Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
I'd like to miss the Europa entirely. But I get folk wanting to finish as high up as possible it's the actual point of sport after all
We have no idea if fans will be in stadiums in 2020-21, if not, then we lose basically all our matchday income. If we miss out on Europa League, then we have no money coming in from Europe.

A deep Europa run nets quite a bit of money and there's always the chance of CL qualification by winning.

It'd be suicidal to wish against Europa for next year.

We have no idea if fans will be in stadiums in 2020-21, if not, then we lose basically all our matchday income. If we miss out on Europa League, then we have no money coming in from Europe.

A deep Europa run nets quite a bit of money and there's always the chance of CL qualification by winning.

It'd be suicidal to wish against Europa for next year.
If I live to be a thousand I will never understand "fans" that:
a. Want us to lose or fail.
b. Don't want to watch us play as many times as possible.

If I live to be a thousand I will never understand "fans" that:
a. Want us to lose or fail.
b. Don't want to watch us play as many times as possible.

'' 'Told you so' is one hell of a druuuuuuug" - Click James.

Wow, 10th in the table. We have the opportunity to at least finish the season somewhat respectably considering the season we’ve had but this could really be embarrassing for a team of this quality. I wouldn’t snub my nose at the Europa League, in fact, I think we’re a long way off getting to the CL final again so I think I would prefer a chance at winning a european cup versus getting to the knock out stages of the CL. Need to stuff Bournemouth first because the game against Woolwich is huge

LEICESTERCHELSEAUNITEDWOLVESSPURS
15-Jul15-Jul15-Jul15-JulWed 15 July
SHEFF UNITED (H)NORWICH (H)PALACE (A)BURNLEY (A)NEWCASTLEA
18-Jul18-Jul18-Jul18-JulSat 18 July
SPURS (A)LIVERPOOL (A)WHU (H)PALACE (H)LEICESTERH
26-Jul26-Jul26-Jul26-JulSun 26 July
MAN UNITED (H)WOLVES (H)LEICESTER (A)CHELSEA (A)PALACEA

LEICESTERCHELSEAUNITEDWOLVESSPURS
15-Jul15-Jul15-Jul15-JulWed 15 July
SHEFF UNITED (H)NORWICH (H)PALACE (A)BURNLEY (A)NEWCASTLEA
18-Jul18-Jul18-Jul18-JulSat 18 July
SPURS (A)LIVERPOOL (A)WHU (H)PALACE (H)LEICESTERH
26-Jul26-Jul26-Jul26-JulSun 26 July
MAN UNITED (H)WOLVES (H)LEICESTER (A)CHELSEA (A)PALACEA
1% chance at best (to make 5th), but we can fucking try at least.

Also, Sheffield United play Leicester (A), Everton (H) and Soton (A).

OK, just for the sake of it.
If we win all our 3 games.
If Chelsea beat Wolves we finish above Wolves. GD may be an issue.
If Leicester lose their last 3 games or lose 2 and draw 1 we finish above Leicester.
If Sheff U draw one of their last 3 games.
= 5th.

If we'd have beaten Bournemouth it would be really interesting. We need almost every result to go our way now and have to win our last 3 games. Our away form being what it is it seems unlikely.
A point at Sheffield and a win at Bournemouth and things would be looking more healthy, especially if 5th place gets CL football next season.
As it is, EL is more likely but Spurs just need to win the last three games and see what happens.

Unlikely to happen, but here is the scenario we need to finish 5th:

1. We win all three games;
2. Sheffield and Leicester draw (or Sheffield win, but drop points elsewhere);
3. Leicester lose against United on the last day; and
4. Wolves drop three points and we make up the goal difference.

Unlikely to happen, but here is the scenario we need to finish 5th:

1. We win all three games;
2. Sheffield and Leicester draw (or Sheffield win, but drop points elsewhere);
3. Leicester lose against United on the last day; and
4. Wolves drop three points and we make up the goal difference.
Did you rank them in order of which is least likely to happen?

City ban decision will be at 9:30 am tomorrow.
The verdict has accidentally been released....1 year ban upheld for next season due to Spurs no being able to benefit from it, 2 year suspension deferred until next season until it can be determined if Spurs will benefit from it, if they can then the 2 years suspension will be overturned, if it doesn’t benefit Spurs in any way the suspension will stand....🤗

The verdict has accidentally been released....1 year ban upheld for next season due to Spurs no being able to benefit from it, 2 year suspension deferred until next season until it can be determined if Spurs will benefit from it, if they can then the 2 years suspension will be overturned, if it doesn’t benefit Spurs in any way the suspension will stand....🤗

Sounds about right

Back
Top Bottom