Italian Espresso Drinkers FC. vs The Mighty Tottenham Hotspur EUROPA LEAGUE

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was there but cant remember the game result. If I'm right- this was a 1-0 C Clive Allen goal-win. Those were the days when we were better.
I think it was a 0-0 that I couldnt get to, prob 1st Div '86. I was at the 1-0 when Allen scored, that was 1st leg of League cup semi, early 87. groan, a season of near misses.

I think it was a 0-0 that I couldnt get to, prob 1st Div '86. I was at the 1-0 when Allen scored, that was 1st leg of League cup semi, early 87. groan, a season of near misses.
I can remember the 1-0 nil wins in each of the 3 semis against the Scum. I thought we may have beaten them 1 nil in the league with Allen scoring? I used to live 25 minutes walk from the ground and in them days pay on the day.
Edit 2 x 1 nil wins and a 1 nil lead that we lost 2-1 in the 3rd.

Alli did a bad thing. I hope it doesn't become a pattern. Kane's yellow towards the end really had me shaking my head. Probably didn't deserve it. I just hope these yellows don't come back to haunt us later in the competition.

Because lets be clear here.

We are going to wipe the floor with them back at the The Lane and move on to the next round. Without a doubt.

COYS

It was a dick move. Drilling a guy in the ribs while he's on the pitch is uncalled for, no matter what happened prior. Could of and maybe should have been red. I lost a little respect for him and his reputation is growing, which will cost him (and Spurs) a a critical time.

Obviously we played better in the 1st half. Seem to have stopped closing down on the ball as well in the second. Looked like we were happy with the draw once they scored.

Comments about some of the players:

Vorm: We need an upgrade at second choice. Poor punting and GK's going out of bounds. His punch was week.
Wimmer: solid again, contain, control and clear
Son: Good foot skill but seems to dribble in to jail a lot, killing the momentum
Trippier: Impressive again. Needs to receive the ball more in the attack.
Lamela: Not in the 18??? Hello??

It was a dick move. Drilling a guy in the ribs while he's on the pitch is uncalled for, no matter what happened prior. Could of and maybe should have been red. I lost a little respect for him and his reputation is growing, which will cost him (and Spurs) a a critical time.
You are anticipating the worse without real justification and enforcing the reputation by this over reaction.
I thought the ref dealt with exactly right and from that moment on Alli behaved himself. He hasn't let us down yet and I do not feel he will do. He has played his part this season to get us where we are and will keep doing so without fault.

Just read some earlier post criticising Mason. I wanted to support the brilliant move from Poch to make Mason captain.

Brilliant how, exactly? Captain should organise, especially when defending and that is the worst aspect of Mason's game. How is he meant to get others to see emerging danger when he consistently fails to do it himself?

sorry can't read through all the posts so far. But think the general gist was that we completely bossed them in the first half; until they scored from a lucky deflection, they had hardly done anything; the ref chickened out of giving us a second penalty; everytime we got within an inch of one of their players, they went to ground like a sack of potatoes; a good sign of how far we have come when we were disappointed on getting a draw away from home; their ground is an absolute poo-hole - and don't get me started on the state of the toilets!
All in all, a great trip and Florence is definitely worth a visit. Only real downer was our flight home was delayed by four and a half hours, and we had to bus it to Pisa to get home.
Thanks Kev for the tickets, was great being with the Spurs supporters.

sorry can't read through all the posts so far. But think the general gist was that we completely bossed them in the first half; until they scored from a lucky deflection, they had hardly done anything; the ref chickened out of giving us a second penalty; everytime we got within an inch of one of their players, they went to ground like a sack of potatoes; a good sign of how far we have come when we were disappointed on getting a draw away from home; their ground is an absolute poo-hole - and don't get me started on the state of the toilets!
All in all, a great trip and Florence is definitely worth a visit. Only real downer was our flight home was delayed by four and a half hours, and we had to bus it to Pisa to get home.
FWIW Mrs. P. my mate is going after the airline for compo, as under EU Law, the airline is culpable for technical problems. He knows about stuff like this.

Were you travelling with a lady with blonde hair. Was a few in front of you going through security at Pisa. Wasn't sure if it was you, so didn't say anything.

Were you travelling with a lady with blonde hair. Was a few in front of you going through security at Pisa. Wasn't sure if it was you, so didn't say anything.
Yes, that was my sister. You should have said 'hi', think it's quite obvious that I'll talk to anyone :)
On the bus to the ground, got talking to someone who remembered me from the days we used to go away games by Supporters' Club trains. Agree with you re the view, talk about feeling caged in.

Brilliant how, exactly? Captain should organise, especially when defending and that is the worst aspect of Mason's game. How is he meant to get others to see emerging danger when he consistently fails to do it himself?
Its all about giving the player a boost, confidence, an acknowledgement that he is well respected and thought highly of. He may have the attributes to be a captain, for the future. Giving him the chance to experience doing the job is no different in playing youngsters. Anyway, Poch needed a big game form him on Thur and theres no better way in getting a response than giving a player the captaincy.

Back
Top Bottom