Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Be very interested to see how anybody else sees it panning out.

I just went to one of those week by week predictors punched in the results I thought for each week and got:

3. Chelsea 75
4. United 70
5. Leicester 63
6. Spurs 62
7. Wolves 61

Everton jumped up to 8th Woolwich in 9th with 53 tied with Burnley but ahead on GD.

I just went to one of those week by week predictors punched in the results I thought for each week and got:

3. Chelsea 75
4. United 70
5. Leicester 63
6. Spurs 62
7. Wolves 61

Everton jumped up to 8th Woolwich in 9th with 53 tied with Burnley but ahead on GD.

Chelsea now on 54 so you have them to win every game left, interesting. especially as they play Liverpool away on July 18th.

Chelsea now on 54 so you have them to win every game left, interesting. especially as they play Liverpool away on July 18th.

I guess I do that is the trouble with week by week its harder to keep track of things like that. I do think that Liverpool will dial it back a bit now and that even if they were going all out Chelsea could beat them.

I think I also likely didn't have near enough ties when filling it out.

I actually see this as more likely than Utd dropping enough points For us to catch them. Leicester really have looked shit since the restart.

Leicester have been shit since around Christmas. They’ve won 4 of their last 15 league games picking up 17 points from 45. We won’t overtake the Chavs or Man U but we could well Finish ahead of an imploding Leicester and I suspect we’ll finish ahead of Wolves too. I fancy Woolwich to take something off Wolves this weekend. Could be like last seasons Top 4 race to the bottom in the race for 5th this season.

Leicester have been shit since around Christmas. They’ve won 4 of their last 15 league games picking up 17 points from 45. We won’t overtake the Chavs or Man U but we could well Finish ahead of an imploding Leicester and I suspect we’ll finish ahead of Wolves too. I fancy Woolwich to take something off Wolves this weekend. Could be like last seasons Top 4 race to the bottom in the race for 5th this season.

Sincerely hope you are right, especially about Leicester but I just cannot see Wolves faltering now.

Gone after last night. We'd have to win pretty much every game. We might have caught one but no way will both Wolves and Unted falter and they also both look a lot better than us sadly.

It was gone when we couldn’t see out the last 10 minutes of a winning position against Man U. Even if their penalty was dodgy.

Top 4 is realistically gone and it was always a tall order considering our start to the season.

better to focus on getting a Europa League spot and if we by some form of luck manage to squeeze a CL spot then that's that. But EL qualification has to be the focus now.

Realism clouds any real optimism for me right now.

Top 4 is absolutely gone. 5th place I cant see us achieveing. With Utd now hitting an upward curve on performances and results, adding that Leicester are falling away from form, I think those two will have swapped positions in a couple of games time.

We are actually closer to 14th place than we are to 5th which is a little frightening. However, we are better equipped than those teams below us. I cant see us going backwards, yet I've no real conviction we will move forwards either.

Sheffield, Everton, Bournmeouth, Woolwich, Newcastle & Leicester to come.

All very winnable games...yet those last 3 are staring at me and I'am thinking there are more banana skins in there than nailed on 3 points.

Wolves toughest games are Woolwich and Chelsea. Don't see them dropping enough points. Man U has Chelsea and Leicester, but I think that win earlier this week puts them solidly top 4. Unless Leicester completely implodes I don't see us catching them. It will make for a fun game if we can pass them on the 16th though. They have Everton, Palace, Woolwich, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Spurs, and United left. That's a pretty tough road, but It think they probably pick up 10 points there and they have a 10 point lead. We really can't afford to have anything but wins from here on out.

Last edited:
Wolves toughest games are Woolwich and Chelsea. Don't see them dropping enough points. Man U has Chelsea and Leicester, but I think that win earlier this week puts them solidly top 4. Unless Leicester completely implodes I don't see us catching them. It will make for a fun game if we can pass them on the 16th though. They have Everton, Palace, Woolwich, Bournemouth, Sheffield, Spurs, and United left. That's a pretty tough road, but It think they probably pick up 10 points there and they have a 10 point lead. We really can't afford to have anything but wins from here on out.
Isn’t Chelsea-man u in the FA cup? I think Utd have a pretty clear run and will get close to maximum points in the league games remaining.

Back
Top Bottom