Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

😔

corr23.jpg
It happened in the same time that we were playing so I couldn't see it. Care to make a summary of how the game went?

It happened in the same time that we were playing so I couldn't see it. Care to make a summary of how the game went?
Juventus took the field with the three strikers Ronaldo, Dybala and Higuain. We all thought it was a game already won before playing. Instead Lazio has proved to be a team with balance and quality. The sequence was 1-0; 1-1; 2-1; 3-1. Lazio deserved the victory

gazzetta-2.jpg

Il botto è della Juventus: The bang is from Juventus

What’s your views on Torino?

My understanding is that they have a rich history and are widely respected across Italy. Do you hate each other like Lazio and Roma, or is there more respect between you both?

What’s your views on Torino?

My understanding is that they have a rich history and are widely respected across Italy. Do you hate each other like Lazio and Roma, or is there more respect between you both?

Torino F.C. (football club) always brings with it the Superga tragedy. It is a respected team even though it has not been among the top teams in Italy for many years. With Juventus there is a great rivalry even if Torino FC is paradoxically Turin's first team. Juventus is more a team that has fans scattered throughout Italy: this also derives from Gianni Agnelli's strategy from the 70s: taking the best Italian players from all over southern Italy. Why? FIAT (the car brand of the Agnelli ) there were many immigrants from Southern Italy. Representing them also eased social tensions.

Torino F.C. (football club) always brings with it the Superga tragedy. It is a respected team even though it has not been among the top teams in Italy for many years. With Juventus there is a great rivalry even if Torino FC is paradoxically Turin's first team. Juventus is more a team that has fans scattered throughout Italy: this also derives from Gianni Agnelli's strategy from the 70s: taking the best Italian players from all over southern Italy. Why? FIAT (the car brand of the Agnelli ) there were many immigrants from Southern Italy. Representing them also eased social tensions.

As a Juve fan do you dislike them?

I know about the tragedy and their mediocre form over the last few decades. Just wondering if Juve fans respect Torino or if it’s a rivalry like Spurs and Woolwich.

As a Juve fan do you dislike them?

I know about the tragedy and their mediocre form over the last few decades. Just wondering if Juve fans respect Torino or if it’s a rivalry like Spurs and Woolwich.

I confirm the rivalry Juventus-Turin similar to that Juventus-Fiorentina. Perhaps the level is slightly less than Woolwich-Tottenham. Over the years there have been references of bad taste to the dead of Superga (by fools from Juventus) or to the dead from Heysel (by fools from Turin).

And Inter just drew against Cagliari, with Radja Nainggolan (of all people) scoring the equalizer. Negatives? It probably made the title race a 2 horse race. Positives? Currently taking the piss in the most brutal way possible in a Whatsapp group. :levylol:

Juventus midfield statistics

2011/2012 = 26 gol e 26 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Giaccherini, Padoin, Pazienza

2012/2013 = 39 gol e 46 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Giaccherini, Padoin

2013/2014 = 40 gol e 37 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah, Padoin

2014/2015 = 33 gol e 40 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Pereyra, Sturaro, Padoin

2015/2016 = 21 gol e 22 assist; Pogba, Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah, Pereyra, Hernanes, Lemina

2016/2017 = 17 gol e 25 assist; Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Sturaro, Lemina, Rincon

2017/2018 = 20 gol e 20 assist; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Sturaro, Bentancur

2018/2019 = 15 gol e 13 assist; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Bentancur, Emre Can

2019/2020* = 7 gol e 11 assist; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Bentancur, Emre Can, Rabiot, Ramsey

Juventus midfield statistics

2011/2012 = 26 gol e 26 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Giaccherini, Padoin, Pazienza

2012/2013 = 39 gol e 46 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Giaccherini, Padoin

2013/2014 = 40 gol e 37 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Asamoah, Padoin

2014/2015 = 33 gol e 40 assist; Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, Pogba, Pereyra, Sturaro, Padoin

2015/2016 = 21 gol e 22 assist; Pogba, Marchisio, Khedira, Asamoah, Pereyra, Hernanes, Lemina

2016/2017 = 17 gol e 25 assist; Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Sturaro, Lemina, Rincon

2017/2018 = 20 gol e 20 assist; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Marchisio, Sturaro, Bentancur

2018/2019 = 15 gol e 13 assist; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Bentancur, Emre Can

2019/2020* = 7 gol e 11 assist; Matuidi, Pjanic, Khedira, Bentancur, Emre Can, Rabiot, Ramsey

Guess Ramsey's to blame for the lower output. :troll:

Managed to catch up on some missed episodes of Golazo pod this week and my word, what a listen.

For those interested, I highly recommend the following episodes:
This pod touches on Quagliarella, following his amazing back-heel goal, I had no idea about the stalking case around him, it's fascinating to listen and very Italian story.
https://audioboom.com/channels/4938942.rss

Great conversation, well structured and takes you on a journey of the amazing story of Chievo story

My favourite was this one on Gaucci - Many know about him from tabloid stuff written over the years, but told as an accumulative makes for a real education. Brilliant listen.

Today Luciano Gaucci died in Santo Domingo (81 years old). In practice he was on the run ... escaped to justice

Back
Top Bottom