Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
And what I am saying is why would they then go for Kane?

Why sign someone for an astronomical fee when you have 3 potentially world class forwards with other places in the team that need desperately strengthening?

There's strengthening your squad with top class players and being fucking moronic.

If they want to compete for honours, they need a better defence and depth in midfield. Not attackers, they already have 3 fucking good ones.

It'd be like Spurs going into this transfer window and blowing their budget on a world class striker, because why not?

Despite needing a new RB, LB, CB and DM first.
Utd would sign him simply because they could, they could market Kane all over the world in a way that would pay for himself....your thinking too much like the Spurs board here...

Utd would sign him simply because they could, they could market Kane all over the world in a way that would pay for himself....your thinking too much like the Spurs board here...

I reckon OGS thinks Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are better for him than Kane.

I am not worried about Kane leaving for Man Utd.

Or anyone in England for that matter. City, perhaps. But not this summer.

I reckon OGS thinks Rashford, Martial and Greenwood are better for him than Kane.

I am not worried about Kane leaving for Man Utd.

Or anyone in England for that matter. City, perhaps. But not this summer.
The only thing that saves us this summer is the window that I’m not sure anyone knows what way it will work to be honest...but I think Kane is already 50% checked out of Spurs and will be feeling around other clubs for sure...

The only thing that saves us this summer is the window that I’m not sure anyone knows what way it will work to be honest...but I think Kane is already 50% checked out of Spurs and will be feeling around other clubs for sure...

That tells me, and with his love for the club, that he's here next season.

And it'll likely be his last unless there's a change.

Are we going to beat Leicester? That's a game that worries me. Ratface Vardy will carve our defence up a treat unless we hold strong at the back. Sorry about Serge's bro, awful thing, but he would have been a liability in this game. Worried too about Ben's lack of pace. Ratface is still very quick. I'd like to see Tang at RB for this one but I don't know about his fitness. Perhaps Sissoko in the back line might work.
We'll beat Leicester but then probably lose to Palace !

That tells me, and with his love for the club, that he's here next season.

And it'll likely be his last unless there's a change.

I’m pretty sure Kane is 50/50 right now, yes he’s probably prepared to give it one more season, but my point was Levy, and by that I mean the current financial climate and well it’s Levy, a 150+ offer and all bets are off...

Courtesy of Gmspurs Gmspurs and Totti Totti
5th Europa League
League Cup winners - Europa League - so as it was Man City it will go back to league.
6th Europa League
FA Cup winners - Europa League - Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Woolwich still in FA Cup.
Anyone but Woolwich and the Europa league place goes to 7th.
As long as Woolwich don't win FA Cup, then Europa league place in 7th position up for grabs.

And it'll go to 8th if Wolves win the Europa League.

All the remaining EPL fixtures that potentially effect us:

SUNDAY 19TH JULY

Tottenham Hotspur16:00Leicester City

MONDAY 20TH JULY
  • Sheffield United18:00Everton
  • Wolverhampton Wanderers20:15Crystal Palace

TUESDAY 21ST JULY
  • Aston Villa20:15Arsenal

SUNDAY 26TH JULY
  • Arsenal16:00Watford
  • Burnley16:00Brighton & Hove Albion
  • Chelsea16:00Wolverhampton Wanderers
  • Crystal Palace16:00Tottenham Hotspur
  • Southampton16:00Sheffield United
Woolwich are 2-0 up on Manchester City in the FA Cup semi final. Maybe you’d better work that into your matrix because there’s nothing surer than those fuckers will win a 4th FA Cup in 6 years and take a European slot.

Pretty sobering thought that what was supposedly our first golden era since the 60’s yielded the grand total of 0 trophies and they’ve managed to win 3 FA Cups and maybe a 4th during that timeframe, when they were a shambles.

Woolwich are 2-0 up on Manchester City in the FA Cup semi final. Maybe you’d better work that into your matrix because there’s nothing surer than those fuckers will win a 4th FA Cup in 6 years and take a European slot.

Pretty sobering thought that what was supposedly our first golden era since the 60’s yielded the grand total of 0 trophies and they’ve managed to win 3 FA Cups and maybe a 4th during that timeframe, when they were a shambles.

United and Chelsea will have a lot more motivation to win the final if Woolwich is able to hold on against City (which is still a big if) and not a chance that Woolwich can beat a motivated United or Chelsea. They got lucky today playing a City team that put in zero effort and they still needed a lot of luck to get by in that game.

United and Chelsea will have a lot more motivation to win the final if Woolwich is able to hold on against City (which is still a big if) and not a chance that Woolwich can beat a motivated United or Chelsea. They got lucky today playing a City team that put in zero effort and they still needed a lot of luck to get by in that game.
If you do not believe that woolwich will not end up winning the FA Cup after being by far the weakest team in the semis and being well down the league you did not live through 1971, the luck they had that year was unbelievable and no way did they deserve to win the double. It scarred me for life. We will end up 7th and be denied the Europa place.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom