Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Spurs consistently let us down every single season dude, why do you think most of us are pessimistic ? I went to the stadium for the CL final and had a fantastic day, but deep down in my head I knew Spurs would let us down. It only took a 4 min Sissoko handball. It’s just what Spurs do mate. Plus we need to be realistic, we are simply not good enough without Kane / Son and it bloody shows.

That's where I differ to others. I don't see 4 top 4 finishes I a row and a decade of qualifying for European competition as a let down. I'm realistic that we are the 6th biggest team and we've been punching.

As someone mentioned, our wage bill is in line with exactly where we are in the league at present. It depends on how you see it. A trophy or two are lacking yes but I still stand by my belief that with mega rich and frivolous spending teams around us that we haven't been let down on the whole across the last 4-5 years.

Liverpool have lost 2 game seats of PL football in the last 2 years, we were clearly the underdog and although it was heartbreaking to lose, we were going against what the form books will show as the best team in the world when we went up against them in Madrid. As a club we won't get anywhere positive dwelling, next Sunday is another day, another game and a win puts us a point behind them. We all know anything can happen in this game.

It’s not flippancy. So many of us have committed time, money and emotion (& will continue to do so I might add) over the years but even idiots learn and we’ve learnt not to trust our team to deliver

Mate, we are 1 home win away from being a point behind the bookies favours for that unique looking 5th place. We all know we have gutting injuries at the moment,mindont see why everyone is so downbeat. If it was purely form then fair enough but we got shit luck with injuries, we all really need to stop moping about it (not saying you were).

Cliff Jones type enthusiasm required by our supporters at the moment, the team needs a 12th man.

Mate, we are 1 home win away from being a point behind the bookies favours for that unique looking 5th place. We all know we have gutting injuries at the moment,mindont see why everyone is so downbeat. If it was purely form then fair enough but we got shit luck with injuries, we all really need to stop moping about it (not saying you were).

Cliff Jones type enthusiasm required by our supporters at the moment, the team needs a 12th man.

Fair enough mate. We may be at different ends of the optimism spectrum at the moment but I’ll give it the full Cliff Jones next Sunday..

That's where I differ to others. I don't see 4 top 4 finishes I a row and a decade of qualifying for European competition as a let down. I'm realistic that we are the 6th biggest team and we've been punching.

As someone mentioned, our wage bill is in line with exactly where we are in the league at present. It depends on how you see it. A trophy or two are lacking yes but I still stand by my belief that with mega rich and frivolous spending teams around us that we haven't been let down on the whole across the last 4-5 years.

Liverpool have lost 2 game seats of PL football in the last 2 years, we were clearly the underdog and although it was heartbreaking to lose, we were going against what the form books will show as the best team in the world when we went up against them in Madrid. As a club we won't get anywhere positive dwelling, next Sunday is another day, another game and a win puts us a point behind them. We all know anything can happen in this game.

Liverpool didn’t turn up mate, they were there for the taking trust me. As per Spursy style, we go and concede a penalty in the 1st 3 minutes, Tottenham Hotspur all over. In our lifetimes, we will most likely never see Spurs in a CL final ever again. Liverpool supporters will see their club in a CL final probably again soon. We well and truly fucked our one and only chance of that trophy.

Yes it's gone unless miracle. We nearly missed out last season, only by one point over woolwich.
The Club and DL didn't learn or take it seriously, they spent money but badly, £90m or so on Ndombs and Sess. GLC, Bergs and Gedson have been good signings. They released Llorente w/o replace, everyone knows Kane misses 3 months a season through injury.

The ramifications are massive, the club will go backward, competition is so fierce for the CL places from liverpool, mancity, manu, leicester, chelsea and woolwich and to add Wolves and SHU.
The PL has been so poor this season, not to get CL place is criminal.

Will we be able to recover from this poor and pathetic season?
Would the club/Levy give Jose £150m plus spending budget this summer? We need at least 4 players.

I blame Poch first for his actions in the media during the summer pre season but the main responsibility lies on DL. The damage was done when he neglected TWs for a whole season and these are the consequences. Naive narrow minded poor mentality.

Why are people saying we are done? Beat them at home next Sunday and we are a point behind the favourite for 5th place

Man U are still fairly shit. They’ve won 4 of their 14 away league games this season and have lost 6 on the road, including defeats West Ham, Newcastle, Bournemouth, Watford. Lost at Woolwich as well and the Bin Dippers. If we had anything about us, we’d turn them over too. I’d have fancied us for this three weeks ago after win at Villa. Still wouldn’t rule it out, but we’ll need to buck up a lot.

It’s where we came from and it’s where we will end up. Those that have been fretting, melting, worrying for some time about the direction of the club were doing so because we could all feel the unique opportunity slipping from our grasp. Collectively - ENIC/Levy; Pochettino; the players - put this club back on the map and within touching distance of a trophy/trophies and a dynasty (with the stadium etc). Any combination of those same individuals (plus now Jose) have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and put us back where we came from. It’s not an overreaction to state that.
Sadly, can’t help thinking you’re right, it’s how it’s always been. Been Spurs since about 1978, yes there’s always been fleeting moments of glory and magic but always ending in nearly and if only. I remember how long it went on,just wanting to break into the top six, to get a euro spot. Doesn’t make me love us any less, more if anything, would hate to be the likes of the chavs or city, buying our way to the top. One day though, the world will be ours, ,keep dreaming , keep hoping. C.O.Y.S!!!!!

Liverpool didn’t turn up mate, they were there for the taking trust me. As per Spursy style, we go and concede a penalty in the 1st 3 minutes, Tottenham Hotspur all over. In our lifetimes, we will most likely never see Spurs in a CL final ever again. Liverpool supporters will see their club in a CL final probably again soon. We well and truly fucked our one and only chance of that trophy.

Conceded the penalty within 30 seconds didn’t we ?

Carry on....

It’s not all doom and gloom we’ve the summer transfer thread of all the players we ain’t gonna buy and the new kit thread which everybody will post how much they the hate it....:roflmao:
So a summer of not buying players & new kits. Yay.

Even bloody worse mate and even more Spursy. I have tried forgetting that day so forgot the minute.
I am still haunted by being in that fucking stadium singing oh Mousa Sissoko at the exact point the penalty was given.....it won’t leave me until I’m either dead or have old timers.....

It's going to be a long jog until the summer. Mourinho may or may not be the right coach for us, Levy and Enic may or may not be the ones to take us forward, but what is clear right now (the Bergwijn injury looks like the final nail in this season's coffin) is that we have to accept our current situation. I'm not enjoying our performances, but I have come to terms with the fact that we can't expect much of an improvement until the summer.

The European Cup will hardly be finished this season. Mediterranean Europe is going to be in lockdown for a long time. FA should do the sensible thing and call off the season here too. Just let the Top 4 from the most recently completed league season into next seasons European Cup.

The European Cup will hardly be finished this season. Mediterranean Europe is going to be in lockdown for a long time. FA should do the sensible thing and call off the season here too. Just let the Top 4 from the most recently completed league season into next seasons European Cup.

I think there is a possibility where the Euros are postponed until summer 2021, and all the domestic leagues in Europe are postponed to then continue the rest of the season at a later date. So e.g the games resume from May onwards and then over the course of the early summer months (when hopefully the coronavirus is less prominent), maybe finishing in late June. or early July.

So is it back on? :mourlmao:
No, it's not on. It's guaranteed.

Season abandoned. This bullshit about let's delay till April, is just that, total bullshit. Yeah, like the Virus still on the way up. It's hitting it's peak in 12-14 weeks, so end May peak-virus.

No time at all to play the games over the Summer before next season starts.

Season abandoned. Everything null and void as if it never happened. So, we restart it next season. ReSTART.

Citeh Champions. Spurs 4th. Champions League, again.

Mourinho, it's official, fucking genius

Those days are gone Mrs P.. in the past yes it would be premature, we have overtaken them and will be above them again this year.
They went above us for ONE day last season and out came the st Totteringhams day bullshit..

Enjoy it and trust Uncle Billy..

I thought you sorted out that premature problem you were having?

What are the chances of the season being voided ? - given the next review will be 4th of april, i dont see the situation getting a lot better given how long it took a country like China to contain it

Back
Top Bottom