Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are a lot to things to say on this issue, I will only say a few to start with

I am Italian too, and I feel ashamed for what is going on in my country.
These days there are so many old and new ways to manipulate the masses , and clearly in Italy racism is one of those. It's very much linked with Fascism creeping back, but also Italian criminality...oh, well, actually the two things are pretty much the same

It's very sad... I look around myself when I go there, and by far the vast majority of the people I know are not racist at all... I perceive that also among the people I don't directly know, but I also sometimes (too often) perceive (like in any western country) a lot of anger that has nothing to do with the presence of immigrants, but that finds in them an easy target (maybe similar to Trump's America). Sad, shameful and squalid, really

I hope that gradually what happened here after the 50s will happen in Italy too. I hope that gradually the presence of immigrants not just will be perceived as the asbsolute normality, but it will be seen as an enrichment for our country), but it will take a while and there might be some pretty dark moment in the mean time

The problem at the moment is quite complex, but I stop here for now

CR7 jumped up to 2.56 meters: 71 cm of elevation
sampdoria-juventus-1-2-ronaldo-stacco-salto-da-terra-638x423.jpg

Lukaku made a very nice gesture (here is the reference to Natale=Christmas): he left the penalty to the young striker Esposito, at the first appearance as a starter in Serie A (class 2002)

gazza22.jpg

We Italians are not racists: there will be i. each country a% of racists. Also in the UK. As far as I'm concerned, it's a nice gesture from a great player towards a promise.
Institutions vs individuals, there's a huge difference and if others can't see it in the same way as you it's a huge part of the problem

Institutions vs individuals, there's a huge difference and if others can't see it in the same way as you it's a huge part of the problem

Specifically, that is Lukaku who renounces to score 3 goals and leaves the penalty to the young 17 year old I don't think he centers the color of the skin but the team spirit (Conte puts team spirit first): nice gesture. I say this as an opposing fan of Juventus.

If the institutions are not in step with the times, it is their problem.

It's like when I say that Balotelli is a fool who has wasted enormous potential. It does not depend on the color of the skin. Cassano was white and yet he was stupid: he could become bigger than Baggio, Totti, Del Piero and instead he remained a wooden head.

We Italians are not racists: there will be i. each country a% of racists. Also in the UK. As far as I'm concerned, it's a nice gesture from a great player towards a promise.
Don’t be so defensive mate it’s a joke, my ex is Italian and one of 3 best mates is also. I lived in Trieste for a year and spent a lot of time travelling around Italy. I never accused every Italian is racist.

Specifically, that is Lukaku who renounces to score 3 goals and leaves the penalty to the young 17 year old I don't think he centers the color of the skin but the team spirit (Conte puts team spirit first): nice gesture. I say this as an opposing fan of Juventus.

If the institutions are not in step with the times, it is their problem.

It's like when I say that Balotelli is a fool who has wasted enormous potential. It does not depend on the color of the skin. Cassano was white and yet he was stupid: he could become bigger than Baggio, Totti, Del Piero and instead he remained a wooden head.
You're missing the point massively,

Back
Top Bottom