Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think the last 24 hours says more about the - possibly temporary - demise of Barca and Real, as opposed to a genuine European renaissance for Italian football. I do think an opportunity is opening up for English football to dominate in Europe again. But it may not last, depending on how the Spanish bastards move on over the summer.

Italian football does have a touch of glass about it and a cultural intensity that Spain can’t get remotely close to. Both the Nou Camp and the Bernabeau are utterly sterile, and there is a lack of passion in the stands.

I don’t really have an Italian team since I realised quite how scummy Lazio are. But I do like Genoa and the fact that they have British origins as well as having the word ‘cricket’ in their full name!

I think the last 24 hours says more about the - possibly temporary - demise of Barca and Real, as opposed to a genuine European renaissance for Italian football. I do think an opportunity is opening up for English football to dominate in Europe again. But it may not last, depending on how the Spanish bastards move on over the summer.

Italian football does have a touch of glass about it and a cultural intensity that Spain can’t get remotely close to. Both the Nou Camp and the Bernabeau are utterly sterile, and there is a lack of passion in the stands.

I don’t really have an Italian team since I realised quite how scummy Lazio are. But I do like Genoa and the fact that they have British origins as well as having the word ‘cricket’ in their full name!
I live in Genova ( but I’m Juventus ‘s supporter from Umbria near Rome).
Genoa and Sampdoria are good team with good supportes

cartolina%20001.JPG

This is Genoa Liverpool 1992, coppa UEFA

Absolutely outrageous comments from Buffon. Thinks the ref should make decisions based on the fact it was his last time in the competition etc... The only person who didn't handle the pressure was you sunshine.

Absolutely outrageous comments from Buffon. Thinks the ref should make decisions based on the fact it was his last time in the competition etc... The only person who didn't handle the pressure was you sunshine.

Sorry Guido but it’s very different.

His words are very different. He doesn’t ask for any tribute to his career. I'm his age and Buffon has always been very diplomatic. He said that the episode was doubtful and that in the last seconds you can not sanction a dubious episode by ruining a show. If he is not able to withstand the pressure go to the stadium as a spectator with the family and eating chips

Sorry Guido but it’s very different.

His words are very different. He doesn’t ask for any tribute to his career. I'm his age and Buffon has always been very diplomatic. He said that the episode was doubtful and that in the last seconds you can not sanction a dubious episode by ruining a show. If he is not able to withstand the pressure go to the stadium as a spectator with the family and eating chips
When where the laws of the game changed? 1st min or last minute if it's a penalty then it's a penalty. The replays show this. Buffon seems to think penalties shouldn't be awarded because it's the last seconds!! What an idiot that makes him sound.

Buffon's comments are implying the ref couldn't handle the pressure, he's wrong, the ONLY two people that handled the pressure was the Ref and Ronaldo who remained calm and composed to score a perfect penalty whilst Buffon was pushing and shoving the ref multiple times. Juve and particularly Buffon lost their heads at the only time when they needed to stay calm and focused.

Juve were the best team on the night, there is no debate about this. Any team in the world would feel badly about conceding a penalty in the last seconds of a game. But all this doesn't change the fact that it was a penalty, the ref got the decision correct. He was then surrounded by almost the entire Juve team screaming in his face, Buffon as the Captain does have the right to talk to the ref, what he doesn't have the right to do his push him, let alone multiple times. His actions got himself sent off. Had he remained calm and focused on preparing himself for the penalty that had just been given, he might have saved it had he not been sent off, he's x20 the keeper of that wanker Szczesny.

Buffon is a great man and one of the most respected players in the World but his actions and subsequent post match comments have made him look a complete idiot. A total lack of class, a quality in which he has always shown as a professional. May be he should take some time out and listen to Del Piero, then if he is the man everyone thinks he is, he should come out and apologise for his comments and do what real men do, take responsibility for his actions.

Juve need to look at themselves, next year Tottenham will over take them on the financial standings, whilst this isn't anything to cheer about, it's not a trophy, it odes mean on the European stage you are going backwards, whilst Tottenham are going forwards. If Juve want to lecture my football club about our mentality (Chellini's comments) and who have Presidents and Senior Club Management talking to match officials before and during a game, from a Club that has a history cheating and fixing matches you will get no sympathy here I'm afraid. In the last minutes of that game and the subsequent classless comments that followed the game in Madrid, I'm sorry to say that Juve have again been exposed for what they are, a Club with no class, no respect, no dignity. It's fine taking the morale high ground when you are winning but it is in the hardest moments when you should be judged and look at your Club now. Crying, swearing, bleating, accusing and trying to act blameless where it was all down to them and their actions. The true colours of Juve have been exposed again, been left bare for all to see, Juve have no class.

(This isn't aimed at you, I'm glad you have stuck around and I like your posts. I get why you feel raw and upset, I would too, but like your club you should take time reflect on what actually happened. It will not take the pain away but it means you will not look like a Liverpool supporter always claiming to be a victim).

Three things, a) I can't stand Real Madrid with their plastic fans and arrogant President(s) and b) I wanted Juve to win, because that knock us out c) I can't stand Ronaldo
BUT in the words of Kipling;
If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs, you'll be a man my son.

THIS is Juve! THIS is what they do, then they cry, get upset, point fingers and blame everyone else. NO CLASS.

Guido, I have great respect for your words because you are a very balanced person.
But allow me not to agree.
For Juventus-Real Madrid they were superior.
Juventus Stadium stood up to applaud the 0-2 of CR7 and at the end of the match Buffon expressed words of pet CR7. Nobody had problems on anything. We all did self-criticism.
CR7 said it was the first time he received applause from the opposing fans.

European papers hail Ronaldo's amazing superstrike as extraterrestrial

The Sun:
Juventus fans applaud Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo after amazing overhead goal in the Champions League.

Juve centre-back Giorgio Chiellini had earlier hailed Ronaldo as the best in history for winning over the Turin faithful.

He said: “What he’s done tonight will be talked about for decades and decades.

“I’ve never heard the fans of Turin applaud an opposing team’s player until tonight. For me he’s the best player in history.”

Why was the referee a bad referee? If you allocate the penalty kick you must also show Benatia a red card because it is a clear goal. He proved he was not able to handle the pressure of the Bernabeu. Real Madrid are three years that in the quarterfinals eliminates with arbitration favors Atletico Madrid, Bayern Monaco and Juventus. Please go see Real Madrid-Bayern Munich 4-2 (2 goals doubt and expelled Vidal)

Guido, I have great respect for your words because you are a very balanced person.
But allow me not to agree.
For Juventus-Real Madrid they were superior.
Juventus Stadium stood up to applaud the 0-2 of CR7 and at the end of the match Buffon expressed words of pet CR7. Nobody had problems on anything. We all did self-criticism.
CR7 said it was the first time he received applause from the opposing fans.

European papers hail Ronaldo's amazing superstrike as extraterrestrial

The Sun:
Juventus fans applaud Real Madrid legend Cristiano Ronaldo after amazing overhead goal in the Champions League.

Juve centre-back Giorgio Chiellini had earlier hailed Ronaldo as the best in history for winning over the Turin faithful.

He said: “What he’s done tonight will be talked about for decades and decades.

“I’ve never heard the fans of Turin applaud an opposing team’s player until tonight. For me he’s the best player in history.”

No problem with this @fugueres I thought it was good to see, I posted a clip of it in this forum but it's easy to applaud when the game is gone, just as it is easy to applaud when you have just won. My comments aren't aimed at the fans, although there is danger that they will look silly too as the Club continue to take this stand. They are aimed at the Club, their players and their Management (not Allegri) who right now are looking very bad, who are lacking in class.

Small example of the many tweets some Juve fans have sent threatening the Ref's wife, showing as much class as their Captain and Club.

If Buffon needs to show some balls and admit his mistakes.

DauqHV-X0AAlxsw.jpg

DauqHV_WAAA2rI7.jpg

DauqHWGWAAAhSkL.jpg

And Hart?
What’s the red card?

It must be clear: I do not like going to insult Michael Oliver and his wife because the network is useful for communicating. What he did is however unqualified. Another aspect: 3 minutes of recovery with a single change and without medical interventions in the field from where they arrive?

Who is Michael Oliver? Where are his balls?

I repeat: I will never go to insult the Twitter accounts of his family but he has destroyed a game of great football as an idiot

Back
Top Bottom