Is Top 4 Gone Now And What Would Be The Ramifications?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is Top 4 Gone?

• Total voters
I did not live through 1971 and I have zero concern that Woolwich will win the FA Cup this year.

Despite what the media will tell you they were awful today. They win because City didn’t care and luck. United/Chelsea will care and will easily beat them in the final.

I hope you are right but I expected MC to win today. Have not watched match and cannot understand why they did not care.

They have won how many trophies in the last 5 years and just easily beat this Woolwich team 3-0 a few weeks ago. They came out like it was going to be easy and dominated Woolwich, it was really bad luck and a lack of urgency that cost them today.

Woolwich did nothing impressive today, they did not defend well, they were not set up to repel City effectively in any way. Maybe if they had shown something there would be concern but they have been poor since the restart and have won their past two games by luck getting badly outplayed in both. There is absolutely nothing in their team, play or tactics to indicate that they can beat either United or Chelsea. Just like they did against City and Liverpool they will need to rely on their opponents to come out flat and disinterested and get a ton of luck as well.

I hope you are right but I expected MC to win today. Have not watched match and cannot understand why they did not care.

I watched the match. Arteta had a pragmatic game plan, understood City and neutralized their edge, players executed the plan, City couldn’t find a way through, they made City work. Great win for them against City.

They have won how many trophies in the last 5 years and just easily beat this Woolwich team 3-0 a few weeks ago. They came out like it was going to be easy and dominated Woolwich, it was really bad luck and a lack of urgency that cost them today.

Woolwich did nothing impressive today, they did not defend well, they were not set up to repel City effectively in any way. Maybe if they had shown something there would be concern but they have been poor since the restart and have won their past two games by luck getting badly outplayed in both. There is absolutely nothing in their team, play or tactics to indicate that they can beat either United or Chelsea. Just like they did against City and Liverpool they will need to rely on their opponents to come out flat and disinterested and get a ton of luck as well.

They were organized, pragmatic, took their chances well. If they got their chances, they have the quality in auba, Lacazette, and Pepe to score.

Luck and Woolwich go together and sounds like tonight proved that.

I seem to recall a similar narrative in 2017 when Woolwich shocked City in an FA Cup semi. We fucked away our semi final against Chavs and Woolwich beat Chavs in Final.

logic doesn’t come into it. There’s nothing surer than those jammy fuckers will win the final. They’ve won 8 of the 9 FA Cup Finals they’ve played in, EPL era. They’ve also faced Man U in two FA Cup finals, Chavs in two and they’ve won all four of those.

I seem to recall a similar narrative in 2017 when Woolwich shocked City in an FA Cup semi. We fucked away our semi final against Chavs and Woolwich beat Chavs in Final.

logic doesn’t come into it. There’s nothing surer than those jammy fuckers will win the final. They’ve won 8 of the 9 FA Cup Finals they’ve played in, EPL era. They’ve also faced Man U in two FA Cup finals, Chavs in two and they’ve won all four of those.

In 2017 they were 5th in the table 1 point off of 4th, 3 points off 3rd. Now they are 10th in the table 9 points from 4th, 10 from 3rd. This Woolwich team is not very good at all.

i know people may have been burned before but I am not sure there has ever been an Woolwich team this bad to make a final. This is not the same of a good team getting some luck to beat a slightly better team, this is a bad team needing more than just luck, they need the other team to be awful as well as luck to win.

United and Chelsea will have a lot more motivation to win the final if Woolwich is able to hold on against City (which is still a big if) and not a chance that Woolwich can beat a motivated United or Chelsea. They got lucky today playing a City team that put in zero effort and they still needed a lot of luck to get by in that game.

City looked slow and short of ideas in the final third. I also think their high line created unnecessary congestion, which made it harder for their playmakers to generate opportunities.

United and Chelsea will have a lot more motivation to win the final if Woolwich is able to hold on against City (which is still a big if) and not a chance that Woolwich can beat a motivated United or Chelsea. They got lucky today playing a City team that put in zero effort and they still needed a lot of luck to get by in that game.
Fuck why did you have to say this out loud? You are wrong literally 100% of the time so now it's certian they'll win. Fucking hlel.

Is it just me or is anybody else finding this quite amusing that until old Jose starting building up the Europa League nearly every Tottenham fan and there dog didn’t want anything to do with it.

In 2017 they were 5th in the table 1 point off of 4th, 3 points off 3rd. Now they are 10th in the table 9 points from 4th, 10 from 3rd. This Woolwich team is not very good at all.

i know people may have been burned before but I am not sure there has ever been an Woolwich team this bad to make a final. This is not the same of a good team getting some luck to beat a slightly better team, this is a bad team needing more than just luck, they need the other team to be awful as well as luck to win.

On one level, I just couldn’t give a fuck. I hate all 3 of them. Chavs and Man U are no great shakes though. It’s a very winnable final for Woolwich. This season, Woolwich took 4 out of the 6 league points off Man U and came from behind with 10 men to draw at Stamford Bridge.

You just know they’ll win it to fuck us up. Just like 6th place Chelsea had no chance going over to Munich to play Bayern Munich in their home stadium in the final in 2012 and the future was rosy for Harry after securing 4th place.

Is it just me or is anybody else finding this quite amusing that until old Jose starting building up the Europa League nearly every Tottenham fan and there dog didn’t want anything to do with it.

I would have been long of the view that the Europa league is a waste of time and you could do without spending the early hours of Friday morning flying home from the likes of Azerbaijan and Montenegro after playing some glorified pub team.

I’m not for a moment suggesting we’re going to win the League next season, but it’s worth noting that league title wins for first season managers Ranieri at Leicester in 2015/16 and Conte at the Chavs in 2016/17 and Brendan Rodgers almost at Liverpool in 2013/14 were in seasons where all three had no European football and all three remained practically injury free, all season.

Not having any European football should assist us domestically. For all the doom and gloom, it is worth noting if you did a league table since Mourinho took over, we’d be 4th in the league and 3rd in a league table over the 7 rounds since resumption in mid June.

There is deadwood in the squad and starting team as we all know. If we could address the 2 or 3 most critical areas of the team this summer with some astute signings (for a change), we could be a tough proposition for anyone next season.

As an aside. Tierney is a very good full back.I would question why in such a glaring area of weakness, we weren’t the ones trying to sign him from Celtic last summer. We could have offered him European Cup football.

On one level, I just couldn’t give a fuck. I hate all 3 of them. Chavs and Man U are no great shakes though. It’s a very winnable final for Woolwich. This season, Woolwich took 4 out of the 6 league points off Man U and came from behind with 10 men to draw at Stamford Bridge.

You just know they’ll win it to fuck us up. Just like 6th place Chelsea had no chance going over to Munich to play Bayern Munich in their home stadium in the final in 2012 and the future was rosy for Harry after securing 4th place.
Not going to lie I don't care if they win it and it prevents us getting Europa. I'm adamant that Wed/Saturday represents our very best chance of getting back in the ECL.

Back
Top Bottom