Is the club/board ok?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At present we're bringing in £35m a season in gate receipts. Once the stadium is built we'll have added around 25,000 more seats which will mean that, in theory we'll have an extra £20m-£25m coming in per season. So that's £55m-£60m straight off the bat from match day gate receipts.
Which will go towards paying for the stadium - you can't have it both ways.

They are going to pay some of it off with that cash, yes. But they'll be spending more on players/wages as well. If you believe what Levy is saying then he genuinely has an ambition for Spurs to be the top team in England, he wants top level European football and he's not thick enough to fail to realise that he needs to spend more for that to materialise.

We build a bigger stadium and we get more money. The stadium itself isn't going to turn us into a top four club. The money that the stadium brings in (amongst other things) is what's going to do that.

If you believe what Levy is saying then he genuinely has an ambition for Spurs to be the top team in England
I don't - this is where we differ. We have to tighten our belts now, and we will have to tighten our belts further when it is built because the extra revenue generated will be used to pay for it. Fair enough, but don't expect a financial epiphany anytime soon. There are £50 notes falling from the football skies at the moment, but for some reason we will never benefit from it. That moment when we are able to ramp up our intent with some serious cash spending will never come. We're putting all that money into Enic's pockets. Surely this is obvious by now? How many excuses are you prepared to swallow - tomorrow will never come with these Enic people - at least not for us.

Last edited:
Everyone agrees with the back Pochettino sentiment but none of us no what Pochettino wants. For all we know Levy could be offering him Berahino, Austin or Werner and Poch is saying "they're not great, lets wait a few weeks and see if anyone else becomes available."

Pochettino had 5 central midfielders in the squad today that would have done a better job in central midfield than Dier did but Poch picked Dier. None of us would have predicted that a month ago. Its easy to blame Levy but Levy supplied him with Mason, Dembele, Alli, Carroll and Eriksen but Pochettino uses Dier. How can Levy forsee that.

Poch made it clear that he wanted deals & the squad sorted early so we do have an idea of what he wants & Why would a chairman with a degree in economics & land economy be offering a football manager players ? He should listen to what the manager wants & try his hardest to get them. Targeting players should not be a chairman job in my opinion.

Pochettino isn't the Manager though. He's the head coach. It isn't his primary job to identify targets.
What I meant by Levy offering him a player was Levy coming back to Pochettino after finding out who has actually getable from Mitchell/Poch's list.
The last player Pochettino wanted and got was signing Osvaldo for Southampton from his old club Espanyol. A 15m disaster for a club that had been so good with transfers.

I don't - this is where we differ. We have to tighten our belts now, and we will have to tighten our belts further when it is built because the extra revenue generated will be used to pay for it. Fair enough, but don't expect a financial epiphany anytime soon. There are £50 notes falling from the football skies at the moment, but for some reason we will never benefit from it. That moment when we are able to ramp up our intent with some serious cash spending will never come. We're putting all that money into Enic's pockets. Surely this is obvious by now? How many excuses are you prepared to swallow - tomorrow will never come with these Enic people - at least not for us.

Putting money in Enic pockets? They have put in way more into the club than they have taken out in dividends in the last decade and a half. There have two dividend payments which in total amounted to £2-4m. Meanwhile ENIC contributed 11m to the January 2004 rights issue, another 15m in the 2009 share placement and a £40m interest free loan in 2014 which was converted into equity.
The only time they are ever gonna make money from the club is selling it on one day.

Last edited:
Putting money in Enic pockets? They have put in way more into the club than they have taken out in dividends in the last decade and a half.
The only time they are ever gonna make money from the club is selling it on one day.
And how much are they going to make from their £28m investment? £800m - £900m? I can't be arsed arguing with dimwits such as yourself. Go and pester someone else with your bullshit.

And how much are they going to make from their £28m investment? £800m - £900m? I can't be arsed arguing with dimwits such as yourself. Go and pester someone else with your bullshit.

So you have a problem with them leaving the club in the best possible state so they can get the best possible price when they sell the club on?
Leave it near bankrupt like Scholar? Mismanage it into midtable like Sugar? Take actual money out of the club like the Glaziers have at United and Hicks and Gillett did at Liverpool?
Or are you one of those that think we deserve a Sugar Daddy because other teams have one and "it's not fair".

To compete with the big boys we need to find a Russian or Saudi billionaire quick smart.
We mostly wasted the Bale financial windfall and need to look seriously at our scouting program.
Identifying genuine football talent should be our priority not wasting it on some Carlos kick a ball.

Pochettino isn't the Manager though. He's the head coach. It isn't his primary job to identify targets.
What I meant by Levy offering him a player was Levy coming back to Pochettino after finding out who has actually getable from Mitchell/Poch's list.
The last player Pochettino wanted and got was signing Osvaldo for Southampton from his old club Espanyol. A 15m disaster for a club that had been so good with transfers.
Coach / Manager primary job is to coach / manage the team isn't it?
I'll take your word for that as I've no idea who Poch chose at Southampton . I do hope you're wrong though as it would mean that we have hired yet another manager who can't spot a talent.

If I were a chairman & wanted to show faith in a manager / coach I'd do all I could to get his 1st choices otherwise u end up pissing off yet another manager / coach. Poch made it clear back in April he wanted dealings done early to prepare for next season. This didn't happen. I hope im wrong but it seems to be a very familiar path we are tredding down which seems to start with frustration at not being 100% ready for a season squad-wise & we know were it ends up.... Fingers pointed , sacking & then start again.

Putting money in Enic pockets? They have put in way more into the club than they have taken out in dividends in the last decade and a half. There have two dividend payments which in total amounted to £2-4m. Meanwhile ENIC contributed 11m to the January 2004 rights issue, another 15m in the 2009 share placement and a £40m interest free loan in 2014 which was converted into equity.

Put in £36m of their own cash to date isn't it?
No idea what they've taken out though.

Don't ENIC invest in about 8 other clubs across Europe?
Surely they would prioritise their investment into those clubs that perform on the pitch?
We need to insure that mid table mediocrity doesn't become part of game plan.
Also giving the manger a decent time to work towards achieving his goals would be good.

So you have a problem with them leaving the club in the best possible state so they can get the best possible price when they sell the club on?
Leave it near bankrupt like Scholar? Mismanage it into midtable like Sugar? Take actual money out of the club like the Glaziers have at United and Hicks and Gillett did at Liverpool?
Or are you one of those that think we deserve a Sugar Daddy because other teams have one and "it's not fair".
Oh fuck off mate - can't you see that they are taking "actual" money out of the club? And you are a proper cunt for suggesting that I want a sugar daddy. I'll be straight with you - you've popped up out of nowhere with your bullshit, enic, Levy cock sucking agenda, and you think you have the right to take the piss out of people that can see this? I despair that Spurs have "fans" like you - you defend the owners against the interests of the team, you have an infant's grasp of what it is to be a supporter, and you must wank yourself to sleep at night over pictures of Levy. Can you just fuck off you pathetic, annoying little FM creep? I support Tottenham, not Levy. Where the fuck do you creeps get off?

Don't ENIC invest in about 8 other clubs across Europe?
Surely they would prioritise their investment into those clubs that perform on the pitch?
We need to insure that mid table mediocrity doesn't become part of game plan.
Also giving the manger a decent time to work towards achieving his goals would be good.

They stopped "investing" in the others a while ago .... Almost destroyed a few of them , Slavia Prague & AEK Athensspring to mind

If anyone wishes to do a little research on enic, they'll see that most things they have " invested" in has gone tits up. Warner Bro Studio Stores , Church Street station. Ukbetting was sold at a profit to Bet365 I think. Had it for less than a year & sold it. The Autonomy thing never sat right with me either

Last edited:
Oh fuck off mate - can't you see that they are taking "actual" money out of the club? And you are a proper cunt for suggesting that I want a sugar daddy. I'll be straight with you - you've popped up out of nowhere with your bullshit, enic, Levy cock sucking agenda, and you think you have the right to take the piss out of people that can see this? I despair that Spurs have "fans" like you - you defend the owners against the interests of the team, you have an infant's grasp of what it is to be a supporter, and you must wank yourself to sleep at night over pictures of Levy. Can you just fuck off you pathetic, annoying little FM creep? I support Tottenham, not Levy. Where the fuck do you creeps get off?

love your passion Clash
The team should always come first end of story
Business men invest for profits not for love or passion of the club.

To compete with the big boys we need to find a Russian or Saudi billionaire quick smart.
We mostly wasted the Bale financial windfall and need to look seriously at our scouting program.
Identifying genuine football talent should be our priority not wasting it on some Carlos kick a ball.
No we don't. 6 points is all we needed last season - I can't believe you're suggesting that I'm saying that we need to spend £900 million - I've never said that. There's no middle ground with some of you lot. It's either Charlie Austin or selling the stinking club into penury. Ah sorry, I get you now.

Last edited:
so do we buy talent or do we develop talent?
I agree the big money investor is risky especially when they move onto their next project and take their funds with them. Didn't this happen to Leeds in the early 2000's ?
But can you see us competing with the top 4 and playing regular Champions league with our current crop of players?

I'd rather play in the Conference South than bandy words with idiots like you. You support the regime and not the team. Did you have posters of chairmen on your bedroom walls when you were a kid? Or are you still a kid doing GCSE maths? Either way I think that you are a fucking cunt for your "sugar daddy" comment.

Supported us long have you 'ModricTHFC' ?. Get to fuck you whiny little accountant.

Last edited:
It is getting increasing harder to post on Spurs forums these days. The melting, dear God.

What are we seeing now that we haven't seen in previous seasons?

We have a major stadium project folks. Sorry, but its seasons until it's in place, and probably several after, are holding seasons. The real stuff won't happen until we stand a true chance of competing. "Levy should do this, or that, blah, blah, blah".

Reality check folks. Personally, I'd rather suffer the same old for a few seasons and then stand a chance of real success then be having the same argument on, for instance, a West Ham forum, where there is no future at all.

Back
Top Bottom