Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
Redknapp's was qualify

Part of the fall out was he said he should get the bonus as it wasn't his fault Chelsea won the CL....when it was clearly his fault we didn't finish 3rd

Some agents will have been “wise” with this in mind and gone for a bonus clause referring to top four rather than CL qualification...might be cause for regret for some come the end of this season!

86610288_1470939929746901_2050120553330638848_n.jpg

I thought fourth had gone months ago but Chelsea haven’t gained the headway I expected. I can see them losing ground; it’s up to lads to want it enough and believe we can!

I’d absolutely (Keegan levels) love it, if we got above Leicester and finished 3rd. Not that it matters. Assuming Shity are done, it’s ours to lose now. Astonishing given where we were.

Leicester have City next but after that game have an easy run of fixtures.
We won't catch them but it's fun eating into their lead!

Anyone else a bit worried that Man City just wont bother any more and gift most teams 3 points? Who have they got left to play who we could do with them beating?
Edit - they still got Leicester , united and Chelsea to play, we could really do with them winning all these but with the league gone and CL not possible what motivation do they have ??

Anyone else a bit worried that Man City just wont bother any more and gift most teams 3 points? Who have they got left to play who we could do with them beating?
Edit - they still got Leicester , united and Chelsea to play, we could really do with them winning all these but with the league gone and CL not possible what motivation do they have ??
I think they won't look at it like that. They have more money than God that brings hubris they will believe that they can still overturn the decision on appeal. That alone will serve as motivation.

Last edited:
So we're actually 4th now yeah?

Considering City's ban.

PL surely likely to give them a significant points penalty for ffp violations. Minimum 10 points but maybe 20 points ?

Even a relegation ?

Either way Spurs could yet overtake them - we just need to get as many points as possible as their penalty wont be announced for several months

I think there's too much momentum behind City not being allowed to compete in the CL next season for it to be overturned, so I think we're effectively fourth.

Last edited:
Leicester have City next but after that game have an easy run of fixtures.
We won't catch them but it's fun eating into their lead!
Big ifs. Could see us beating them that’s then only 7 points...and I know a club who has lost bigger leads than that and ended up 4th.

Back
Top Bottom