Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They were there for the taking and if I was a ManUre fan I'd be calling for David Moyes!

They were shit and we still couldn't score!

Still angry after watching that!

:wansum:

Does this not justify the points he`s making though. Had Levy not once again fucked us over and left his manager short we probably would have picked up 3 points. Do people really believe the twat has champions league aspirations. Really

Yep, I'm not disagreeing with the point. Just observing that he might as well come to terms with it.

While I find some of the theory of the original post a little batty, there should be no doubt that the management has been completely irresponsible and negligent this summer at the very least. To start the League season with one striker is unconscionable. We don't have a complete squad. I don't care if having another striker available today would have gotten us points or not (and don't kid yourself, having an attacking option on the bench may have made a difference in the final outcome). Not being prepared...not having the necessary tools at our disposal...is an absolute failure of management.

There is a lot I really love about the direction of our club--particularly the prioritization of youth development and the new stadium. I think Poch may be the right guy for the long haul, and how can you not love our core of young players? I am willing to give the club some serious slack in the present to build for the future.

But there are some skewed priorities at Spurs that I can't overlook. Marketing is not as important as preparation. "Winning" a transfer negotiation is not as important as getting the players we want. Footballing decisions need to be given more priority and business decisions less priority. We are so close, but I believe we still need a change in club culture to get where we want to be.

Football cycle. Managers have players they like that fit their system, it takes a while to assemble all the needed players to build a proper team. It should take us this window and the next to get most of what Poch requires then we can hopefully have stability for a while.

The reason in my view why we are always in transition is because we sack managers so frequently. The new manager find flaws with the players he inherits as they don't fit his style and we have two seasons of buying and selling, two seasons of distruption. This combined with Levy shall we say interesting way of conducting business means we never have a complete team and therefore never seem to be at 100%.

Has anyone noticed how we always get one thing sorted without the other. It looks like we finally have defence sorted but our attack is blunt, it wasn't long ago this was the reverse.

Far as I can see the only long term solution to prevent constant transition and gaps is to stick with and fully back one manager. In a year or two we should have a relatively complete team if Poch isn't fired in the meantime. Then with stability we can properly develop.

For me this is where the board and Levy have failed over many seasons, little stability meaning little real development. I have a good feeling about Poch, for Levy to win me over I simply want him to back Poch properly. Whether that means spending a bit extra to get Berahino or not sacking him, doing this would for me mean ENIC have learned from their past mistakes. And for those who don't think stability can be a god send think of Barca, Fergies United or even bloody Woolwich.

ENIC need to provide Tottenham with a proper stable platform, then we can see the real potential of this club. The stadium and youth system is a start but it needs to be across the board.

Football cycle. Managers have players they like that fit their system, it takes a while to assemble all the needed players to build a proper team. It should take us this window and the next to get most of what Poch requires then we can hopefully have stability for a while.

The reason in my view why we are always in transition is because we sack managers so frequently. The new manager find flaws with the players he inherits as they don't fit his style and we have two seasons of buying and selling, two seasons of distruption. This combined with Levy shall we say interesting way of conducting business means we never have a complete team and therefore never seem to be at 100%.

Has anyone noticed how we always get one thing sorted without the other. It looks like we finally have defence sorted but our attack is blunt, it wasn't long ago this was the reverse.

Far as I can see the only long term solution to prevent constant transition and gaps is to stick with and fully back one manager. In a year or two we should have a relatively complete team if Poch isn't fired in the meantime. Then with stability we can properly develop.

For me this is where the board and Levy have failed over many seasons, little stability meaning little real development. I have a good feeling about Poch, for Levy to win me over I simply want him to back Poch properly. Whether that means spending a bit extra to get Berahino or not sacking him, doing this would for me mean ENIC have learned from their past mistakes. And for those who don't think stability can be a god send think of Barca, Fergies United or even bloody Woolwich.

ENIC need to provide Tottenham with a proper stable platform, then we can see the real potential of this club. The stadium and youth system is a start but it needs to be across the board.
Spot. Fucking. On.

This entire line of thinking is based solely on needing someone to blame.

What would you do if you found out that Pochettino told Levy that he didn't want to bring in a striker unless it was the correct player for his system? Levy said about two months back that most singings weren't going to even come in until the end of the summer, SO you knew this was going to happen and had plenty of time to prep for it. If the window closes and we don't bring anyone else in you'll have a very real reason to get angry. Otherwise, it's literally panning out the exact way that management announced that it would.

We are at a point that the only option other than ENIC is going to be a hell of a lot worse than what we have now, but I guess the grass is always greener...

What would you do if you found out that Pochettino told Levy that he didn't want to bring in a striker unless it was the correct player for his system? Levy said about two months back that most singings weren't going to even come in until the end of the summer, SO you knew this was going to happen and had plenty of time to prep for it. If the window closes and we don't bring anyone else in you'll have a very real reason to get angry. Otherwise, it's literally panning out the exact way that management announced that it would.

We are at a point that the only option other than ENIC is going to be a hell of a lot worse than what we have now, but I guess the grass is always greener...
If your theory/ hypothetical is true, then Poch would have been irresponsible and negligent in not incorporating Soldado and/ or Adebayor into the squad over the summer so that we would have attacking options for the start of the season. Whoever made the decision to go into the season with one striker fucked up massively.

Interesting point although I would be very surprised if Poch would accept no back up for Kane even if he didn't fit due to the potential for Kane to be injured. Although yeh we could have worse than ENIC.

But I was genuinely wondering, where is the accountability at Spurs? The decisions seem very bad business wise

Ironically that "business wise" we are one of the best run clubs in the PL...or is financial stability not as interesting as a new striker? Maybe we need to define "business wise". Do we define good business as paying the asking price for a top striker to get the deal done, or is it defined as getting the right striker at a price the club can afford? Is it considered good business practice to get a 4th striker for our one striker system which will also then put us in a weaker negotiating position when selling the others, or is it better to ensure the departure of one of our high cost players first so we don't end up overspending in wages for the season?

...again and again and is there anyway supporters can get some sort of reasoning behind these? If an organization board keeps making the wrong decisions again and again while clearly stating a goal and failing to achieve that because of said decisions, I am sure questions will be raised. Why isn't that the case at Spurs?

Again, you say "the wrong decisions" but what is right and what is wrong is subjective depending on your view of the situation. From a strictly football perspective, maybe it is right to just splash the cash on the players we need, but from a business perspective, maybe it is better not be running on debt...especially if you were to want to secure financial assistance to say, build a new stadium.

Finally I'll ask you, do we really fail in our goal because of Levy's decisions or are there other external factors involved? As I remember it we actually managed to prove ourselves as the 4th best team in England under Levy a few seasons ago and had every chance of maintaining our place in the absence of Liverpool...well, until Sheikh Mansour poured a ridiculous amount of cash in to a mid-table side from the North-West essentially rigging the game in their favour and denying us our rightful place in the top 4.

If your theory/ hypothetical is true, then Poch would have been irresponsible and negligent in not incorporating Soldado and/ or Adebayor into the squad over the summer so that we would have attacking options for the start of the season. Whoever made the decision to go into the season with one striker fucked up massively.

Soldado played in our closed door friendlies, didn't he?

The announcement of his back being hurt came pretty late, but I imagine an injury played a part too.

We do sack too many managers and the one we have will surely follow the trend. The tactics are awful, no pace, no width and 2 holding midfielders home and away whatever the opposition. I have just watched Swanse play and they have pace all over the pitch, so much more enjoyable to watch. Today was how we have played since this idiot was employed and it isn't going to change unfortunately. Mark my words, rightly or wrongly, he will be gone by Christmas

Soldado played in our closed door friendlies, didn't he?

The announcement of his back being hurt came pretty late, but I imagine an injury played a part too.
Good point. I didn't realize Soldado played in those. Is it believed he got injured prior to the US trip? If so, that would do a lot to put my mind at ease as to what is going on this summer.

We do sack too many managers and the one we have will surely follow the trend. The tactics are awful, no pace, no width and 2 holding midfielders home and away whatever the opposition. I have just watched Swanse play and they have pace all over the pitch, so much more enjoyable to watch. Today was how we have played since this idiot was employed and it isn't going to change unfortunately. Mark my words, rightly or wrongly, he will be gone by Christmas
Seeing as you think Poch is an "idiot," I get the impression you think his shit canning by Christmas would be rightly.
:pochserious2:

Seeing as you think Poch is an "idiot," I get the impression you think his shit canning by Christmas would be rightly.
:pochserious2:
Unfortunately yes, certainly if things don't improve. Have we got better since he arrived, no we haven't. We will get the normal, it's not his players bullshit etc, but it's his tactics and they aren't good.

I hate this kind of stuff. Until the game ended today we'd won 2 out of our last 3 games at OT. Why say 25 years? Agenda driven horseshit.
What is the agenda I am supposed to be driving? I would like us to have bought a striker by now, I have said that plenty of times. If we had done it and had, for example, Berahino in the side then maybe we would have won today, maybe we wouldn't. We could have won today, we certainly weren't outplayed.

I just made the point that we have been to Old Trafford many times -- with very good teams, good teams and bad teams -- and hardly ever won. So how do you stand up the statement we would "probably" have got 3 points if not for Levy? Seems to me if any statement has an agenda behind it then it is that one.

What is the agenda I am supposed to be driving? I would like us to have bought a striker by now, I have said that plenty of times. If we had done it and had, for example, Berahino in the side then maybe we would have won today, maybe we wouldn't. We could have won today, we certainly weren't outplayed.

I just made the point that we have been to Old Trafford many times -- with very good teams, good teams and bad teams -- and hardly ever won. So how do you stand up the statement we would "probably" have got 3 points if not for Levy? Seems to me if any statement has an agenda behind it then it is that one.

You say that we've won twice in 25 years. I took that to mean that a win at OT is an unlikely outcome, and our expectations are unreasonable. If you didn't mean that I apologise.

I pointed out that until today we had won 2 out of our last 3 fixtures there. I think that recent history is more relevant. Both our statements are true, but the inference is quite different.

Back
Top Bottom