Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Whereas we haven’t won any of our last 10 league games against the so called Big 6. We’ve drawn 3 and lost 7. Can’t help feeling the outcome against the Chavs on 22 December will tell a lot as to where this season is going.
Lots of posters were discussing by how many goals we would beat United. A draw v Chelsea would suit me and let's start or continue beating up the other 12 teams in the division.

Lots of posters were discussing by how many goals we would beat United. A draw v Chelsea would suit me and let's start or continue beating up the other 12 teams in the division.

Trip to Molineux next week is a tricky fixture. I give Wolves a decent chance of a Top 4 finish.

6 points off 4th with 22 games to play after Chelsea lose to Everton and our win.

Perfectly possible to bridge that 6 point gap over the rest of the season. No guarantees of course, and the table is pretty tight from 5th place downwards so several other clubs will be looking at a similar scenario.

We probably want to win 70% or higher of the remaining games and hope some of the other clubs above and around us drop more points than we to to get 4th

I always think back to the late 90's (? maybe naughties), when we first made it into Europe via the league.

We were about 8 points behind Blackburn, with 5 games to go, overhauled them...

Think we will be in the battle, come March/April, if we are then our home advantage against the big guns should be very important.

Whereas we haven’t won any of our last 10 league games against the so called Big 6. We’ve drawn 3 and lost 7. Can’t help feeling the outcome against the Chavs on 22 December will tell a lot as to where this season is going.
We have also played City, pool , Leicester united and the gooners away from home this season, hopefully we can start making the new stadium a bit of a fortress and go on an unbeaten run there till the end of the season, yesterdays game reminded me of our last season at the old stadium, but then so did palace at home when poch was still in charge

I'm fairly confident

Yes were far from the finished article but look at Chelsea. They look great at times and poor at others.
Leicester whilst on a great run are being greatly overplayed. We should have beaten them. Let's see if they can keep it up.

What we need more than anything is jose to get some quality time on the training ground. Then we can start seeing the hallmarks of his work.

Yes I'd like a DM and maybe a defender or two in January but I'm also pretty confident that he can build on what we already have.

Can we just close this thread and come back to it after the January transfer thread ? Until it’s mathematically impossible then I think we have a chance, regardless we will be playing in the CL next season any way when we win it, still I guess it will be nice if we get 4th at the expense of the chavs

We’re up to 5th in the table. Win next week over Chavs will move us 4th ahead of them on goal difference. We were 14th and 12 points behind Chavs when Jose took over. Jose has stopped the rot and got some improvement. Bridging that gap largely down to an horrendous run of form from Chavs. Lost 4 of last 5, including home defeats to West Ham and Bournemouth and at Everton. Man U dropped two points at home to Everton today.

We’re far from world beaters at the moment but I’d be confident enough of a Top 4 finish.

Leicester dropping points.
Chelsea dropping points.
Wolves dropping points.
Man Utd dropping points.
Woolwich currently losing.

Up to 5th and 3 points off 4th.

Top 4 gone.

Back
Top Bottom