Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
I guess the ideal result today is a Leicester win? At least from a points perspective.

Although if they do reverse their form it might give them some confidence heading into Sunday and we really, really need to win that one.

Ideal in the sense of what?

They need to lose to Leicester but in the process break at least 3 players so that they can't play against us. Please target Vardy, Tielemans and Maddison. Oh and Chilwell!

I can't see Sheffield United getting 9 points from their remaining 3 games - if they do, then fair play to them and they deserve European football.

But I'd much rather see Leicester fail to win tonight.

If M.U win today , is that us out of contention for the EL?
5th Europa League
League Cup winners - Europa League - so as it was Man City it will go back to league.
6th Europa League
FA Cup winners - Europa League - Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Woolwich still in FA Cup.
Anyone but Woolwich and the Europa league place goes to 7th.
As long as Woolwich don't win FA Cup, then Europa league place in 7th position up for grabs.
And it'll go to 8th if Wolves win the Europa League.

I can't see Sheffield United getting 9 points from their remaining 3 games - if they do, then fair play to them and they deserve European football.

But I'd much rather see Leicester fail to win tonight.
But if they put them out of contention , we could qualify
If M.U win today , is that us out of contention for the EL?
No because even 7th could qualify because of top 4 winning League Cup and FA Cup and they can't play in both, because that would be greedy !

Oh so they don't qualify as winners on top of 4 from England ?

Nope.

The only way 5 English teams can be in the Champions League is if the winners of the Europa League or Champions League finish outside of the top 4.

If Man Utd however finish 5th and win EL then yes, 6th, 7th and 8th will get Europa League football.

Back
Top Bottom