Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Doesn’t CAS appeal take atleast 6 months so they are likely to miss out at least next season?
It took more than that for the Albania - Serbia game, and, in that case, the smaller side got the decision, so here's hoping.

Doesn’t CAS appeal take atleast 6 months so they are likely to miss out at least next season?

If I remember correctly, all entrants to the UCL have to be finalized 1 week from the start of the competition. That gives Man City until 16 June (UCL starts on 23 June) to win an appeal for next season. I don't see that as a possibility.

I think we can forget about CL qualification next season but I don't think it's the end of the world. We needed something like this to shake things up and we'll come back stronger for the experience.

I say we get some fresh blood in the summer, play the stiffs in the Europa League and use the reduced fixture list to win the Premier League next season.

I think we can forget about CL qualification next season but I don't think it's the end of the world. We needed something like this to shake things up and we'll come back stronger for the experience.

I say we get some fresh blood in the summer, play the stiffs in the Europa League and use the reduced fixture list to win the Premier League next season.

Have you seen the news?? It’s game on.

We should still go for 3rd, or at minimum 4th. This decision should have nothing to do with our focus towards the PL, and I have full belief that José will tell this to the players as well.

If I remember correctly, all entrants to the UCL have to be finalized 1 week from the start of the competition. That gives Man City until 16 June (UCL starts on 23 June) to win an appeal for next season. I don't see that as a possibility.

I don´t pretend to know much about CAS proceedings - but if an appeal is pending - they might possibly get into next years competition and be suspended for the following two seasons if they loose the case ?

I don´t pretend to know much about CAS proceedings - but if an appeal is pending - they might possibly get into next years competition and be suspended for the following two seasons if they loose the case ?
No, if the appeal is pending, the current decision will stand. I'm very hopeful CAS won't overturn it though, since it's the UEFA and FFP reputation in line for this.

The best Man City can hope for is to get the ban reduced to 1 season.

So for sure this is a great opportunity for us to qualify for the CL next season. I don't care if we do it by finishing 5th, after this horror of a season we most certainly been thrown a huge lifeline. Just don't blow it now :mourpoint:

Football gods seem to like us, battle for top four looked like paraolympics which let us close the gap, and now apparently top 5 will do. We can't screw it up. 2,7B is massive amount, no way City is able to get cleared off all this, so maybe 1 season ban will stand, but hey, next season we are winning PL so why would we care then.

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom