Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think that the current owners are holding the team back, but not the "club", which let's face it, belongs to them. I always thought that "club" meant the fans, we're the only constant after all. I also think that we have become an annoying irrelevance to the new definition of 'club/board'. I don't like this, or pretend to understand the certain type of fan for which this type of discussion is natural, and I have never gone in for that "our board is better than your board" nonsense that worryingly is so common these days. I've never trusted any of the owners of THFC - why should I? They're not in it for us.

You say that we've won twice in 25 years. I took that to mean that a win at OT is an unlikely outcome, and our expectations are unreasonable. If you didn't mean that I apologise.

I pointed out that until today we had won 2 out of our last 3 fixtures there. I think that recent history is more relevant. Both our statements are true, but the inference is quite different.
You can never know can you? We had our goalie carried off up there once and won with Hoddle in goal. We went there with Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart in the team and lost.

I am not looking for an argument, but I don't think any specific result has much to do with Levy. When we won 3-2 Bale, Vertonghen and Dembele had blinders, I don't remember Daniel running about out there. At least be consistent though. If it is his fault when we lose why isn't it to his credit when we win?

You can never know can you? We had our goalie carried off up there once and won with Hoddle in goal. We went there with Bale, Modric and Van der Vaart in the team and lost.

I am not looking for an argument, but I don't think any specific result has much to do with Levy. When we won 3-2 Bale, Vertonghen and Dembele had blinders, I don't remember Daniel running about out there. At least be consistent though. If it is his fault when we lose why isn't it to his credit when we win?
I'm not looking for an argument either - I didn't know this was about Levy ha. I've obviously barged in to the middle of something - sorry. All I was trying to say was that we had an excellent chance of a win there today, but now you mention Levy, it was a bloody silly idea to play in the Audi thing.

I'm not looking for an argument either - I didn't know this was about Levy ha. I've obviously barged in to the middle of something - sorry. All I was trying to say was that we had an excellent chance of a win there today, but now you mention Levy, it was a bloody silly idea to play in the Audi thing.
Probably. Bentaleb and Chadli both played a lot in Germany, and maybe it showed a bit today.

If there ever was a time to take points from OT, it was today. That United team was bang fucking average, how anybody can be satisfied with today's result is beyond me.

If there ever was a time to take points from OT, it was today. That United team was bang fucking average, how anybody can be satisfied with today's result is beyond me.
"satisfied" ... what the fuck are you on about? The result is the result, whether I am "satisfied" or not. I am not satisfied ... there, did we win now? I am going to have a cry on the internet ... did we win now? Jesus Christ, are you simple?

"satisfied" ... what the fuck are you on about? The result is the result, whether I am "satisfied" or not. I am not satisfied ... there, did we win now? I am going to have a cry on the internet ... did we win now? Jesus Christ, are you simple?
You seem to be upset mate - why the angst? Is it because we lost, or is it another reason?

I'm not satisfied with the result, but we were by far the better team, aside from one Nabil Bentaleb back pass. United spent £89 million on their midfield. We had a centreback playing DM. And we shut them down. We didn't have a healthy Lamela, so were stuck with Dembele and Chadli not creating enough. But we were still the better team. The result was not fair to the performance of the team.

There is nothing to panic about on the pitch.

I'm not satisfied with the result, but we were by far the better team, aside from one Nabil Bentaleb back pass. United spent £89 million on their midfield. We had a centreback playing DM. And we shut them down. We didn't have a healthy Lamela, so were stuck with Dembele and Chadli not creating enough. But we were still the better team. The result was not fair to the performance of the team.

There is nothing to panic about on the pitch.

See this is what I mean " we had a centre back in midfield"..... Well who's fault is that then? Surely if levy and the Spurs board did all our bussiness early for once we wouldn't be in this position where Eric Dier has to be defensive mid. We would have the required players for poch to work on. They were there for the taking today United and we had no plan B as kane was not on his game. This is down to one person..... Daniel levy

is the club /board okay? My answer is no.
But lets get behind them and let them no we slog our backsides of to pay their wages..1882 still about

Everyone agrees with the back Pochettino sentiment but none of us no what Pochettino wants. For all we know Levy could be offering him Berahino, Austin or Werner and Poch is saying "they're not great, lets wait a few weeks and see if anyone else becomes available."

Pochettino had 5 central midfielders in the squad today that would have done a better job in central midfield than Dier did but Poch picked Dier. None of us would have predicted that a month ago. Its easy to blame Levy but Levy supplied him with Mason, Dembele, Alli, Carroll and Eriksen but Pochettino uses Dier. How can Levy forsee that.

See this is what I mean " we had a centre back in midfield"..... Well who's fault is that then? Surely if levy and the Spurs board did all our bussiness early for once we wouldn't be in this position where Eric Dier has to be defensive mid. We would have the required players for poch to work on. They were there for the taking today United and we had no plan B as kane was not on his game. This is down to one person..... Daniel levy
Kane was on his game, he got no service. Until Lamela, Mason and Alli came on we were depending on Eriksen and Kane doing all the creative work while double marked.

You say Dier shouldn't be there, and that Utd were there for the taking.

Have you considered that the reason Utd looked "there for the taking" was because we were actually decent? Dier included.

I think Dier is a place-holder for someone else, and for all we know the negotiations are difficult and slow. If the Bender rumours are true then that would be the case.

It is easy to claim Levy needed to find someone faster, but this is real life, not Football Manager. People and other clubs need to be convinced. That takes time. This may be as fast as a deal can be done. Life is like that.

Levy supplied him with Mason, Dembele, Alli, Carroll and Eriksen but Pochettino uses Dier. How can Levy forsee that.
Total bollocks mate. Poch has been using Dier because he's not going to get a DM. Stop bringing Levy into a football conversation. You Levy cocksuckers make me puke.

Eriksen? - Carroll? WTF? It sounds like many of you would like the little money grabber to manage the team as well.

Last edited:
If you use your eyes instead of spouting some computer game DM, CM, AM shit you can see that picking Dier was totally logical the way Poch wants to play.

When we have the ball Jan goes left, Toby goes right and Dier drops between them. We have a back 3 and the full backs push right up to become attackers. When they have the ball Jan and Toby are narrow and Dier protects the space in front of them. The full backs get back into their defensive shape.

It has the square root of fuck all to do with Levy.

If you use your eyes instead of spouting some computer game DM, CM, AM shit you can see that picking Dier was totally logical the way Poch wants to play.

When we have the ball Jan goes left, Toby goes right and Dier drops between them. We have a back 3 and the full backs push right up to become attackers. When they have the ball Jan and Toby are narrow and Dier protects the space in front of them. The full backs get back into their defensive shape.

Agree - Alderweireld in particular played a fair bit of the match as right back.

Just when I gave up of ever reading any sense again, this post pops up..

I'm glad someone else can see what is happening on the pitch instead of only being able to say it's Levy's fault..
Yes Levy has made mistakes and yes he can be frustrating, we all know that but to bang on and on and on and on about it all day every day is ridiculous.

Dier did a decent job yesterday but instead of giving him a chance some just want to use it as fuel to slag off levy..

It's interesting that Levy has become such a divisive figure for spurs fans. Everyone has their right to an opinion, personally I'm not a fan of ENIC.

Back
Top Bottom