Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
It all comes down to that first third of the season under Poch. 14 points from 12 matches is just feeble

Sooooooo A feeble start.

Last 12 games 15 points and worse GD than under Poch first 12.

And Sheffield United just made us look League 1 level attacking wise.

What’s the verdict. Players shit or Poch and mourinho shit?

Something is clearly shit anyway.

Last season we had a goal allowed average of .74, and this year we're at 1.38.

Can't defend worth shit, can't create chances, we are one of the worst team I've seen this year in the final third, and I don't see any leaders stepping up. We can't outscore our opponents to compensate enough for awful defending lapses.

I really hate being so negative and usually don't get like this, but something broke inside today with that performance. Top 4 is a joke and honestly doubt top 6.

Sooooooo A feeble start.

Sheffield made us look League one in Poch’s last game too, our team is just not that good anymore. It doesn’t have the technical quality, aggression or energy in the centre that it used to have. Instead of prime Dembele, Eriksen and Dele we have Sissoko, a newbie Gio and the zombie Dele. It’s not enough to disturb opponents and we don’t have the defensive solidity to grind out games.

Basically everything is wrong and I fear we have bet our future on a player in Ndombele who is not cut out for the serious end of English football. We didn’t spend £65m on Dembele’s replacement thinking he’s only be a reserve player in a game against a promoted side. His non-season is a major reason why we have been unable to improve. The team needs his help.

Last edited:
Last season we had a goal allowed average of .74, and this year we're at 1.38.

Can't defend worth shit, can't create chances, we are one of the worst team I've seen this year in the final third, and I don't see any leaders stepping up. We can't outscore our opponents to compensate enough for awful defending lapses.

I really hate being so negative and usually don't get like this, but something broke inside today with that performance. Top 4 is a joke and honestly doubt top 6.
tbf, we were the same under Poch. Loads of possesion, little or no shots on goal.

Sheffield made us look League one in Poch’s last game too, our team is just not that good anymore. It doesn’t have the technical quality, aggression or energy in the centre that it used to have. Instead of prime Dembele, Eriksen and Dele we have Sissoko, a newbie Gio and the zombie Dele. It’s not enough to disturb opponents and we don’t have the defensive solidity to grind out games.

Basically everything is wrong and I fear we have bet our future on a player in Ndombele who is not cut out for the serious end of English football. We didn’t spend £65m on Dembele’s replacement thinking he’s only be a reserve player in a game against a promoted side. His non-season is a major reason why we have been unable to improve. The team needs his help.
He can’t help from the bench. He came on and looked miles better than our other midfielders on the ball. Even won the ball back a few times.

He needs minutes.

Sooooooo A feeble start.

Has to be the Players.....the only reasons I can give for that are these;
1-Any random game; (insert name here) is class, he makes (insert name here from a team winning things) look useless.
2-Very next game; (insert same name as above) is fucking a liability, god he is so crap, we should buy (insert name here) instead.
3- Repeat 1&2 again and again all season until the season ends....then watch the player have a good pre-season and think we should build our team around him.
4-First game of new season; Fuck in hell, why did we not sell this clown?
5-Second game of the new season; This guy is unbelievable, take that haters, he is far better than (insert name of player from other club who cost 70m)
6- Third, Fourth, Fifth games of new season; I can’t watch this guy any longer, need to spend in January...

Oh God we were awful. I can’t believe we could be sooooo bad. And then I remember that we have been like this all season. Lots of possession, no penetration. No imagination. Can’t defend. Sack them all. Starting with Mourinho. Who truly thought he was to be our saviour? He’s still playing a brand of football that was stale a decade ago. He fucked up United and now he’s doing the same to us. Sack him first!

United beating Bournemouth 5-2 with over half an hour left to go after going 1-0 down... as if we needed any more proof why tbh they deserve CL next season and we... well, y'know...

United beating Bournemouth 5-2 with over half an hour left to go after going 1-0 down... as if we needed any more proof why tbh they deserve CL next season and we... well, y'know...

Yes--watching their composure and confidence after going a goal down is disheartening. At this point, with Greenwood blossoming, Fernandes bedded in, and Pogba back in good graces, they are clearly a tier above us. Dammit.

Really frustrating and sad that United have truly passed us with ease now. They are miles better than us and that’s down a lot to the brilliant signing of Fernandes. Proper signing that, unlike our utter flop Ndombele. We are way behind Wolves, Leicester and United now. Very sad to see.

Had just been thinking my top 4/5 dreams now revolve around around Wolves pipping Chelski.
Now I just saw they are hosting Woolwich right now... 😬
C'mon Wolves!

Man U were going nowhere until they signed Bruno Fernandes in January. They were 3 or 4 points behind us in the league. He has single handedly transformed that team. We royally fucked up, not signing him last summer.

The double whammy of the Fernandes inspired transformation that will secure European Cup football for them next season, is that Harry could well be off to Old Trafford next season. He’d hardly have went there if they didn’t qualify and he’s hardly going to stay at what is now a mid table side with little prospect of challenging for the big prizes for a few years.

Man U were going nowhere until they signed Bruno Fernandes in January. They were 3 or 4 points behind us in the league. He has single handedly transformed that team. We royally fucked up, not signing him last summer.

The double whammy of the Fernandes inspired transformation that will secure European Cup football for them next season, is that Harry could well be off to Old Trafford next season. He’d hardly have went there if they didn’t qualify and he’s hardly going to stay at what is now a mid table side with little prospect of challenging for the big prizes for a few years.

Not if their max offer for Sancho has any truth to it he won't.

Back
Top Bottom