Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maldini, Baresi Baggio, Zoff were already playing in the highest paid League in the World, back in the 90's Serie A was as is the PL now, for the same reason Buffon all be it he was starting off his career back then Parma still had success with a couple of UEFA cups and 2 or 3 Copa Itallia's. Totti is different although he was Roma's highest paid player not too far off £100k per week.
Yeah probably these guys were getting well rewarded just it seems Italians are more than any other nationalitie are home birds! Perhaps the same applies to other countries but their players are not so well known or as good as the that Italian players were.

Always has a soft spot for Siena. They went bankrupt a few years back and then were refounded. Now playing in Seria C.
i have a house not far from Siena (blatant) and have been going regularly the past few years, that little ground in the historic setting of Siena is always a bizarre experience

I ve been following Napoli because they have Dries Mertens, play incredible football, beat the shit out of Bruges and are the only ones capable of challenging the corrupt club for the title

i have a house not far from Siena (blatant) and have been going regularly the past few years, that little ground in the historic setting of Siena is always a bizarre experience

I ve been following Napoli because they have Dries Mertens, play incredible football, beat the shit out of Bruges and are the only ones capable of challenging the corrupt club for the title
I like Siena and Tuscany with its hills.
After the fall of Siena’s bank ( MPS) the city and football team have many problems.
Do you know Palio of Siena? All people
become crazy!!

About Mertens and Napoli: top player and good team. Sarri wants good play, net of steps, possession of the ball.

This year they can win Scudetto ( they don’t win from Maradona), are lost 2 points from Juventus.
The Sarri’s problem today is psychological.
Every time in the past years when he didn’t win he was looking for an alibi. In my opinion this has blocked the growth of the team.
He makes little rotation of the players who are usually tired in April.

I like Siena and Tuscany with its hills.
After the fall of Siena’s bank ( MPS) the city and football team have many problems.
Do you know Palio of Siena? All people
become crazy!!

About Mertens and Napoli: top player and good team. Sarri wants good play, net of steps, possession of the ball.

This year they can win Scudetto ( they don’t win from Maradona), are lost 2 points from Juventus.
The Sarri’s problem today is psychological.
Every time in the past years when he didn’t win he was looking for an alibi. In my opinion this has blocked the growth of the team.
He makes little rotation of the players who are usually tired in April.
The film documentary, Palio is fantastic......

There is also a new documentary on Maradona coming out very soon, from the same team of producers who did Palio (Amy and Senna too) by the same director, Asif Kapadia (North Londoner and Spurs fan) who also directed Senna & Amy (for which he won an Oscar).
Maradona - Film4

I live in Genova ( Italian name) but club is Genoa football cricket ( Genoa as english name) founded by English people.
There are Genoa fc and Sampdoria uc.
Ferraris stadium ( for both) is very english.
The rivalry is very goliardic.

1200px-Stadio_Luigi_Ferraris_di_Genova.jpg

luigi_ferraris_genova-2.jpg

Is that stadium made out of cardboard???

Is that stadium made out of cardboard???

I think so!

I went for different match in Ferraris stadium:

Genoa - Ternana ( team of Umbria) 2004

Sampdoria- Brescia

Genoa - Juventus

Genoa - Roma

Genoa- Juventus

The stadium is ugly, dirty but is good for to watch the match of football.
Different from Juventus Stadium ( now Allianz, is as a living room.

Yeah I know.
I think it's a recreation of middle ages "football" that takes place every year ?
Are we turning you into a Spurs fan ?
Hope so, like you comments.

I'm and remain a supporter of Juventus but I really liked Spurs.
You have good play, good team and you are a very english team different from others english team only “on paper”.
You are a beautiful reality.

I don’t like teams with sheikhs who pay huge numbers and upset the League.

I think that when your stadium is ready you will have 10% more points.

It's fine, we should all use it as our new catch phrase.

COYS
"We are a beautiful reality"
Love it.
It’s true. You a team with great talent :
- the midfield as a Spanish team
- heart England

I was impressed.I explain to you.
In 2007 I saw Tottenham-Everton 1-3 at the old stadium White Hart Lane.
I remember Berbatov&C. Now you’re different. With the new stadium everything will improve. Wembley is the temple of football but your home is always your home. I remember the same for Juventus: increase of victories.
But you must keep the group: Kane, Son, Eriksen etc. They are used to make new players understand what it means to be Spurs and remind old ones.
Good luck

PS I do not say anything else because now we need luck too

Last edited:
This years World Cup will be a poorer event with Italy no in attendance! When you see past Italian team photos through the decades ok theyre grim but the plain blue shirts no bells or whistles just the Italian badge they look fecking intimidating it's what you want in your national team.

Back
Top Bottom