Is this the dumbest Spurs team ever?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But how would they fare on The Chase (and not the celebrity version!)?
maxresdefault.jpg

So many lists here about players that are dumb and players that need to be sold. Y'all left out Lamela! Shame on you for such an oversight.

It’s awful isn’t it ? What really grates me is that it’s been a piss poor league this year and the door kept being kept open and each and every time the players pissed their pants and failed to walk through it. And there seems to be zero real accountability for that abject failure.
And you can blame Jose all you like but we’ve been like that for well over 30 years !

For a while under Poch I thought we were going to lose that soft image as you could tell teams hated playing us!

But no we reverted back to default and we’re continuing

Levy has a huge decision to make now!

Most athletes are pretty dumb really because they have to dedicate their lives to it at the expense of studying, ours are unfortunately dumb in their decisions on the field as well.

Harry Kane isn't that intelligent but is brilliant, Frank Lampard has a high IQ but was a shit manager so there must be more to it.

I don't think our players are up to standard which is why a lot of them make mistakes, probably doesn't help they seem to have no clear game plan in the light of shit management.

The irony is that Dier and Aurier are possibly two of the more intelligent people in the playing squad (Dier speaks about 3 or 4 languages doesn't he?) Whilst Aurier wears glasses off the field, so by virtue of that fact alone means he MUST be bright!!

Yet both are consistently 2 of the stupidest footballers in our squad!!

Go figure???

Most athletes are pretty dumb really because they have to dedicate their lives to it at the expense of studying, ours are unfortunately dumb in their decisions on the field as well.

Harry Kane isn't that intelligent but is brilliant, Frank Lampard has a high IQ but was a shit manager so there must be more to it.

I don't think our players are up to standard which is why a lot of them make mistakes, probably doesn't help they seem to have no clear game plan in the light of shit management.
The fact that a clutch of decent GCSE passes and a high IQ (means virtually nothing) are cited as evidence of 'high intelligence' tells you something about how low the standards are.

its mainly the back line, its full of absolute idiots and it shows in every single game. gut that shocking back line out this summer and things will look a hell of a lot brighter next year.

aurier---dier--sanchez--davies

that has to be the thickest bunch of defenders you could field. its a struggle with 1 idiot in the side but 4 is just suicide.

I agree with Mrs P, footballers are a different breed.

Well, bred differently.

I remember seeing in a documentary someone saying they even have people to come and change their lightbulbs and then you realise, those lightbulbs are probably twenty foot high.

It's weird thinking about them in general now I'm older than them, bit like the police.

its mainly the back line, its full of absolute idiots and it shows in every single game. gut that shocking back line out this summer and things will look a hell of a lot brighter next year.

aurier---dier--sanchez--davies

that has to be the thickest bunch of defenders you could field. its a struggle with 1 idiot in the side but 4 is just suicide.
I think Davies is ok but he needs to play week in weekmout. That season rose got injured and wee Ben played 18 or 19 on the trot he got real good as part of a settled back 4 but hasn't happened for him since.

West Brom and Fulham have more of an identity than us.

I can't think of a positive thing we do well as a collective. We can't defend, can't pass, awful in possession, our counters aren't fluid as other eams. 90% of the time we are relying on a moment of brilliance by a player or two to get anything going, it's never made to look easy with Tottenham.

You mention Lloris and Toby, but I think Kane is our only player whose positives isn't masked by a some glaring deficiency(-ies).
All of the things you say are true they were also true when we were top and me and one or two other posters were pointing this out (to wide spread derision) ALL of the points you mark speak to a lack of or very poor coaching. Missing out on Tuchel and Naggelsmann is a big mistake we now must get the absolutely best coach available.

I'm just so fucking sad at this football team at the moment. Having had years of dross we finally feel like we are getting somewhere only for it all to fall down around us.
I'm usually quite positive and can see how things will improve but struggling to see where we go from here.
Can't wait for the end of this season (apart from the endless Kane rumours), getting the new manager in who we can hopefully get behind and getting fans in the stadium regularly.

Back
Top Bottom