Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I live in Genova ( Italian name) but club is Genoa football cricket ( Genoa as english name) founded by English people.
There are Genoa fc and Sampdoria uc.
Ferraris stadium ( for both) is very english.
The rivalry is very goliardic.

1200px-Stadio_Luigi_Ferraris_di_Genova.jpg

luigi_ferraris_genova-2.jpg

When Sampdoria was relegated to Serie B (2011) after a defeat in the derby for 1-0 there was a "funeral" of Sampdoria with the funeral procession ( 30.000 people) from the stadium to the most important square of the city without incident.

images

Gen23--158x237.jpg

necrologio-sampdoria-11009.1024x768.jpg

images

I like Sampdoria (only sympathy) because there is the twinning Sampdoria-Ternana, the team of my hometown, Umbria ( always Serie B and C , two times in serie A ).

But I’m Juventus’s supporter from my father.

I live in Genova ( Italian name) but club is Genoa football cricket ( Genoa as english name) founded by English people.

I enjoyed my time there (many years ago). The main things I remember are an outdoor swimming pool in the hills, Nervi, some nice restaurants, and the aquarium. Great history too.

I enjoyed my time there (many years ago). The main things I remember are an outdoor swimming pool in the hills, Nervi, some nice restaurants, and the aquarium. Great history too.
From May to October ( good weather) many people go in Nervi ( the last Neighborhood at east Genoa) , Bogliasco etc for “sun bathing “.
The weather in Riviera is incredibile!!

I remember watching them in 90's when David Platt played for them, if I recall they weren't too bad then???

On a side note, I never understood what people saw in David Platt, I thought he was crap.

Fiorentina is far from Juventus ( It is dangerous to go in Florence with Juventus’s scarf or shirt) but Batistuta was incredible.
I remember a player very loyal, “King Lion”.
I applaud those who honor football

Right foot volley was his trade mark, he used to do attempted them 2 or 3 times per game. Scored plenty of them too!

Best CB in the World (used to love Maldini too) but Berasi was not only an icon for Milan, Italy but he became an icon of the game. I was a CB when young and my school kit was the same as Milan, no guesses for who I used to pretend to be.

You guys have Hiljemark on your team so you are good in my book

There's one thing that has to be admired but perhaps it more a culture thing or Italian mentality and that is over the years some if not most of the great Italian players of various generations have opted to stay in Italy and play their football! Maldini,Baresi,Totti,Baggio,Zoff,Buffon why this is the case I'm not sure because each of the players I've mentioned could have walked into any club side in Europe and made avast amount of money but obviously they were either well paid in Italy or money wasn't their ambition and fair play to them if it wasn't pity more players had the same attitude.

There's one thing that has to be admired but perhaps it more a culture thing or Italian mentality and that is over the years some if not most of the great Italian players of various generations have opted to stay in Italy and play their football! Maldini,Baresi,Totti,Baggio,Zoff,Buffon why this is the case I'm not sure because each of the players I've mentioned could have walked into any club side in Europe and made avast amount of money but obviously they were either well paid in Italy or money wasn't their ambition and fair play to them if it wasn't pity more players had the same attitude.
Maldini, Baresi Baggio, Zoff were already playing in the highest paid League in the World, back in the 90's Serie A was as is the PL now, for the same reason Buffon all be it he was starting off his career back then Parma still had success with a couple of UEFA cups and 2 or 3 Copa Itallia's. Totti is different although he was Roma's highest paid player not too far off £100k per week.

Back
Top Bottom