including me. Where is the ambition among the fans?
I think you're onto something. Maybe this whole building a stadium is a big con as well and they are really going to use it for the Woolwich ladies

:pocheyes:

I kinda left myself open to that one didn't I? Some questions raised immediately after our first loss. While the timing may seem a little off, this is a genuine question that has been on my mind for a while and even if we had won the game against United, I would have raised this. This is irrespective of the result and I wanted to ask this last week.

Sure you can focus on one statement in the entire post which I solely use to emphasize how ridiculous some of the decisions made by the board look and not to create a conspiracy theory or you can grab this chance to call this a melt/kneejerk reaction thinking you have made some really funny quirky reply in an anonymous board on the internet and feel good about yourself at my expense for which you are welcome.

But I was genuinely wondering, where is the accountability at Spurs? The decisions seem very bad business wise again and again and is there anyway supporters can get some sort of reasoning behind these? If an organization board keeps making the wrong decisions again and again while clearly stating a goal and failing to achieve that because of said decisions, I am sure questions will be raised. Why isn't that the case at Spurs?

200.gif

Here is gif of Kate Upton to calm some of the posters who might take offense at my post. But again, I repeat, this is question irrespective of the result.

Yes it is. But we shouldn't restrict our ambition just because we have been doing well compared to the past. If constantly bad decisions are being made at what is clearly board level, someone has to raise a concern.
And you are certainly the first to make this point.
Post more gifs and less football mate.

We all know we have ace wankers in charge .
lts more we are so boring . Slow football ,
mostly crap players , cheap buys and so on .
l think many of us have gathered we have no
chance of silverware is just that we are so bland
and piss poor to watch.

OP, the board wants to make as much profit as possible. That's the first thing to bear in mind. The odd sheikh or oligarch might treat football like a vanity project, happily losing money on it if needs be, but most owners are treating it as a business. So stuff like cheap buys and games against big foreign clubs just before the season all make perfect sense.

As for the timing of your post, surely you can see why people will laugh at it for melting. We were unlucky today.

If David Dein wasn't responsible for Lasagne-gate, then Levy was... (for reasons best known to himself) everything since then has been a product of that conspiracy... don't say I didn't warn you... we haven't quite been the same since 2005/06 ...say it isn't so!
Today was back to the norm... Mendes' "goal" was where it all rally started to go wrong up there...

Last edited:
As for the timing of your post, surely you can see why people will laugh at it for melting. We were unlucky today.
Does this not justify the points he`s making though. Had Levy not once again fucked us over and left his manager short we probably would have picked up 3 points. Do people really believe the twat has champions league aspirations. Really

Does this not justify the points he`s making though. Had Levy not once again fucked us over and left his manager short we probably would have picked up 3 points. Do people really believe the twat has champions league aspirations. Really
We have won there 14 times in the entire history of the club, and twice in the past 25 years ... "probably" have picked up 3 points?

Back
Top Bottom