Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
7th is in our own hands!! Yay!!

PositionGamesGDPoints
4Leicester363162
5United362862
6Wolves361156
7Spurs361155
8Sheff U36354

Edited for the United result. Best we can do is 6th.

Last edited:
Competing for 6th place at best at this point; if we win two games we're on 61 points. ManU is almost sure to take more than a point from the next three games so fifth is gone completely.

Hope Woolwich lose FA Cup for more than one reason.

Its mathematically gone now anyway.

I was watching Palace v Man U. Third game out of 7 since the re-start that they benefited from a wrong decision on a penalty call. A stonewall penalty for Palace for a foul by Lindelof on Zaha just before half time, not given. They went straight down the field and Rashford opened the scoring. They've been awarded a record equalling 13 penalties in the Premier League this season. For a bit of context, runaway champions, the Bin Dippers got 5.

Its utterly corrupt. Water under the bridge now, but if they hadn't been awarded that late equalising penalty for the Pogba dive and we had held out, whole dynamic of the last few weeks could have been very different.

Its mathematically gone now anyway.

I was watching Palace v Man U. Third game out of 7 since the re-start that they benefited from a wrong decision on a penalty call. A stonewall penalty for Palace for a foul by Lindelof on Zaha just before half time, not given. They went straight down the field and Rashford opened the scoring. They've been awarded a record equalling 13 penalties in the Premier League this season. For a bit of context, runaway champions, the Bin Dippers got 5.

Its utterly corrupt. Water under the bridge now, but if they hadn't been awarded that late equalising penalty for the Pogba dive and we had held out, whole dynamic of the last few weeks could have been very different.
It's obvious they are fixing it so United end up in 4th place. Par for the course though.

If Utd get in the CL it is about 99.9% certain they will bid for Kane, and with the current situations and lost revenue I wouldn’t rule out Levy thinking...umm🤔
The thought of Harry in a Utd shirt is the stuff of nightmares. I couldn't, in all honesty,blame the lad for going but watching him playing against us would be a gut wrenching experience.

My predictions for how the 3-9 positions will play out over the rest of the season

Spurs 1-1 Leicester
Sheffield 1-1 Everton
Wolves 2-1 Palace
Villa 1-2 Woolwich
United 3-0 West Ham
Liverpool 2-1 Chelsea

Woolwich 2-1 Watford
Chelsea 2-0 Wolves
Palace 1-3 Spurs
Leicester 1-2 United
Southampton 0-1 Sheffield

Which leaves the ladder looking like

3. Man United (32 GD, 68 pts)
4. Chelsea (16 GD, 59 pts)
5. Leicester (30 GD, 63 pts)
6. Spurs (13 GD, 59 pts)
7. Woolwich (10 GD, 59 pts)
8. Wolves (10 GD, 59 pts)
9. Sheffield (4 GD, 58 pts)

But if they put them out of contention , we could qualify

No because even 7th could qualify because of top 4 winning League Cup and FA Cup and they can't play in both, because that would be greedy !
Are we going to beat Leicester? That's a game that worries me. Ratface Vardy will carve our defence up a treat unless we hold strong at the back. Sorry about Serge's bro, awful thing, but he would have been a liability in this game. Worried too about Ben's lack of pace. Ratface is still very quick. I'd like to see Tang at RB for this one but I don't know about his fitness. Perhaps Sissoko in the back line might work.

If Utd get in the CL it is about 99.9% certain they will bid for Kane, and with the current situations and lost revenue I wouldn’t rule out Levy thinking...umm🤔

I've been saying that all along. I obviously can't stand the Chavs and I don't like Leicester either, but we'd be best served by the two of them making Top 4. Neither of those two have every raided for our players and won't be doing to this summer either. Man U have plenty of form in that regard and every chance they'll be sniffing around for Harry if they have the carrot of European Cup football to dangle.

Why though?

They have Marcus Rashford, who is involved in a goal every 1.016 games. (33 goals in 3,019 minutes)
They have Anthony Martial who is involved in a goal every 1.157 games (30 goals in 3,125 minutes)
They have Mason Greenwood, who is involved in a goal every 1.141 games (23 goals in 2,363 minutes)

All younger than him, all provide something a bit different to him. Rashford with pace, Martial with trickery and Greenwood probably has a much higher ceiling.

They need new centre backs and more depth in midfield - up front is the LAST place they'll be looking to sign a player for, especially one that's going to cost them a club record fee, from a club with a chairman that would never sell them another player.

Why though?

They have Marcus Rashford, who is involved in a goal every 1.016 games. (33 goals in 3,019 minutes)
They have Anthony Martial who is involved in a goal every 1.157 games (30 goals in 3,125 minutes)
They have Mason Greenwood, who is involved in a goal every 1.141 games (23 goals in 2,363 minutes)

All younger than him, all provide something a bit different to him. Rashford with pace, Martial with trickery and Greenwood probably has a much higher ceiling.

They need new centre backs and more depth in midfield - up front is the LAST place they'll be looking to sign a player for, especially one that's going to cost them a club record fee, from a club with a chairman that would never sell them another player.
It’s called strengthening your squad with additional top class players.....now depending when you started supporting Spurs this might be a little confusing to be fair🤗🤗

It’s called strengthening your squad with additional top class players.....now depending when you started supporting Spurs this might be a little confusing to be fair🤗🤗

And what I am saying is why would they then go for Kane?

Why sign someone for an astronomical fee when you have 3 potentially world class forwards with other places in the team that need desperately strengthening?

There's strengthening your squad with top class players and being fucking moronic.

If they want to compete for honours, they need a better defence and depth in midfield. Not attackers, they already have 3 fucking good ones.

It'd be like Spurs going into this transfer window and blowing their budget on a world class striker, because why not?

Despite needing a new RB, LB, CB and DM first.

Back
Top Bottom