Italian Espresso Drinkers FC. vs The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur EUROPA LEAGUE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation=4231, Lloris, Trippier, Alderwiereld, CCV, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Chadli, Lamela, Onomah, Son][/formation]

Rest Kane, Eriksen, Alli, Dier and Dembele.

Brave throwing CCV in but Toby is a brilliant player to play beside him.

Would be a great competition to win, but we may never get this chance at winning the league again, and someone needs to take the FA Cup off of Woolwich.

--------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Trippier----Alderweireld----Wimmer----Davies
-------------------Mason----Bentaleb---------------
Onomah--------------Carroll----------------Chadli
---------------------------Son--------------------------

For a genuine title tilt, the EL can do one. Yea, the treble talk is nice but I will cause murders if one of Dier, Dembele or God gets injured in this competition.

It's funny to think that at the start of the season most people saw the Europa League as our only chance to get Champions League football next season. Now we're 10 points ahead of Horse Shit FC in 5th with 12 games remaining and it looks as though we're going to do it the old fashioned way.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to win the Europa League. Silverware is what football is all about and the Europa League is nothing to be sniffed at. If anything, the fact that the squad aren't going to think that the EL is their only chance of getting CL next season, the pressure might be lifted a bit and they'll perform better on the pitch.

Fiorentina are a useful side but we should pump them. If they weren't aware, we're not the team we were a year ago.

Several players need rest, so ..

Lloris

Trippier Alderweireld Wimmer Davies

Mason Carroll

Lamela Alli Chadli

Son

A draw would be a good result away from home.

Back to bed lads .........Mr Poch is coming .
chips-dormitory-pigout.jpg

I don't know too much about Florenzo this season, just that they had a slight blip last weekend but are pushing for a CL place in Serie A, so to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if we get knocked out against this bunch - I called it early on another forum before the draw where everyone seemed to hold us as one of the favourites bar Dortmund.

Fiorentina have turned it around. Really stepped it up in the second half, equalised and then when Inter Milan went down to 10 men really pushed on, just got a 92nd minute winner. That'll give them great confidence going into the Europa League game.

No idea how they'll line up though, whether they'll go full strength or not. I think they will.

Looking forward to another Eurotrip. I agree, rotate a bit - but we'll give them a much better game than we did last year even with a few changes. Vorm, Davies, Dier, Wimmer, Trippier, Carroll, Dembélé, Chadli, Lamela, Onomah, Son would be my preferred lineup. All to travel except maybe Alderweireld.

Although it looks like you're not respecting the opposition by rotating - we have a small squad and a lot of games so it's necessary here IMO.

I think we should be good enough to win this with a bunch of rotations, maybe even some youth. In some ways though going out of this comp wouldn't be the end of the world. Winning the treble can be done but it adds risk with injuries etc. If we went out then we could win the double and I think would have an excellent chance of that.

Back
Top Bottom