Is the confidence back?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't help but think it is.. After the second half they played at The Bridge and today's match. They just look to be enjoying the game again instead of just feeling the pressure. (Well, enjoying it when Defoe decides to put a pass someones way.)

Is it safe to say that our mini slump is officially over just in time for the final stretch?

Let's not ***x it... *knock on wood* we can pray and hope it's over, but let's not get too carried away, we still need to up our finishing the the remainder of the season! :coys:

I just think it's a good sign that we knocked 3 in in that short period of time..

It seemed like after Nelsen scored that a burden was lifted and they just went out and played instead of over thinking every little detail of the game.

On another note, Jake Livermore is really impressing me in the midfield.

If we beat Swansea, then I think the confidence will be back.

Good goals scored today and goals are what we need!

I got a text after the game saying 'Happy days, thats the Spurs I remember'

If we could start taking a few more of our chances I'd be happier, but we dominated things again tonight and never looked like losing.

I mentioned after the Stoke game that two positive results in our next two games will do use the world of good.

We still have to become ruthless; without it we will struggle against sides like Swansea.

Is it coincidence that our form begins to improve when reverting to 4-5-1/4-3-3? No, is the short answer

durbanspur said:
to be fair though it could quite easily have been 7-1 had bogden not brought his A game.
best keeping i have seen all season in any competition.

and yet we STILL managed the win, THAT'S the key...
in many a previous game (Hull, Wolves, Wigan, Stoke all spring immediately to mind) their 'keeper had a blinder, and we weren't able to win the game.
Keepers ARE allowed to have good games, that's why they're there after all... difference is, the best teams don't strop and accept their 'fate' (like we have done on many a 'one of those days') they KEEP ON AND KEEP ON AND KEEEEEP ON until the goals come, which they did... eventually... 3 of them!

Persistence, patience and stubbornly not taking no for an answer has always been the key to beating keepers having a Worldy game.

We never really lost it, just the finishing. You can't deny it's been woeful, as have our set pieces.

If we can't find the scoring touch again then we will have problems.

Hopefully Saha will have a run of form now...

You never know with Spurs, laugh, cry, or face-palm in disbelief.

Back
Top Bottom