Is this the dumbest Spurs team ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some of the players are barely out of childhood though.

But I don't disagree with the premise of the thread. Disjointed, lacking intelligence and playing for themselves. We are also a poorly coached team, it's been going on since tail end of Poch I would say, late 2018/early '19, when our league form started to deteriorate rapidly.
Every manager says that this season has been difficult to do a lot of tactical coaching. The players are knackered apparently.

But even if they were poorly coached, there’s so many not playing as a team. And shit like tracking your runner, passing to your own player, etc that these fuckers learned when they were ten years old, they just aren’t doing.

Apart from Kane, Alderweireld, and Lloris this seems like a collection of downright morons. Even if you leave the question of technical ability aside the vast majority of our players seem incapable of making the most basic of decisions.

I'm not saying we need a team of geniuses, but our players really do seem a bit thick.

:dier::auriergrin::balesnarl:
Under Poch there seemed to be a unity and respect for the older smarter players. Now it seems more like a group of dumb cliques. I cringe at 'welsh mafia', aurier/ndombele/sissoko etc.

Under Poch there seemed to be a unity and respect for the older smarter players. Now it seems more like a group of dumb cliques. I cringe at 'welsh mafia', aurier/ndombele/sissoko etc.
Welsh Mafia ffs. 2 of whom don't play and one is half retired.

And don't get me started on the pathetic 'French Mafia'.

Such childish shit driven by the urge for Twitter likes.

We have very little footballing IQ.

Son, Lucas, Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Sissoko are probably the biggest dumb dumbs.

We lost Vertonghen, Dembele and Eriksen as an intelligent and influential spine and replaced it with dross.

I agree with above that it's all got a bit cosy in there and that's why I was happy for Jose to get another summer if it meant forcing Levy's hand and getting the likes of Dele, Winks etc. out the door.

You could see from the doc that the vast majority are over-pampered manchild losers who will never win anything.

Some fans have deluded themselves into thinking we have a good squad.

We will not progress until the following are all gone:
Dier
Sanchez
Sissoko
Aurier
Davies
Dele
Winks

It's essentially the shit old guard which were either subs under Poch or shined at the start and then faded towards the end (Dele and Dier).

We have been relying on these mugs for nigh on 3 years now when it's completely obvious they are not up to it. Get rid of them all and replace with promising technical players who actually have the hunger to progress and do something with their careers.
Have we been bought out?
Please, please say yes

You could see it in the documentary, Jan, Toby and Hugo just have so much intellegence and maturity and honestly seemed 10 years older than their peers, I don't think Harry that smart at all just happens to be incredibly self assured as he should be.

Its no surprise England fail at every major tournament
Harry's not an intelligent man, but he has an excellent brain for football. He's a savant of the game. Most of us are probably a fair bit smarter than him but he's a better decision maker on a football pitch than most of us could ever be.

Last edited:
Welsh Mafia ffs. 2 of whom don't play and one is half retired.

And don't get me started on the pathetic 'French Mafia'.

Such childish shit driven by the urge for Twitter likes.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who finds this utterly cringeworthy. It's the stuff schoolgirls do when they're struggling to establish and assert their individuality in artificial ways that embarrass them with hindsight in later life. If you must call your friendship group a mafia, keep it to yourself as an in-joke instead of using your access to the media to make it a big public deal.

Apart from Kane, Alderweireld, and Lloris this seems like a collection of downright morons. Even if you leave the question of technical ability aside the vast majority of our players seem incapable of making the most basic of decisions.

I'm not saying we need a team of geniuses, but our players really do seem a bit thick.

Ive seen kane, toby and lloris do a lot of dumb things too. So the answer is yes. Dumbest one is the new caretaker manager.

I sadly enough have to agree.
Very dumb:
Aurier
Lucas
Reguillon
Dier
Sissoko
Sanches
Above average dumb:
Son
Winks
Doherty
The jury is still out:
The rest

We currently have some of the thickest cunts on our payroll - absolute fucken mouth-breathers

Lets face it, no footballer is gonna win Mastermind... that's why they're footballers!

OCCASIONALY a player like Greame Le Saux is lorded for being 'intelligent' just cos they've read a book and can string a sentence together!
David James liked to come across as a deep 'thinker'... as did Tony Adams and RSol Campbell, but they just come across as pretentious deluded dicks!

Then again, our very own Tony Galvin had a degree in Russian... from a University and EVERYTHING!!

But on the whole, our lot are as thick as shit.... which is why they struggle to learn, which is why they make the same mistakes, and miss the same patterns of games playing out.

Most of them have been molly coddled since they were seven, initially by their parents, if they sense that they've got a potential gold mine on their hands. Then once a club signs him up, everything else takes a back seat. They don't learn to do anything for themselves and become dependent on other people, so don't develop any life skills. It was excused by saying that they had a footballing brain, but they're not even intelligent on the field.

Most of them have been molly coddled since they were seven, initially by their parents, if they sense that they've got a potential gold mine on their hands. Then once a club signs him up, everything else takes a back seat. They don't learn to do anything for themselves and become dependent on other people, so don't develop any life skills. It was excused by saying that they had a footballing brain, but they're not even intelligent on the field.
And they get paid a fortune for the privilege of being complete idiots just because they can kick a ball full of air and told they are brilliant whilst doing it.

In the meantime there are genuinely intelligent people in this world trying to make it a better place, trying to push forward human evolution with genius ideas who get a fraction of the pay and attention.

Kind of tells you a lot about humanity doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom