Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should probably go in the "Modern Football is Broken" thread.... but, just WOW!

Reckon Spurs fans can get compensation for the CL Final, 'cos I can think of HALF A DOZEN players who "didn't turn up" to that!!!!!

The Italian FA are going to trial run stewards wearing body cams to be able to identify culprits of racist behavior.

The first game to test it out will be the game between Hellas Verona and Juve this weekend.

Reckon Spurs fans can get compensation for the CL Final, 'cos I can think of HALF A DOZEN players who "didn't turn up" to that!!!!!

Not really. If the tickets were sold on someone appearing and they didnt, thats false advertising.

Depends how its billed.

If it was Anthony Joshua v Deontay Wilder. And Gary Cornish turned up to fight wilder. People would complain. Pipe down friend.

Not really. If the tickets were sold on someone appearing and they didnt, thats false advertising.
Depends how its billed.
If it was Anthony Joshua v Deontay Wilder. And Gary Cornish turned up to fight wilder. People would complain. Pipe down friend.
Ah, but that's the difference... Boxing (like Tennis, Snooker, Darts) is a Singular sport, NOT a team sport...
There are 10 OTHER Juventus players for fans to watch... it's NOT just about one person...
Except it is now... hence the 'Modern Football is broken' analogy!

Modern football 'fans' are already supporting players rather than clubs, and will no doubt swap those clubs at a whim, as and when a player leaves....
I imagine the Danish Spurs fan club have a few extra Inter fans this week...

...and don't even get me started on the new wave of homemade "XXPlayer: Can I have your shirt?" placards that have suddenly infested the game...
Up there with half and half scarves and Clappers imho!

Ah, but that's the difference... Boxing (like Tennis, Snooker, Darts) is a Singular sport, NOT a team sport...
There are 10 OTHER Juventus players for fans to watch... it's NOT just about one person...
Except it is now... hence the 'Modern Football is broken' analogy!

Modern football 'fans' are already supporting players rather than clubs, and will no doubt swap those clubs at a whim, as and when a player leaves....
I imagine the Danish Spurs fan club have a few extra Inter fans this week...

...and don't even get me started on the new wave of homemade "XXPlayer: Can I have your shirt?" placards that have suddenly infested the game...
Up there with half and half scarves and Clappers imho!

Like I said, it depends how they advertised it. If its a re seller advertising at an extortionate price on promise of ronaldo. Then its false advertising.

Fans from abroad have always supported players rather than clubs. In 90s I liked AC Milan. Now I like Inter, so what?

Like I said, it depends how they advertised it. If its a re seller advertising at an extortionate price on promise of ronaldo. Then its false advertising.

Fans from abroad have always supported players rather than clubs.
I totally see your point re: false advertising, I suppose my point was that fans are fickle/star struck (delete as applicable) enough to only want to support a team 'cos of ONE PLAYER...

PROSECUTION INTERVENES: "M'lud, exhibit A: :sonhmm:

DEFENCE: "Aaaaah, yes, erm, ahem, well..."

JUDGE: "Case dismissed!"

...yeah, I ttotally get it. As and when the sad day arrives that Son leaves, the South/West lower part of WHL (not to mention the Club Shop) is gonna be a fucking GHOST TOWN!

In 90s I liked AC Milan. Now I like Inter, so what?
JUDUS!!

:cunt::gallashmm::adestare:

Italian league is quite interesting. Ignoring Juve, rest of the league is quite competitive. With some great historical clubs.

If only they could sort out their stadiums and move forwards.
Serie A is very competitive this year. Juventus are the strongest but Inter are at the height of disturbing and Lazio are surprised. In addition, Lazio is out of the Italian Cup and EL therefore has more energy.

gazza10.jpg

I don't know much about the story but anything that tips the horribly one-sided balance of power between fans and clubs/players is fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom