Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters

ArcspacE

ENIC OUT NOW !!! ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐ ⭐
9-point gap with 40% of the season gone and a shaky defence at best - I think we might be in for some serious trouble if me miss out

CL gone means Levy would also lose some leverage over whatever tight deal he's trying to secure for the Stadium Naming Rights

Thoughts?

I want tottenham to secure champions league i really do but honestly if we don't we just pick ourselves up and go again. We'll still be there.,The stadium will still there, a team will still be there. I honestly think its healthy that six or seven teams can achieve CL instead of the moribund top 4 we use to have.

9-point gap with 40% of the season gone and a shaky defence at best - I think we might be in for some serious trouble if me miss out

CL gone means Levy would also lose some leverage over whatever tight deal he's trying to secure for the Stadium Naming Rights

Thoughts?

A catalogue of poor decisions has led to this situation but clearly we are not alone.

The problem we have is that our player need comes when every big 6 club needs to buy players, all for differing reasons including Liverpool.

My thoughts are the Champions League distorts thing and did so last season to the extent that we saw Pochettino stay when he really should have been relieved of the role.

Time will tell but most likely Kane moves on. For 150 million I might be inclined to take it if we invest properly.

In terms of the points separating us from 4th place, it's not inconceivable to make the top 4. However, the way we're playing (and the subsequent issues we need to address) might not allow us to put on a run good enough to challenge for top 4. I am slightly less optimistic about it now.

23 games left and 9 points off

Played City away
Played goons away
Played liverpool away
Played united away

Have the <removed>s to play twice

calm down everyone and let’s see where we are in 6 weeks

Big month ahead, some decent fixtures ( at least on paper) and tricky away day at Wolves and home to chavs. Guess we will no more by turn of the year. If it's more than 9 points I think it will be over for us. Anything less and it's game on.

Yes. It’s gone. Our football isn’t good enough at the moment.

No real ramifications. The idea that you need CL to recruit is a canard - you just need to meet wage demands.

Also, if we get European football, let’s win the UEFA cup next season.

I want tottenham to secure champions league i really do but honestly if we don't we just pick ourselves up and go again. We'll still be there.,The stadium will still there, a team will still be there. I honestly think its healthy that six or seven teams can achieve CL instead of the moribund top 4 we use to have.
Christ i got a like from ArcspacE ArcspacE Christmas has truly landed.

Much love.

:dierpochhug:

23 games left and 9 points off

Played City away
Played goons away
Played liverpool away
Played united away

Have the <removed>s to play twice

calm down everyone and let’s see where we are in 6 weeks

Agree.

Lets revisit this in early January. We are only 4 games into Jose's appointment. 9 points is a decent gap, but not insurmountable.

We have enough time to make up for it. Mourinho hasn't had a whole week match free with the squad yet. Once they are suited to his style we will see improvement.

January could be huge for us as we can improve and push on.

As for the ramifications. I don't think there will be a sudden abandon ship of players. Kane, Son and Alli are players that should playing at the very top, but they are also playing under one of the the best managers of this generation. A summer of Mourinho pre-season and 2 windows could be huge, and we go again with a full year of Jose.

if we get it down to 6pts in Jan, then its up the Levy to do a deal, get us a powerful DM, hopefully then Ndembele & GLC can then show why we got them

I think the top four chance has gone.
We needed Jose to come in and transform the team ethos and results immediately to get us on a winning run, the manure game was exactly what we were seeing under Poch so it's not going to be a miracle turnaround I'm afraid.

Ain’t happening. Jose is gonna go all out for the fa cup and champions league .
Then next season he will go after both domestic trophies and europa.
Fine by me. It’s refreshing attitude.

Back
Top Bottom