Is this the start of a relegation battle?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Are win a relegation battle (at the start of November)

• Yes 100%. I’m shitting it. The players don’t want it.

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • No. Top 4 is definitely still achievable

Votes: 49 49.5%
  • Yes. Only if Poch stays. He’s the problem not the players.

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Not sure. But I’m still undecided about Brexit as well.

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When we are midtable with a half full ground and the likes of Son's buddies not helping to fill it because hes asked to leave because of the current shitshow, perhaps then Levy and ENIC will realise

1eli5s.jpg

Wasn’t the context about those 3 players he specifically mentioned that they were young and we couldn’t expect to see their best for 18months to 24 months?? Managing expectations.

I haven’t seen the actual interview.

But I watched yesterday’s game with a Chelsea fan. He still can’t believe they let Salah go but said he didn’t show anything for them.
There less than 18-24 months. And young.

So I get what Poch was saying in the context above about our signings. People say Salah is levels above Son and Kane but yet at 21-23 he was considered a poor by Chelsea and let go.

Fair enough, if that was his context.

But his selection runs counter to that. KWP for example, who he’s effectively binned after what, four starts? Skipp? Great in pre season, so watch Poch forget he exists.

He keeps on going on about ‘keeping the squad happy’ but only plays the same 12 to 13 players.

No, it's not the start of the relegation battle. However, if it keeps going like this, it is the start of us joining the likes of Everton and Newcastle, who reduce their expectations each and every year, and, in Newcastle's case, now are happy with just surviving. I don't think Poch is ALL the problem, but he's a major part of the problem so he's got to go. Levy needs to step up big time now, because we are starting the transition, and it's extremely important that he gets it right.

Fuck off Sammy, you're in your element here aren't you? You've been predicting doom and gloom for years now you are as happy as a pig in shit that you have found a bit.

This is one of your broken clock being right twice a day moments enjoy yourself.

Nope, wrong again.

Im not enjoying it. I want the manager sacked.
The people who dont want the manager sacked are enjoying it. Because they have got exactly what they want......Spurs playing football the Pochettino Way.

Congratulations, you were wrong.

Guckinh thrrad titel. You get the point.

Ok.

Too good to go down.

There I’ve said it. But are we?

Or this season will shit get real? Like really real.

What are we all saying??
You started this thread just because we lost to Liverpool yesterday? A game that we weren't really expected to win anyway. Many folks predicted a thrashing. Anyway we certainly aren't going to go down, yesterday showed we had enough quality to ensure that doesn't happen. Every game coming up in November is very winnable, we get a run together and in a months time you'll be laughing at this thread.

We will definitely getting relegated from top 4 and better of without EL.

Relegation from PL will be a suicidal job by little levy and big headed poch and will result both removed. Both are ruining the club.
One thing that won't happen is Levy being removed, who is he going to be removed by? Lewis? He doesn't give a shit, he's enjoying his 100 million boat in the Bahamas.

Nope, wrong again.

Im not enjoying it. I want the manager sacked.
The people who dont want the manager sacked are enjoying it. Because they have got exactly what they want......Spurs playing football the Pochettino Way.

Congratulations, you were wrong.
Why the disagree MVP MVP

Dont you think it’s fair to assume that anyone who doesn’t want Poch sacked is happier right now than anyone who does?

It makes no sense for me to be happy. I think the manager has become a liability. Knowing this is happening doesn’t make me happy about it.

If so then that means others are happy about it because it means they can slate levy.

Same wanky logic

Why the disagree MVP MVP

don’t you think it’s fair to assumed that anyone who doesn’t want Poch sacked is happier right now than anyone who does?

It makes no sense for me to be happy. I think the manager has become a liability. Knowing this is happening doesn’t make me happy about it.

If so then that means others are happy about it because it means they can slate levy.

Same wanky logic
No we lost yesterday, what is there for me to be happy about?
I can slate Levy at anytime I don't need a loss to do that. I haven't seen you give credit for Poch for one single thing, even if you're against him now, you don't seem to appreciate the work he's done here often you are just belittling it.

You started this thread just because we lost to Liverpool yesterday? A game that we weren't really expected to win anyway. Many folks predicted a thrashing. Anyway we certainly aren't going to go down, yesterday showed we had enough quality to ensure that doesn't happen. Every game coming up in November is very winnable, we get a run together and in a months time you'll be laughing at this thread.

No my friend. I started this thread as I keep seeing people say we are in a relegation battle on this site.

And I predicted 2-2 yesterday. So close.

Personally I see us 4 points from the bottom 3 and 5 points from top 4. With potential to be better rather than worse.

So I voted Top 4.

But I’m interested in others opinions. That is what forums are for.......

No we lost yesterday, what is there for me to be happy about?
I can slate Levy at anytime I don't need a loss to do that. I haven't seen you give credit for Poch for one single thing, even if you're against him now, you don't seem to appreciate the work he's done here often you are just belittling it.
From the first half yesterday

Tip your hat to the manager
I love this route one safety first no nonsense defending

Gonna be tough, but this is good stuff

Oh dear oh dear oh dear............Ouch, that must sting

:kaneear:

And from the game just a few days ago

Tonight I’m not even considering the opposition

We lost to Colchester and this is a CL team, so as far as I’m concerned, performance wise, it’s the best half of football since December 2018 and I’ll take that.

Funny how I havent see you or anyone else defend Poch for anything he´s done in the PL since December 2018 though.
Your entire view that he should stay is based on one CL final we lost, and our league form 3 year ago.

Last edited:
Two months ago it was knee jerk to you because is was only three games.......now you’re accusing people of reacting just because we lost to Liverpool.

And when we don’t go on your little fantasy run, and we pick up 2 points from the 15 available over November, you will say exactly the same thing again.

You’ve already said relegation would be acceptable to you and you’d back Poch. This was in fucking August. All your bases are covered then. Well done for stooping to rock bottom.

Fans like you are Levys wet dream, and that’s the irony of it.
Every week Levy doesn’t sack Poch, a massive portion of the blame goes on his back.

But for fans like you, you are supporting the chairman on this one. You are so confused right now.

Leave it out FFS..
We all know we are underperforming and life is shit at the moment but do we really need 30 different polls to prove it?

Relegation battle? Dear me, we are becoming Woolwich fans, the same Woolwich fans we rip the piss out of week in week out..

New knickers please...

From the first half yesterday

Oh dear oh dear oh dear............Ouch, that must sting

:kaneear:
Nope it doesn't at all, I still stand by what I said, one random quote from yesterday's Match day thread doesn't change anything for me.

Back
Top Bottom