Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Exactly! There are 23 games to go! 69 points up for grabs!
For us to get top 4, there has to be a rapid upturn in form and results. We have been very poor this season even in some of the games we won.
And we have to give Mourinho time to get it right.
Of course with so many games left we can get top 4, but I genuinely don’t think our fortunes will turn so quickly as to be able to sustain a challenge There are a number of clubs who are hitting consistently decent performances week in week out.
Then there are clubs like us, United and the gooners
Form all over the place
I hope we can squeeze into top 4, but I don’t think we will unless things change very quickly over the Xmas run.

No. We're nine points off Chelsea and we've got to play them twice. If we lose them both or maybe even lose one of them then yes it's (probably) over.

Or beat them home and away, beat City at home, beat Leicester at home..

Exactly! There are 23 games to go! 69 points up for grabs!

It's such a strange mentality.

Let's hope the players haven't given up as quick as the fans have.

Our fans would believe we could catch up Leicester and Chelsea when going for our first ever league title in colour yet give up when we have to make up 9 points for top four with 69 points to play for.

Let's put this thread on hold until after we play Chelsea on Dec 21.

Sat 7 DecBURNLEYH
Sat 14 DecWOLVESA
Sat 21 DecCHELSEAH

Saturday 7th December
PREMIER LEAGUE

Saturday 14th December
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Chelsea15:00AFC Bournemouth
Sunday 22nd December
PREMIER LEAGUE

• Tottenham Hotspur16:30Chelsea

I am certainly not giving up on the top 4 , actually I am excited to the idea of fighting for that, and we will.

I am only saying that, in addition to beat the chavs home and away, we need to do better than them or Leicester for the rest of the season, and it will be difficult.

I am certainly not giving up on the top 4 , actually I am excited to the idea of fighting for that, and we will.

I am only saying that, in addition to beat the chavs home and away, we need to do better than them or Leicester for the rest of the season, and it will be difficult.

Never easy mate but I thought Leicester were fortunate to get a win against a poor Everton side and were also fortunate to beat us

Someone like Vardy picks up an injury then we’ll see
Lightning won’t strike twice with those cunts and I’m waiting for the wheels to fall off the Nazis

Let's hope the players haven't given up as quick as the fans have.

I haven’t ‘given up’. I’m being realistic about the quality of football that we’ve been playing over the last ten months and our away record.

If we keep on maintaining we can make it, it creates unnecessary pressure and unrealistic demands on a new manager.

Not that this applies to you, but often those most vocal about being endlessly positive tend to be the quickest to demand a change of manager when it all falls down.

That said, if Lo Celso and Ndombele click and our midfield starts to purr then, of course, mathematically we can still make it. I’m not demanding or expecting it though.

S3nvD2M.png

One loss really does it, huh.

Some people on here are acting like we will need 80 points for top 4. If we hit 72 we will likely make it. Still way too many matches left to play.

That said, we really need Ndombele starting every league match at this point, and Lo Celso needs to be heavily featured as well. They are higher caliber footballers than some of the current regulars.

I think Levy is not to worried about naming rights presently. The fact he didn’t have them in place when we opened speaks volumes.

He has pushed ticket prices up to a point where the extra £20m or whatever a year is easily equalled in ticket sales now.

Our premium seats have never sold out, they cost so much.
Or if they have sold the people who bought them were money laundering as they never seem to use them at my eye level.

The NFL exposure of the stadium also helps the Tottenham brand massively.

Football wise think enough of the season is left to go on a run. Until it’s mathematically impossible I will say it can be done.

Harry starts scoring as he usually does in the New Year, we have some massive games at the Lane in 2020. Can’t wait.

And I don’t know why but I’m quietly confident this team has something in them. Might be to do with all the drugs in the 90s

I'll be disappointed, of course, if we don't qualify for the Champions League next season but won't be torn up about it, given how this season's gone. Bigger question for me is if that happens, which of our players will be itching to leave next summer.

I assume Levy's worked his sums out and it won't be a financial disaster. Then again, we spent not a penny even when we were in the UCL... :pochunimpressed:

You have to mix optimism with realism here and a top four finish seems highly unlikely, especially after the performance against Man Utd midweek. I do however think that a top six finish is feasible this season and possibly an FA Cup win if it's approached with serious intent as I think José will do regarding team selection.

I'll gladly settle for top six and hope for some personnel changes come January. I just want to see some movement during the window, even if it's only certain players being shown the exit door. At least that shows signs of intent. Then come the Summer we can begin to rebuild properly.

Back
Top Bottom