Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't support any team outside of Spurs, but because of Channel 4's Football Italia and Gazzetta Show's in the 90's I was fixated with Serie A. Any fandom was driven mainly by the players than the clubs, so Baresi, Costacurta, Maldini, van Basten, Donadoni, Baggio, Vialli, Batistuta, Crespo etc. etc. etc...Then of course Gazza to Lazio.

All this straight after the World Cup of Italia 90, Maradona leaving Napoli in a storm, the stage was set for ten years of fantasy and education. To this day football hasn't been better covered.

Now Serie A is 3@ league after:
Liga
Premier League

The great problem are stadiums. Only 4-5 clubs are stadiumโ€™s property.
Different from english stadium.
less money consequence of less good ideas

Always has a soft spot for Siena. They went bankrupt a few years back and then were refounded. Now playing in Seria C.

I followed Lazio because of Gazza, but that soon changed when i learnt more about their fascist fans....

When playing FM i would manage Sampdoria, Parma or Torino so i have a soft spot for those clubs.

Benevento as my mother comes from Pietrelcina which is a village 12km away. Back to back promotions but too much too soon. Also keep an eye AC Milan as my cousins up there follow them and they were founded by English men as were a few Italian teams. Also loved Marco Van Basten

Soft spot for AC Milan because of Maldini... What a player! But I've never really had an Italian team I liked watching.

I followed Lazio because of Gazza, but that soon changed when i learnt more about their fascist fans....

When playing FM i would manage Sampdoria, Parma or Torino so i have a soft spot for those clubs.

Lazioโ€™s supportes are worse.
In January they sticked ( Olimpico stadium) Anna Franckโ€™ s pics in red-yellow ( colors of Roma AC).

Ignore history: bad

Back
Top Bottom